-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Alberta Bears are often quite large. Some are exceptional, when I worked in the management program we often shared resources between the Canadian provinces tree farms and the ones in the states. Much of my early wildlife management years were spent with the Canadian guys.

With bait hunting it's a perfect archery opportunity. Also BC has a high percentage of black, while Alberta is the opposite and probably has more brown, reddish and cinnamon colored bears than anyplace in the world.

With a spot and stalk hunt you will likely be with a guide the whole time so his advice could be ( will be) priceless. While in a stand over bait you will be on your own to hunt the bear and judge everything for yourself.

This may be a determining factor for you. Also the guided spot and stalk hunting in BC will likely be twice the cost of an Alberta baited hunt. In most places you can shoot two bears in Alberta as well.

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I harvested a 7 footer about 5 years ago with Coastal Mountain Outfitters I guess they changed their name.
https://milliganoutfitting.com/ all spot and stock hunting.

Had enough of hunting over donuts.

Good luck and shoot straight especially at those BC King Kongers

Bob

B
BH63 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
I went to the ISE in Denver and spoke with a couple of outfitters. I wasn't impressed to be honest. They either wanted too much money (~$5000.00 for one bear) or seemed to be new to bear baiting.

My hip really does give me a lot of pain, so unless I get a hip replacement, I will probably opt for a hunt over bait.

I was looking at a outfitter in Newfoundland. The price seemed reasonable ($2200.00 plus license and taxes), but the flight from Denver to Gander (Air Canada) was expensive (~$1000.00) bucks and had a really long layover.

I will be taking a closer look at the recommendation on this thread.

Thanks.

BH63

B
BH63 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by DeanAnderson
I can get you info on the outfitter I moose hunt with up in the NW corner of Saskatchewan. He does spring bear hunts, huge bear in the area and high success rate, and he runs a first rate camp. His name is Teddy Clark, Big Bear Contractor's out of LaLoche. I was just up there for 3 weeks in September/October moose hunting. Saw some moose, weather was too warm, but lots of bear. I should have had a bear tag! Take care, Dean.

I just sent them an e-mail. I will let you know what I find out.

Thanks.

BH63

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by BH63
I went to the ISE in Denver and spoke with a couple of outfitters. I wasn't impressed to be honest. They either wanted too much money (~$5000.00 for one bear) or seemed to be new to bear baiting.

My hip really does give me a lot of pain, so unless I get a hip replacement, I will probably opt for a hunt over bait.

I was looking at a outfitter in Newfoundland. The price seemed reasonable ($2200.00 plus license and taxes), but the flight from Denver to Gander (Air Canada) was expensive (~$1000.00) bucks and had a really long layover.

I will be taking a closer look at the recommendation on this thread.

Thanks.

BH63

Check out Mike's Outfitting in Northern Alberta.

I hunted there last May, and am going the next two May's.

He's a good guy who consistently kills big bears.

Check out his website:

http://www.mikesoutfitting.com/index.html

He's a serious bowhunter himself and a really nice guy.

IC B2

B
BH63 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
Thanks. Last night I saw a movie about moose that was filmed in Northern Alberta. Fantastic country. His prices seem a little steep for me, but it does look like he gets lots of really big bears.

BH63

Last edited by BH63; 01/19/17.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

535 members (1Longbow, 1936M71, 1moredeer, 1beaver_shooter, 01Foreman400, 1minute, 66 invisible), 2,637 guests, and 1,371 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,452
Posts18,471,057
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.