-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Mr Robinson puts it much better than I can.
<br>7mm
<br>
<br>
<br>By Lee Robinson
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>As a member of the National Rifle Association, I receive from them on a regular and frequent basis various offers, special reports and questionnaires. The basic message in all of this is to send more money. I am told over and over again about the sleazy politicians who are trying to eliminate my various Human rights, specifically the right to arm and defend myself, and how urgent and expensive is the need to lobby against these treasonous swine. The questionnaires always profess great respect for my opinions and state how important it is for the N.R.A. to form itself in an image most agreeable to its members. Then they ask for more money to continue the political battle. Unfortunately, and probably deliberately, the phrasing and thrust of these questions never seems to allow an answer that would really change what the N.R.A. has become, another cog in the political machine that is running and ruining America. So I would like to take this opportunity to clearly state my advice to the National Rifle Association.
<br>
<br>GET OUT OF POLITICS!!!
<br>
<br>To attempt to solve the problems of bad government by immersing oneself in the degenerative process that creates bad government is like trying to save one's marriage by moving into a whorehouse. By this I certainly don't mean that N.R.A. members should not participate in the civic process. The voting power of 4,000,000 citizens has had a noticeable effect in the past, which is how Democracy is supposed to work. But so long as the political machine decides who we can vote for and how they will perform once they are in office, that noticeable effect will not translate into a noticeable change. For Association members to keep funding a pack of lobbyists who spend their time schmoozing with politicians is self defeating. It perpetuates the insidious process of back room deals and quid pro quo bargains in which our rights and freedoms are the currency changing hands.
<br>
<br>The people who choose to do this kind of work enjoy the prestige of cuddling up to the powerful. The working conditions aren't bad either; restaurants, fancy bars, cozy offices. It's always warm in the winter and cool in the summer and it is always covered by an expense account. If the cause they claim to be fighting for was won, this would all be lost. The incentive is to compromise, to equivocate, to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory so that it can all go pleasantly on forever. The process is corrupt and corrupting and one cannot be a player for any length of time without also becoming another piece in the infernal game.
<br>
<br>A textbook example of this phenomenon, one very relevant to our subject, is Senator McCain. As a prisoner of war his courage and strength enabled him to resist overwhelming efforts to betray his country. But his years in politics have done what his years in prison could not. Now he is reduced to allying himself with one of the greasiest weasels to inhabit Washington since Roy Cohn was slithering along the corridors of power. Together they would create laws that bring our country closer in essence to the one McCain once fought against. In Viet Nam we often didn't know who the enemy was, but in Washington you don't know who the enemy is or who your friends are either. It is not the place to seek justice or respect for personal Liberty.
<br>
<br>I am by no means certain that anything will really be allowed to change, but if it can be done at all at this point it must be done through the courts. The N.R.A. should be bringing a massive civil rights lawsuit against all government agencies, individual politicians and any other bureaucratic lackeys who have infringed upon our legal rights, undermined our Constitutional government and violated their oaths of office. Simultaneously, we should be attacking the political machine itself - and what could be more appropriate than using that body of law designed to protect us from Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations? R.I.C.O. lawsuits aimed at the hierarchy of the machine, the Republican and Democratic National Committees, brought by a competent legal force, would do more to cleanse our government than all the lobbyists since the Constitutional Convention. That is a plan of action that I will support financially. I'm not handing over any more money to lobbyists.
<br>
<br>Of course, it can be argued that the courts are really nothing but another apparatus within the political machine and it would not be wise to put the fate of our freedom in such hands. The Supreme Court has ruled at one time or another in favor of keeping Human Beings as slaves, in favor of putting certain citizens in concentration camps, that the killing of Human embryos is not only legally acceptable but a right, in favor of forced sterilization and several times in favor of racial segregation. They are essentially a pack of politically connected lawyers who embody all the well known qualities of both politicians and lawyers, otherwise they wouldn't be there.
<br>
<br>But I say let's get it over with. We are wasting our time with legislators because all of the law we need was written 200 years ago. It is called The Constitution and ultimately it is up to us to enforce it. And if the courts prove to be the final agents of the great double cross? Well, that's why we have a Second Amendment in the first place.
<br>
<br>Lee Robinson lives on a farm in Tennessee where he raises exotic poultry. He enjoys target shooting and making life difficult for tyrants.
<br>

