Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by BMT
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Pen flares.

People do hysterical stuff when shot with one.

1911 for backup.

Somehow I think you are speaking from experience

Ya caught me. laugh

[Linked Image]

Gyrojets rock....

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

GB1

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Fubarski
Originally Posted by kellory
Ol' buggory is such a badass, havin learned the deadly skills of the streets, that the first thing he does is throw a knife to the other guy, just to make it even.

I've been throwing pointy things since I was a child. It is a long time skill. I shoot a bow instinctively, and I hunt small game with a slingshot. It doesn't make me a bad-ass, it makes me a survivor.
I took a class last weekend, on civilian response to an active shooter. The emphasis was on unarmed. They were suprised by an improvised weapon choice, and were unaware of a flaw in a technique for preventing a door from opening. (It can be defeated with a paperclip in a couple of seconds). That is still not bad-ass, that is knowledge of the hardware involved.
if your only defense involves a gun, without a gun you're just a Target.
a friend of mine was in a store when it got robbed not long ago. he has had a CCW for many years but also Had Court business later that day. He never felt more naked, than when the only weapon he could come up with was a can of vegetables. He made some good choices, and mistakes where he failed to think it through.
A CCW is new to me, but stacking the deck in legal ways, is not. once I can post some personal pics, I'll post a few I came up with for my mother. she was working on a college campus that would not allow weapons. I had word-of-mouth orders to fill for almost 2 years on one item. (Hand made)

Is this guy Gecko45, or what?

Does he have a single shot 300WM to provide cover fire?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Did you ever get inflicted with GunKid? Willing and planning to kill everyone he meets, with a silenced, .22, a barkless Chihuahua, and a Tactical wheel barrel?

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Kahr P9

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Glock 36.

IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by coyotewacker

Michigan law on carrying a knife.....

"MCL § 750.226

§ 750.226. Firearm or dangerous weapon; carrying with unlawful intent. Sec. 226.

Carrying firearm or dangerous weapon with unlawful intent-Any person who, with intent to use the same unlawfully against the person of another, goes armed with a pistol or other firearm or dagger, dirk, razor, stiletto, or knife having a blade over 3 inches in length, or any other dangerous or deadly weapon or instrument, shall be guilty of a felony, punishable by imprisonment in the state prison for not more than 5 years or by a fine of not more than 2,500 dollars."

So, if yer lawful in intent, yer good..

In the field hunting is about the only time.....have a knife with a 3" or longer blade in your vehicle cannot be accessible....

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by WayneShaw
Glock 36.
With modern 9mm loadings, I don't see the need for a .45 in a concealed carry handgun.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by kellory
Ol' buggory is such a badass, havin learned the deadly skills of the streets, that the first thing he does is throw a knife to the other guy, just to make it even.

I've been throwing pointy things since I was a child. It is a long time skill. I shoot a bow instinctively, and I hunt small game with a slingshot. It doesn't make me a bad-ass, it makes me a survivor.
I took a class last weekend, on civilian response to an active shooter. The emphasis was on unarmed. They were suprised by an improvised weapon choice, and were unaware of a flaw in a technique for preventing a door from opening. (It can be defeated with a paperclip in a couple of seconds). That is still not bad-ass, that is knowledge of the hardware involved.
if your only defense involves a gun, without a gun you're just a Target.
a friend of mine was in a store when it got robbed not long ago. he has had a CCW for many years but also Had Court business later that day. He never felt more naked, than when the only weapon he could come up with was a can of vegetables. He made some good choices, and mistakes where he failed to think it through.
A CCW is new to me, but stacking the deck in legal ways, is not. once I can post some personal pics, I'll post a few I came up with for my mother. she was working on a college campus that would not allow weapons. I had word-of-mouth orders to fill for almost 2 years on one item. (Hand made)

Is this guy Gecko45, or what?

What I'm talking about is step one in this video. https://youtu.be/6n7Qz4M0BrE
If I can get enough slack to gain even 1/4" of air space, I can release that knob from the far side.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I live in a Seattle suburb with extremely low crime rate. 380 is good enough.

