Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rost495
Gotta read to see a picture of a buff with a circle and line through it? LOL

That must mean "Kill 'em All?"

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
GB1

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Isn't there a bi-lingual law for the villages?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Absolutely nothing will happen to this guy. Misdemeanors under SB91 are citations. As I said, nothing will happen to this guy. He's a criminal, frequent flyer, scum. He is already out.

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

Better living through chemistry!
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Kill none. But you are still likely right in that joke.

I'd bet alcohol was involved...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
W
wwy Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Originally Posted by gunner500
Also, man, reintroducing, trying to force mans will against natures will is a chit load of wasted monies and time.

Without reintroductions and population augmentation a huge portion of big game populations would be extinct in North America and beyond. In many cases "man's will" is a causative factor in population declines; necessitating management.

IC B2

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by wwy
Also, man, reintroducing, trying to force mans will against natures will is a chit load of wasted monies and time.

Without reintroductions and population augmentation a huge portion of big game populations would be extinct in North America and beyond. In many cases "man's will" is a causative factor in population declines; necessitating management.

I understand what you're saying, but, one day, man too will be puked out into non-existence by mother nature the way hundreds of species cease to exist daily.

Mans overreach and pure greed has messed up about as much as he's fixed, if you'll allow yourself a full 360 degrees of sight.

Trump Won!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by wwy

I understand what you're saying, but, one day, man too will be puked out into non-existence by mother nature the way hundreds of species cease to exist daily.

Mans overreach and pure greed has messed up about as much as he's fixed, if you'll allow yourself a full 360 degrees of sight.

That assessment had to come from the bottom of a big bottle...

The bison that were killed off in about 1900 had nothing to do with over reach or greed. They were simply forced to the margins and killed off. With a little help they may return to huntable numbers.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C

Gunner,
There ain't nothing in in the area where the Woodies were released. Maybe a few wolves , and moose, couple bears. Lotsa beavers.
Woodies are sure a big step in the right direction, IMO.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
(sic) It was a research project designed to see where the animals might prosper. It was the singular animal that might have produced an additional herd...

Apparently, near villages is not a location where they will prosper.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
The fact of naming a [test/rescue/placement] animal is by very definition rooted on feel good liberal policy.

True. Thank goodness I only name the yard moose and those in my annually frequented hunting area. more memories in kill and eat one I knew than a perfect stranger

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
(sic) It was a research project designed to see where the animals might prosper. It was the singular animal that might have produced an additional herd...

Apparently, near villages is not a location where they will prosper.

124 moved way South of the anticipated range and went through a lot of different country.

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Being part of a research project of sorts at this point, the individuals need some way to be ID'd.

Better than being called 'Princess' or something, IMO.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ironbender
Being part of a research project of sorts at this point, the individuals need some way to be ID'd.

Yeah, I see your point 124 is just too sexy!

Isn't it time for a WTF?

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Are the Bison native to Alaska?

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jwp475

They were and were killed off about 1900. When they started the project there were people alive with personal memories of them. I see no downside to the reintroduction especially since the ESA does not apply.

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by ironbender

Yeah, I see your point 124 is just too sexy!
Isn't it time for a WTF?

Yes, Princess. It is time.
WTF?
GFY.

Last edited by ironbender; 02/04/17.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by jwp475

They were and were killed off about 1900. When they started the project there were people alive with personal memories of them. I see no downside to the reintroduction especially since the ESA does not apply.

Thanks, I wasn't sure if they were native or not.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
And backatcha!

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Lotsa good hunting today due to smart re-intro projects many years ago. Of course, some boondoggles ...

This dumass should have eaten the critter.

I do not entertain hypotheticals. The world itself is vexing enough. -- Col. Stonehill
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Talus_in_Arizona
Lotsa good hunting today due to smart re-intro projects many years ago. Of course, some boondoggles ...

This dumass should have eaten the critter.

Yeah, probably, but the real disrespect made it a real secondary consideration IMO... just a total dirtbag doing what dirtbags do...

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

71 members (14idaho, 907brass, 44automag, 10gaugemag, 308xray, 12 invisible), 1,488 guests, and 819 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,723
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.