Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
There were some initial reports of BAD tornado and wind damage across a wide swath of Mississippi and East / N.E. this AM, early. Since than, taken down, and the big news is what some liberal queer said on Saturday night live, and "pussyhats"

wtf, over ?

GTC

Last edited by crossfireoops; 01/22/17.

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's not about reporting the news; it's about pushing an agenda.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Carpet baggers

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
There it is. ^^^^^

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
It was nasty down here in SW GA. Tornado crossed the highway directly in front of my house. Lost a huge oak tree in my yard, which, luckily, did not fall in the house. Other folks weren't so fortunate. Ten or eleven deaths reported so far, with others to be found as debris is removed.

A special with most tornadoes, major damage, as well as veh

It was dang nasty today

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
IC B2

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
first i'd heard of it right here.
sympathy and prayers from here.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Civil Defense,
lemme repeat that,
CIVIL DEFENSE,
and the clear cut duties inherent to the distribution and broadcasting information critical thereto, was once MANDATED as one of the requirements for FCC licensing.
I honestly don't know if that's still in place, or has been deleted.
Either way, we need the concept of adherence to basic DUTIES brought back.
....doubt the current MSM crop are going to cut that mustard.

GTC

-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
crossfire;
Good evening sir, hopefully you had a decent day.

The interesting thing for me is that on one of our Canuck affiliates - Global - had really good coverage on the storm both in Mississippi and Georgia.

They also covered Pres. Trump's response to it.

Anyway sir, strange days and all that I guess - but like I said in another thread - at least the extreme left are showing their true colors now aren't they?

All the best to you this week sir and stay safe down there on the southern border.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Godogs57
It was nasty down here in SW GA. Tornado crossed the highway directly in front of my house. Lost a huge oak tree in my yard, which, luckily, did not fall in the house. Other folks weren't so fortunate. Ten or eleven deaths reported so far, with others to be found as debris is removed.

It was dang nasty today

I've heard catastrophic damage to Hattiesburg, and multiple deaths and injuries. Damn tornado was a virtual replica of the one that blitzed the place 4 years ago.

As noted, and sadly,at this point it's WAY easier for me to pass on how Madonna really feels about metaphor, than anything else regarding a major disaster.

GTC

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
Originally Posted by Godogs57

It was dang nasty today

I've heard catastrophic damage to Hattiesburg, and multiple deaths and injuries. Damn tornado was a virtual replica of the one that blitzed the place 4 years ago.

As noted, and sadly,at this point it's WAY easier for me to pass on how Madonna really feels about metaphor, than anything else regarding a major disaster.

GTC

It makes this blow out by the the Patriots seem pretty trivial, doesn't it?

Our thoughts are with the folks suffering down there.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Trump mentioned the tornadoes this morning and said he was in contact with the governors of Alabama, Georgia, and Florida. He mentioned 11 deaths in Georgia and sent his condolences. Quite a departure from the lawn jockey who would have been on the golf course and never have given it a second thought.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Our town, Albany, GA, just issued a call to all off duty medical personnel to come assist. They are in dire straights. Sixty body bags laid out in one area in case they are needed, others elsewhere. Son is a paramedic...threw on his clothes and is there helping. Hospital warned off duty med personnel to expect the worst when they report.

Finding fatalities in many places...missing two year old girl, found dead in wreckage. Found another two year old wrapped in a blanket, inside of a dryer...both parents dead. Just unreal. Two "mortuary trailers" have arrived, so they must be thinking it will get worse.

So sad. I'm fortunate to have just lost a big ol oak tree.

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yup we definitely have some awful and deadly weather in the Carolinas, Bama, FL and Georgia. From what I can tell GA is getting the worst of it. But SC tornados and flooding are popping up state-wide.

Thankfully, we are in high country so prayers to those effected in the low country areas.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
BIG news here via I-net is that Californians are evacuating ahead of an apocalyptic rain event.
Still NOTHING about the South.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
So President Trump responded already? That's the first I heard of it.

"The Abortion March" is the only thing I've heard any coverage of.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
So President Trump responded already? That's the first I heard of it.

"The Abortion March" is the only thing I've heard any coverage of.

He begins talking about the storms at the 0:45 second mark

[video:youtube]yrO-1tjPE9M[/video]

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It was [bleep] indeed, I was duck hunting near the coast of GA when the band passed through. Prayers for the families.

Lowcountry Wildlife Management
Knowing Wildlife Beyond Science
[email protected]
Genesis 9;2
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
There were some initial reports of BAD tornado and wind damage across a wide swath of Mississippi and East / N.E. this AM, early. Since than, taken down, and the big news is what some liberal queer said on Saturday night live, and "pussyhats"

wtf, over ?

GTC

It's been reported on all the networks multiple times.
You think everything is some sort of conspiracy.
I think the alcohol is fogging your brain.

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It would take a national tragedy of immense proportions to cause the liberal news media to not report on a bunch of queers and women libbers protesting Trump. It's what they live for. If anyone thinks that they view a tornado killing some Southerners in trailer park, as being more newsworthy than some tranny out marching in protest, then they're wrong.

My prayers go out to the people who got hit by the storms. They are the real victims, not the protesters.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
On a lighter note, this caught my eye yesterday.
___

NWS says tornado damaged Newton County home, killed a deer

The National Weather Service in Lake Charles had personnel in northeast Newton County on Thursday investigating storm damage, and a report issued by meteorologist Roger Erickson says that it was determined that a tornado on Wednesday afternoon damaged a home, and also killed a deer.

According to the report, It happened at about 1:40 in the area of Private Road 6099 near Farm to Market Road 2991, about 3 miles east of Burkeville.

The report said that the twister, which was rated an EF-1 on the Enhanced Fujita Scale, was about 25 yards wide, had winds up to 105 miles-per-hour, and stayed on the ground for just under one mile, and was witnessed by a few people.

According to the report, the cyclone knocked down several trees, and also struck a deer feeder and watering device which sent it flying through the air. The device struck and decapitated a nearby deer. The twister then folded back part of the roof of a nearby home.

Fortunately, no humans in the area were injured as a result of the twister.

A few weeks ago, severe thunderstorms crossed the area and it was later determined that two tornadoes struck northern Jasper County and one struck central Newton County.

http://www.kjas.com/news/local_news/article_cb8332da-df68-11e6-8890-7b12bfaee617.html

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

577 members (12344mag, 16penny, 007FJ, 02bfishn, 160user, 10gaugeman, 63 invisible), 2,481 guests, and 1,288 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,437
Posts18,470,834
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.