Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
L
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
L
I grew up in a right handed family. Tried to like a right hand bolt gun for a long time(Dad had a Pre'64 Win. 70 in 30.06). Oh how I loved that rifle but just couldn't get used to the right hand bolt. Finally, bought a LH Rem 700(cause no LH Win. 70s were available in the early 80's). First time I hunted with it I got a shot at a muley buck and imediately went to cycle another round in anticipation of a followup shot if needed. Interestingly enough, I reached over the scope to cycle the bolt from the right side of the rifle. grin Got a good chuckle out of that.....had to teach myself to cycle the bolt from the left side!

Being a Lefty has been the curse of my life as far as firearm purchasing goes at least. For years I lusted over what I couldn't have because it wasn't available to the left hander. Finally decided spending a little extra money on customizing a very few lefty rifles might be more beneficial than waiting(hoping) for the gun manufactures to produce what I wanted(all the while knowing it probably wasn't going to happen). It hasn't been cheap but I now have what I want and am satisfied with the result.

Have to admit, however, If given the chance to own a true Model 70 FWT in a LH short action, I'd probably jump. grin

Good luck with the new rifle, you got a good one.

Leftybolt

Last edited by leftybolt; 01/19/17.
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by leftybolt
Wacenturion,

Sorry. Guess I forgot to insert the smiley face emoji in my post.grin

Relax, this is the internet, it's all good! Sorry you misunderstood my post in the way I intended it(as a bit sarcastic), just having a little fun here. grin After all we're both on the same team(Team Model 70).

You are exactly right, it's all in the eye of the beholder. It's nice that we have so many options available that suit our individual tastes.

Now having said that,

Yep, your pic proves my point, them DNZ mounts are bulky and uglyyyyy....! laugh

Never lapped a Talley or Leupold ring in my life. Just got to take a little care when mounting to get them straight and presto!!!...no ring marks.

Now, look how svelt, clean, and uncluttered these Talley and Leupold mounts look in comparison:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Sorry, Jeremy, didn't mean to derail your thread. Just wanted you to take all things into consideration so your happy with whichever mounts you decide on.

And yes, Conetrol is another really nice option.

Ya'll take care and have a great day!

Leftybolt

No offense taken. Those do look nice and clean, at least on lefty models... grin

"By the time you realize your father was a smart man, you have a teenager telling you just how stupid you are."
P
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
P
Consider S&K as well.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Nice.

`Bring Enough Gun`
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by pathfinder76
Consider S&K as well.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

There a beautiful rifle!

Semper Fi
IC B2

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

660 members (12344mag, 19rabbit52, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 007FJ, 68 invisible), 3,286 guests, and 1,319 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,486
Posts18,471,860
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.