Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
300MAG Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Anyone using a Trigger Tech trigger......if so, please share your thoughts & opinions. How do they compare to a Jewell or Timney trigger??

Thanks for info!!

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've got a couple of them. They're not a Jewell, but for a guy wanting a 1.5-3 lbs trigger, they're awesome. I much prefer them to Timney, and would probably even say they're a bit better than Shilen. The trigger shoe isn't as wide as the standard Timney shoe, and the break is clean and crisp. Very easy to adjust without removing the barreled-action from the stock.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
I've got a couple of them. They're not a Jewell, but for a guy wanting a 1.5-3 lbs trigger, they're awesome. I much prefer them to Timney, and would probably even say they're a bit better than Shilen. The trigger shoe isn't as wide as the standard Timney shoe, and the break is clean and crisp. Very easy to adjust without removing the barreled-action from the stock.

Thanks for that review. I think the design is quite interesting.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
It seems like one of the best if used in really dusty situations. The roller just rides over the grit with little change in feel. For a pull weight over 2.5 lbs I would pick it over a Jewell. Less than 2 then the Jewell.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Trigger Tech now has two models. One is a standard replacement hunting trigger to replace the Remington 700. Trigger Tech will adjust from 1.5# to 4# and second another model that goes below 1.5#. They use a roller between the trigger and sear. No two pieces of metal scraping directly between the trigger and sear. Here is a link to their web site: https://triggertech.com/collections/bolt-action/products/rem-700-primary-trigger

I got turned on to the Trigger Tech triggers about 6 months ago when one of the top Remington 700 action clone manufacturer said one of their larger buyers for their custom actions had gone to the Trigger Tech triggers. The story goes that the Canadian Army sniper units have gone to the trigger for their sniper rifles. One of their sniper instructors had opened up a Trigger Tech trigger, filled it with sand and put it back together with sand still in it. The rifle would still function not at 2# but now at 4# without any other problems. The Trigger Tech trigger is a one piece unit, either with a safety or without a safety lever - your choice.

Brownell's list the trigger on line, without the safety lever. Directly from Trigger Tech you can get a one piece unit with trigger and safety as a complete drop in!!! Really nice!!!! I called one of the gunsmiths at Brownell's and he said he did not know a lot about the Trigger Tech trigger. I asked him how Trigger Tech triggers Brownell's had sold? After a few minutes, he came back on the line and said, "My gosh, we have sold over 750 units in the last 6 months and not one return! Guess I had better get a unit and look at it closer."

I have four of them now. They are not a Jewell, but are better than a Timney or Shilen. But for a hunting trigger in wet or dusty conditions they are the "cat's meow"!! What I like about them is they are all one piece, drop it in and no fiddling with a Remington 700 sear that requires 3 hands to replace. Adjustment is from the outside the trigger guard with a small hex head wrench. The adjustment is a click adjustment (like the click adjustment for windage and elevation on upper end scopes) that equates about to one pound per click. I check with a Lyman Digital trigger guage and one click does equate to about an ounce. Lots better than turning a screw, check, adjust, check, adjust, etc. Really well designed and about half of a Jewell.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I bought five of them a while back, but none have been put through the paces yet till the weather lets me get to my spots.

I called a buddy that has had one since they first came out, and has had zero issues, so his & others reviews convinced me to make the order.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Texasdude29
Trigger Tech now has two models. One is a standard replacement hunting trigger to replace the Remington 700. Trigger Tech will adjust from 1.5# to 4# and second another model that goes below 1.5#. They use a roller between the trigger and sear. No two pieces of metal scraping directly between the trigger and sear. Here is a link to their web site: https://triggertech.com/collections/bolt-action/products/rem-700-primary-trigger

I got turned on to the Trigger Tech triggers about 6 months ago when one of the top Remington 700 action clone manufacturer said one of their larger buyers for their custom actions had gone to the Trigger Tech triggers. The story goes that the Canadian Army sniper units have gone to the trigger for their sniper rifles. One of their sniper instructors had opened up a Trigger Tech trigger, filled it with sand and put it back together with sand still in it. The rifle would still function not at 2# but now at 4# without any other problems. The Trigger Tech trigger is a one piece unit, either with a safety or without a safety lever - your choice.

