Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
bea175 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Stop me if you have heard this before: Liberals are now protesting something that they don’t agree with. This is becoming more and more common in today’s day and age. Seriously it’s like every hour there is something that liberals are protesting.
The worst part is that it is affecting the everyday people of the United States. By that, I mean there are people trying to come home from work, school, or anything related to that and they have to sit through protesters blocking the highway or another main road strip.
There was literally nothing you could do. Not to mention all the legal issues that would occur if you accidentally hit one of these protesters because they ran out in the street attempting to protest. That is now coming to an end, as a new bill introduced in North Dakota is protecting drivers from protesters.

As of right now, the North Dakota bill is going to exempt drivers from liability if they unintentionally run over a Dakota Access Pipeline protester that decides they are going to block traffic on a public road or highway. However there is reason to think that this bill will get bigger considering the amount of protests that are occurring over the nation, thanks to Black Lives Matter

North Dakota state Representative Keith Kempenich, a Republican, said the bill was needed to prevent protesters from blocking roadways and to protect drivers who accidentally hit them. We have all been there before, something suddenly comes out from the road and you can’t react in time, causing an accident.
“It’s shifting the burden of proof from the motor vehicle driver to the pedestrian. [Roads] are not there for the protesters. They’re intentionally putting themselves in danger.” It’s a little sad that we have to have a law that protects people driving from the stupidity of protesters. Seriously, it’s common sense to not block a highway!

Advertisement
This bill says, “A driver of a motor vehicle who unintentionally causes injury or death to an individual obstructing vehicular traffic on a public road, street, or highway is not guilty of an offense.” Maybe this will teach protesters to stop blocking the roads, or just stop protesting incredibly stupid things. They’re protesting everything and anything that upsets them. It’s time to grow up.
Kempenich’s legislation is going to protect drivers who hit protesters on the roads from being “liable for any damages,” especially those that have no idea what is going on and hit the accelerator instead of the brakes. Again this is affecting the people protesting the Dakota Access Pipeline, but there is no reason to think that this won’t affect the entire nation in response to Black Lives Matter protests blocking roads as well.

Unsurprisingly, people are angry and claim that the bill “criminalizes the protests,“ as well as puts them in danger. However, and this is where common sense comes into play, DON’T GO INTO THE STREETS! It’s that simple.

Tara Houska is an American Indian environmental activist and had a response to the bill. “It’s shocking to see legislation that allows for people to literally be killed for exercising their right to protest in a public space.” No, it’s giving the drivers liability in case one of these protesters loses even more brain cells and wanders into the road.
Seriously, how many times have wee seen protesters go into the streets? Literally think of any of the Black Lives Matter protests that have seen these protesters completely swarm a car and that driver was unable to do anything to stop it. Once this bill gets enough support, it SHOULD spread to incorporate any protest like this.
Why are people who are driving supposed to have their lives ruined because a moron decided to protest and jump in the street onto incoming traffic? This bill is just going to make sure that protesters don’t get away with causing mayhem for everyone else.
Black Lives Matter and other protesters can complain all they want, but they are putting lives at risk because they want to be a total idiot and jump out into the streets. It’s a long shot, but this might end the constant protesting as well. That would be amazing to hear, considering that the word “protest” makes me sick to my stomach.

As stated earlier, this should start to apply for other groups that want to protest. After all, Black Lives Matter protests all the time and they have gotten officers killed because of their anti-police rhetoric. Finally people had enough and dropped a $550 million lawsuit for the death of police officers caused by their protests.
Honestly how anyone chooses to follow and accept this group is astonishing. They are constantly claiming that whites should pay reparations for slavery, despite the fact that slavery hasn’t existed for 150 years. Of course they call for whites to support the movement, and have started a system based on the donors participation. It’s just another way to get money from white people.
Share this article to show that protesters are going to have to stop randomly going into the streets. A new bill is going to stop giving drivers responsibility for hitting people stupid enough to go into the streets without warning. It’s only a matter of time before this spreads to incorporate all protests.

https://conservativedailypost.com/j...mpaign=22_November&utm_medium=Aweber

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
“A driver of a motor vehicle who unintentionally causes injury or death to an individual obstructing vehicular traffic on a public road, street, or highway is not guilty of an offense.”

Maybe you should look up some of the words in the law before claiming it's "legal" to run over them.

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I wouldn't want to be the first driver to test it in court.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Protester or not, if you are standing in the middle of a 4-6 lane highway and if you get hit it's your fault. All of them are barred to pedestrian traffic. No different than accidentally hitting a deer you could not avoid.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by Snyper
“A driver of a motor vehicle who unintentionally causes injury or death to an individual obstructing vehicular traffic on a public road, street, or highway is not guilty of an offense.”

Maybe you should look up some of the words in the law before claiming it's "legal" to run over them.

I would take my chances in a jury trial of my peers.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

My cousin hit a kid on a bicycle who came out from between some cars. Fortunately for everyone he was going about twenty miles per hour. The parents got a ticket. My cousin went on his way. The roads are for cars and trucks, not people.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Making clear the idea is about the right to LAWFULLY assemble this law making it clear such protests are not lawful should make it obvious there are responsibilities and repurcussions.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

My cousin hit a kid on a bicycle who came out from between some cars. Fortunately for everyone he was going about twenty miles per hour. The parents got a ticket. My cousin went on his way. The roads are for cars and trucks, not people.

My buddy in high school killed a first grade girl that ran out in front of him. Cop was behind him (had just given him a ticket for something I can't remember) and witnessed it. No citation.

Not sure this law is necessary, but might help with keeping the civil suits at bay.

Carpe' Scrotum
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
BS!

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My headlight lens are kinda 'clouded over', they're 17 years old........

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If a protestor is holding me up on a public street against my will, isn't that kidnapping? The least they should get is run over. Maybe 30 years in the slammer would work better?

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well ...in the case of BLM at least it might help with the cost of blacktopping the road. Might be more accurate to call it ass-fault.

(Play stupid games, win stupid prizes)

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by kwg020
If a protestor is holding me up on a public street against my will, isn't that kidnapping? The least they should get is run over. Maybe 30 years in the slammer would work better?
kwg

Yeah, tell the judge that and I'm sure he will let you go.
He might even give you a medal.

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
every one of us has always had the option to protect ourselves from aggression.

Sam......

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

235 members (10gaugemag, 257_X_50, 10ring1, 1_deuce, 12savage, 2ndwind, 31 invisible), 2,230 guests, and 1,210 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,502
Posts18,490,499
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.