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I found this too. It's titled "An Open Letter to Gun Rights Activist".
<br>7mm
<br>
<br>By Barry Laws
<br>
<br>When are we all going to wake up? Seriously, when are we going to stop being our politicians puppets?
<br>
<br>Obviously our huge effort to keep .50 caliber rifles in our hands didn't mean squat last year. No lasting effect. The grabbers just bide their time, then reintroduce, reform, rebuild, rewrite every piece of garbage time and time again until they beat us into submission.
<br>
<br>And our so called "gun rights" groups collect our dues year after year and lose ground year after year. They all tell us what a great job they are doing. How many laws they've defeated. Any other organization worth their salt would have fired all these useless leaders and their lobbyists long ago for losing time and time again, but they smile, go to gun shows, preach to the choir, ask for money 4x a month... and LOSE.
<br>
<br>Have they ever gained any ground? No, they just slow the advances. The grabbers are winning, don't kid yourselves. You know why?
<br>
<br>Because of our gun rights "leaders" are afraid to open their mouths for fear of sounding radical. Afraid to do what they should be doing, rallying Americans to revolt against these unconstitutional laws. These "leaders" are all too busy playing "politician", and crying how "sensitive" these issues are. So sensitive that we can't risk pissing anyone off! These "leaders" are playing games with our money and our freedoms. They actually love to play, cause as long as they are in the game, the money keeps flowing.
<br>
<br>Do you realize if the NRA-ILA pushed for an interpretation of the Second Amendment and we won, the NRA-ILA would be out of a job? Think about that. And if they lost - they'd be out of a job. Either way its a losing position for them.... power and money down the drain... so they just try to keep the status quo. And it works well for them. Rock the boat just enough, but not too much. It's insidious.
<br>
<br>The Second Amendment isn't brain surgery. Bring on the lawsuits. Bring on your best thinkers. Solve this damn issue once an for all! This limbo is a direct assault on the very essence of being American. An assault on our Constitution. We either have a Second Amendment, or we don't. Period. But we all believe in the crap we are fed by our "leaders" that we aren't "ready" for a decision. Bull [bleep]. Bring it on.
<br>
<br>I admire the few voices out there who tell it like it is... "I'm not taking this crap anymore! Enough is enough. I will absolutely not put up with any new laws infringing on my rights, and I want every unconstitution law overturned - now".
<br>
<br>Until we say the above with conviction, with one voice, we are doomed. Unless you are personally willing to act on the above, you might as well stand in line and turn all your guns in now.... cause it's only a matter of time.
<br>
<br>I admire the Million Mom March, and the Brady bunch et al. They get out in public and tell their story. They have passion. They've got more guts than any gun group I've seen. They have media appeal. What do we have? A bunch of introverts who are afraid to speak their mind in public. A bunch of middle aged white guys who don't relate to our changing demographics.
<br>
<br>And all of you.... You all talk a big game in the "gun meetings", boy I've seen you all really preach to the choir, but when it comes to action you have no resolve. You have no guts. 99.9% of you would cringe in fear if you were asked to say to your politicians "Pass any law you want, I'm not going to obey it! Enough is enough." You live in fear of your own country... you've forgotten what it is to be an American. You sit in your lazy boy chair and expect our boys to put their lives on the line overseas for your freedoms but you don't have the guts to open your own mouth in your own country.
<br>
<br>I personally have had it with all of you slackers out there. You know who you are. Just about every one of you reading this. You are so busy being safe you can't get your head out of the sand to see what's happening to our freedoms. You all get what's coming to you.
<br>
<br>As far as the fighters who put themselves on the line, who tell it like it is, you know who you are. I respect you. You are true Americans.
<br>
<br>The rest of you get on board or go hide. It's gonna get ugly.
<br>

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Whenever any government becomes destructive to those ends (i.e., the defense of life, liberty and the free persuit of happiness), it is the Right of the People to alter or abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness.
<br>
<br>Declaration of Independance.
<br>
<br>
<br>Just restore the Constitution, and we will have achieved this end. If followed, it is the greatest framework for national government ever devised by man.
<br>

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

504 members (22250rem, 1badf350, 10gaugeman, 1Longbow, 1234, 1lessdog, 59 invisible), 2,244 guests, and 1,211 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,368
Posts18,506,502
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.