Brownell's list the trigger on line, without the safety lever. Directly from Trigger Tech you can get a one piece unit with trigger and safety as a complete drop in!!! Really nice!!!! I called one of the gunsmiths at Brownell's and he said he did not know a lot about the Trigger Tech trigger. I asked him how Trigger Tech triggers Brownell's had sold? After a few minutes, he came back on the line and said, "My gosh, we have sold over 750 units in the last 6 months and not one return! Guess I had better get a unit and look at it closer."

I have four of them now. They are not a Jewell, but are better than a Timney or Shilen. But for a hunting trigger in wet or dusty conditions they are the "cat's meow"!! What I like about them is they are all one piece, drop it in and no fiddling with a Remington 700 sear that requires 3 hands to replace. Adjustment is from the outside the trigger guard with a small hex head wrench. The adjustment is a click adjustment (like the click adjustment for windage and elevation on upper end scopes) that equates about to one pound per click. I check with a Lyman Digital trigger guage and one click does equate to about an ounce. Lots better than turning a screw, check, adjust, check, adjust, etc. Really well designed and about half of a Jewell.

I like the way you can open them up for cleaning

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Don't have one yet but I will soon. When I discussed my last build with Nate @ Hill Billy Customs he spoke highly of them and told me to try one out. Figure if he likes them then they should be good to go!

"Rather hunt Mule deer than anything else"
"Team 7MM-08"
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

I like the way you can install them and everything fits and works like it is suppose to, and I didn't feel like I needed an extra set of hands to keep the parts in place during the install.

With the pull weight on 2 lbs. I dropped it cocked onto the recoil pad from about 3' high several times and it held safely, slammed the bolt hard a few times.

My final set is for 2 1/4 lbs. and it feels perfect, and seems to break more consistently in the same place on the pull gauge than my Timneys.

I will use these for all future M700 trigger replacements.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Thanks Texasdude for posting. I didn't realize they have the left hand model out now. I asked about LH triggers sometime last year and Emailed a request. Apparently they listened.

There will be more of these on my LH rifles now.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli
IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by StrayDog
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

I like the way you can install them and everything fits and works like it is suppose to, and I didn't feel like I needed an extra set of hands to keep the parts in place during the install..
?

You never heard of 'slave pins'??

I'm doing a custom build right now where the customer's wanted a Trigger Tech. The box just arrived Saturday and should be on the finished rifle by Wednesday.. It's the first one I've been asked to provide and install and I'm looking forward to it..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Redneck,
You don't need slave pins with the TriggerTec. You can get them with a safety lever already installed. Just drop in and knock the pins in place!! It is one complete package and you are going to ask, "Why didn't I think of this?" No more sears or springs popping and going across the room. Sooooo eazzzzzy!!!

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Texasdude29
Redneck,
You don't need slave pins with the TriggerTec. You can get them with a safety lever already installed. Just drop in and knock the pins in place!! It is one complete package and you are going to ask, "Why didn't I think of this?" No more sears or springs popping and going across the room. Sooooo eazzzzzy!!!
I know that..

It's the original Rem trigger than needs the slaves...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Redneck

Not really, and even if I knew what they were, I'm pretty sure I don't have any.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by StrayDog
Originally Posted by Redneck

Not really, and even if I knew what they were, I'm pretty sure I don't have any.
LMAO...

Slave pins are (in this case) two pins that are the same diameter as the originals but only long enough to span the exact width of the trigger body.

Install the slaves to keep the sear and its spring in it's proper position. Then place the body in the receiver, using the original pins to drive the slaves through to the opposite side for retrieval..

Saves the use of several 4-letter words, IYGMD...

I have a small box with about two dozen various slave pins that are needed for a few firearms..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I'm hearing the New Bix'n Andy TacSport two stage is in a league of its own. https://bulletcentral.com/product/bixn-andy-tacsport-rem700-two-stage-trigger-sporting-rifles/

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Timney Calvin

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I bought their AR Adaptable and so far I'm very pleased.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Originally Posted by ctsmith
I'm hearing the New Bix'n Andy TacSport two stage is in a league of its own. https://bulletcentral.com/product/bixn-andy-tacsport-rem700-two-stage-trigger-sporting-rifles/

I'd like to try a single stage Tacsport !

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I'm on my second one. Neither will adjust below 2.5 lbs without allowing the striker to follow when the bolt is closed vigorously. Nothing unrealistic, just good firm bolt manipulation. I'm not impressed and have gone back to buying Timneys.

RLTW
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

562 members (02bfishn, 160user, 10gaugeman, 16gage, 1234, 007FJ, 56 invisible), 2,493 guests, and 1,269 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,430
Posts18,470,780
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.