Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Certainly never took it that way Jeff. When there was newer and better I used it. Real point was I used a Gore-Tex jacket as a dual purpose and Gore-Tex pants pretty much just when it was raining.

Second point was that I always carried a small tarp shoved in my freighter frame as a safety and convenience back-up.

It was really just a comparison of then vs. what guys like Tanner use now. I think the concepts have remained pretty much the same, but there is better (and ultimately safer) gear to use based on advanced technology.

Cheers!

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Tanner
Hell, you are a spring chicken compared to some guys that I have gotten Rams with. Your guide will appreciate you being in good shape more than you could imagine!

Tanner

What's the oldest age group you've gotten rams with?

This is something I've always wanted to do, but I'm 46, still in good shape, but I realize my time to get a ram is fleeting fast.

24HCF in its entirety, is solely responsible for why my children do not have college funds, my mortgage isn't paid-off and why I will never retire early enough to enjoy the remainder of my life.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by StudDuck

I hunted with Tanner's cohort Andrew in '15. I was 58 then, and not the oldest of the three hunters they had on the mountain for opening day.

I used a Westcomb (event) jacket, Marmot Precip pants, and OR Crocs.

The dang pants didn't work worth squat, all I did was slide down a gravel chute on my butt at 1:00 AM with a loaded pack and they sprung a leak I had to patch.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by StudDuck

I hunted with Tanner's cohort Andrew in '15. I was 58 then, and not the oldest of the three hunters they had on the mountain for opening day.

I used a Westcomb (event) jacket, Marmot Precip pants, and OR Crocs.

The dang pants didn't work worth squat, all I did was slide down a gravel chute on my butt at 1:00 AM with a loaded pack and they sprung a leak I had to patch.

There's hope for me yet.

24HCF in its entirety, is solely responsible for why my children do not have college funds, my mortgage isn't paid-off and why I will never retire early enough to enjoy the remainder of my life.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
A good guide makes all the difference. Good ones can even make you feel like you're not slowing them down.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
Originally Posted by Woodhits
Yep, I'll be the client so I will be able to share the load with the guide. May also have a photographer with me and he's a fit little bastard so I'll be shoving as much of my gear in his pack as I can when he's not looking.

In all seriousness, I never like to approach hunts as "the client", I always want to pull my weight. I'll be 40 this Summer and I train pretty hard for this stuff.

That's a great attitude

Hope you score a really nice one

Thanks for coming to our state to hunt

It's beautiful here hope you savor every moment

Much appreciated, I can't wait to see it for myself.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by smokepole
A good guide makes all the difference. Good ones can even make you feel like you're not slowing them down.

That's funny $hit right there!

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Yep, trying to keep up with a sheep guide in the mountains is Friggin" hilarious.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

538 members (16gage, 06hunter59, 1OntarioJim, 007FJ, 1Longbow, 1moredeer, 48 invisible), 2,265 guests, and 1,220 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,398
Posts18,470,065
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.