Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Color me impressed. Shoots flat as schit. Accurate. Used it in a Winchester lever thingy on rabbits this weekend and it kills them very dead.

Hornady continues to grab it by the pussy.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
I tried these in my 94 .22 mag.. very accurate.. Don't shoot a .22 mag pistol much.. But I will probably lay in a supply of the 30 gr. for the 94 as CCI is not available right now...

Molon Labe
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
WCH,

That's what I was using this weekend. Crazy accurate little rifle. And man do those rounds put a hurt on rabbits.

Dave

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
Deflave,that is good to know.. I only shot a few of them at target to see how they grouped.. They did excellent, the only thing I had it shot in with 40 gr. and of course the group was not centered, but easily done.. Thanks for the info, I want to lay in a supply for this rifle.. Looks like these will do.. Good shooting..

Molon Labe
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
They have been the most accurate round in both my .22 WMR's

IC B2

C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Word...
[Linked Image]

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
My RAR shoots just about any .22 Magnum ammo pretty well, but the 30 V-Max is probably the most accurate load.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
MD,

My buddy picked one of those up for about $150 during the Win mag shortage.

Holy schit that thing is a hammer in the gopher fields. I've not seen him use this Hornady stuff in it but I've zero doubt it would do well.

Travis

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by deflave
Color me impressed. Shoots flat as schit. Accurate. Used it in a Winchester lever thingy on rabbits this weekend and it kills them very dead.

Hornady continues to grab it by the pussy.

You must be about the last mofo here that has tried these. They have been out forever and do work great..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Certifiable
Word...
[Linked Image]

I like that. Great picture.

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
IC B3

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
My RAR shoots just about any .22 Magnum ammo pretty well, but the 30 V-Max is probably the most accurate load.

Ditto that...

BSA MAGA
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

You must be about the last mofo here that has tried these. They have been out forever and do work great..

I'm probably the last mofo to try the .22 Mag.

But I can still outshoot you. All day, every day.

Clark

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Hornady 30 gr V-Max is the most accurate round I have fired in both my 22 mag's, Browning T-Bolt and Model 94-22 Mag

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
Travis,

I have a couple of bricks picked up during the "shortage," found on Internet sites. Believe they ran around $115, including shipping.

This RAR is the most consistently accurate .22 Magnum rifle I've ever owned. Might be an Anschutz would shoot as many brands of ammo well, but a buddy's didn't. Got it on sale at Capital Sports for $169, as I recall.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Some people turned away from 22mag during the shortage. Now returing or for the first time are see the excellent performance from Vmax 22mag. The polymer tip bullets, proven in 17 hrm do the same too increase range and accuracy in 22mag.

Obviously the 17 is a little flatter shooting and the 22 handles more varied heavier loads.

I have 3 rifles in 22mag. Ruger American, CZ varmint and Anschutz mannlicher. All three rifles would put 5 shots in a 1 inch group at 100 yards on a calm day. The CZ is the most accurate of my current three.

The 22mag does very well with 40 grain maxi mag as a general hunting load. The Vmax is very flat and the only load to deliver 1moa in all three gun. The CZ will approach 1/2 moa with 40 grain.

Hornady also loads 45 grain critical defense with a heavy bullet and faster powder for handguns. I dont have any way to verify velocity. The reviews are good. Compares favorably to a 380.

http://www.policemag.com/channel/we...ngs-critical-defense-ammo-in-22-wmr.aspx

The 22mag has a lot of versatility in addition to new generation flat shooting Vmax. You can still get FMJ loads and shot loads.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

I'm probably the last mofo to try the .22 Mag.

But I can still outshoot you. All day, every day.

Clark

Uh oh do I see triple dog dare coming soon??

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
That's the ONLY load my CZ455 .22wmr barrel shoots worth a damn. It barely does "okay" with 40gr. loads, but that Hornady load shines.

It still can't hang, accuracy-wise, with that old 2002 Marlin 17V HMR, though. Not a snowball's chance.

I'm gonna retire that barrel and just use my .22 Hornet.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Travis,

I have a couple of bricks picked up during the "shortage," found on Internet sites. Believe they ran around $115, including shipping.

This RAR is the most consistently accurate .22 Magnum rifle I've ever owned. Might be an Anschutz would shoot as many brands of ammo well, but a buddy's didn't. Got it on sale at Capital Sports for $169, as I recall.

That's what my buddy shoots. During the shortage I think he picked it up for $130.

Good buy...

Travis

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Originally Posted by ratsmacker
That's the ONLY load my CZ455 .22wmr barrel shoots worth a damn. It barely does "okay" with 40gr. loads, but that Hornady load shines.

It still can't hang, accuracy-wise, with that old 2002 Marlin 17V HMR, though. Not a snowball's chance.

I'm gonna retire that barrel and just use my .22 Hornet.

I am not impressed with the 455. Although it maybe handy to swap out a bad barrel. I spend a lot of time on rim fire central. I have seen a dramatic drop of in the unbelievable claims in accuracy for right out of the box CZ452. Since that 455 replaced the discontinued 452, that is. There are some amazing custom 455 rebuilds. Those can run over a grand, all in.

I wanted a Hornet for a long time, but been doing very well with 22mag and 223. Those two are hard to beat for variety of loads to choose from.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Is this ammunition produced by Hornady, or another brand with the 30 grain V Max bullet?

With the 22 Mag ammunition shortage there's not a lot of variety, but I've never seen Hornady ammo in 22 Mag, I have however seen Winchester 22 Mag ammo utlilizing the 30 grain V Max, that's why I ask.

Garry
Trump won !!!
Trying to live like a free man in the Communist Republic of New Jersey.
Love your country, distrust your government.
Democrats and the people who vote for them, enemies of America and a free American people
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

646 members (10gaugeman, 160user, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 10ring1, 007FJ, 76 invisible), 2,691 guests, and 1,318 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,477
Posts18,471,652
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.