5 miles away are Seattle neighborhoods with extremely high crime rates. 380 in my left hand and 45acp in my right hand.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Redneck

Michigan law on carrying a knife.....

"MCL § 750.226

§ 750.226. Firearm or dangerous weapon; carrying with unlawful intent. Sec. 226.

Carrying firearm or dangerous weapon with unlawful intent-Any person who, with intent to use the same unlawfully against the person of another, goes armed with a pistol or other firearm or dagger, dirk, razor, stiletto, or knife having a blade over 3 inches in length, or any other dangerous or deadly weapon or instrument, shall be guilty of a felony, punishable by imprisonment in the state prison for not more than 5 years or by a fine of not more than 2,500 dollars."

So, if yer lawful in intent, yer good..

In the field hunting is about the only time.....have a knife with a 3" or longer blade in your vehicle cannot be accessible....

What's the law on hatchets, hammers, or baseball bats??

Even birds know not to land downwind!
IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by kingston
[Linked Image]

Looks as if you were a LITTLE LATE!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Two reliable pistols you can shoot well.

abusus non tollit usum
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Glock 36.
With modern 9mm loadings, I don't see the need for a .45 in a concealed carry handgun.

You just can't replace that sectional density. And kinetic energy.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What ever you can carry EVERY DAY and its comfortable enough to forget you have it on you. Until you get to that point you will never carry everyday.

For me its my g43 in my hide- it- holster and a extra mag in my pocket.

Last edited by srwshooter; 02/21/17.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Clarkm
I live in a Seattle suburb with extremely low crime rate. 380 is good enough.

5 miles away are Seattle neighborhoods with extremely high crime rates. 380 in my left hand and 45acp in my right hand.
A decision whether to carry or not might reasonably be based on that analysis, but once the decision is made that the likelihood is high enough to justify carrying a handgun, the probability of victimization doesn't seem a reasonable basis for choice of handgun. If it's going to happen, you are no more more or less likely to need a particular type of handgun vs another based on what the probability was that you'd be victimized.

The choice of handgun should be made mostly based on what type of handgun you'd like to have should you need to use it to save your life from an attacker. Secondary factors after that would have to do with comfort and concealability, but those would be fairly distant secondary considerations vs what you'd like to have should you need it, and - once again - the latter seems to me to be entirely unrelated to the probability of victimization.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
[Linked Image]

Looks as if you were a LITTLE LATE!!

That was from the day before.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
WARNING: I Just about stroked-out laughing while watching this video.

[video:youtube]VVn0ZV_GKLo[/video]

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
WARNING: I Just about stroked-out laughing while watching this video.

[video:youtube]VVn0ZV_GKLo[/video]

LMAO!

That fruit definitely has a shillelagh... and a vacuum-sealed pistol in his shower....

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Glock 36.

You just can't replace that sectional density. And kinetic energy.

Wayne, I respectfully disagree. On sectional density, that can be matched to the common .45 ACP loads with common 9x19 loads. The 9 may not quite make the top end .45ACP KE numbers, but they are certainly capable of getting into the same ballpark as most .45ACP loads.

If you are talking momentum, then yes, I agree because there is no replacement for mass in that equation.

That said, the 9x19 covers a lot of bases today, and especially firepower when threats are more likely than ever to be in multiples and damned well armed.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've changed over the years from from 1911 45 to a gun very few people like, carried in a rig most people despise. A 92Fs in a shoulder holster.
It's slow to get out, but is very well hidden. Because it hides so well I'm more likely to be packing
I'm not going to win at quick draw contest, but if I survive to get it and the spare mags I'm going to raise hell with 46 rounds of 9mm. grin

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

158 members (24HourCampFireGuy50, 1beaver_shooter, 300_savage, 14idaho, 16penny, 26 invisible), 1,423 guests, and 1,024 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,864
Posts18,478,650
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.