Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
[/quote]
CZ will handle their issues all the time, and make a very accurate rifle. (great barrels)
Ship back the Kimber and buy a CZ is a viable option. [/quote]

That was not my experience with CZ.

GB1

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Why don't you read the above posts before you open you big mouth and call what I say stupid [bleep] (from behind your keyboard) I didn't make up the phrase Kimber roulette. There is a guy above who had four that wouldn't shoot. There are problems with any manufacturers but not like what the folks on this forum are saying. All you guys that think kimbers are more prone to problems are saying stupid [bleep].........

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MCMXI
Im not saying no other rifles have problems now and then but the kimbers are very high on complaint list.

How many rifles does Kimber make and sell a year, and of those, what percentage are returned because of an issue, and of those returned how many actually have an issue? Unless you know the numbers you're just voicing an opinion rather than stating fact as are most of the posts in this thread. I have five Kimber rifles that all shoot incredibly well and have zero issues.

have never heard of a win 70, savage 110, rem 700, sako, ruger, browning , etc not ejecting or having any problems.

Seriously ... those companies you mentioned have perfect products? I sold two Winchester Extreme Weather rifles last year because the machining was atrocious along with poor to average accuracy in addition to being heavy. Back in 2011 I bought a Savage Weather Warrior that had the front and rear bridges ground in such a way that it was impossible to mount a scope i.e. the bridges weren't in the same plane. Savage wouldn't pay for return shipping despite my paying $850 for a brand new rifle and despite my sending them detailed photographs. In addition, they had the dumbest 7mm-08 Rem twist rate on the planet so I bought a McGowen barrel for it and ended up paying a machine shop to fix the receiver. I'll eventually sell that POS at a significant loss when it's back together because it has the heaviest bolt lift of any rifle I've owned and it's a clunky piece of garbage. A neighbor had the same issue on his Weather Warrior chambered in .30-06 Sprg but because the action was longer he could actually mount a scope without damaging it. Despite my experiences with Winchester and Savage I've yet to make a post on a forum stating that all Winchester or all Savage rifles are garbage or that Savage CS is garbage. Does this one example of a defective extractor mean that all Kimber rifles or Kimber CS is garbage ... only if you can't figure out the cash register at McDonald's.

How many rifles does Kimber sell per year? When they first launched the Hunter in 257 Roberts, I thought I'd found my next gun. Then I started reading and researching. For being a comparatively small manufacturer building a comparatively high priced gun there were comparatively too many legitimate complaints about poor quality and poor customer service for me to be comfortable buying one.

If you were to tell me that my life depended upon the function and accuracy of either a Kimber Hunter or a Ruger American. I'd go with the American 100% of the time. This from someone who has been a vocal critic of Ruger's QC of late. Most learned shooters would too.

Oh, and I'd keep it quiet about paying $850 for a Savage Weather Warrior. You don't want folks getting the wrong impression about you.

Last edited by PaulBarnard; 02/23/17.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
If you were to tell me that my life depended upon the function and accuracy of either a Kimber Hunter or a Ruger American. I'd go with the American 100% of the time. This from someone who has been a vocal critic of Ruger's QC of late. Most learned shooters would too.

It's clear to me that you're not data driven. You make a lot of noise to push your agenda but provide no data, just opinion. Take a few minutes to Google "Ruger American problems" and you'll find endless issues. I have a lot of Ruger products, mostly revolvers, so have a lot of confidence in the company and if I wanted a cheap rifle would consider an American. Unlike you I own multiple Kimber rifles and a couple of pistols. I've only had to deal with Kimber CS on one occasion and have no complaints. Rather than defer to the opinion of someone who doesn't actually have any personal experience with Kimber I'll rely upon my actual real-world experience.

As for the Savage, I was living in Hawaii at the time and that was the going rate for a relatively new and relatively hard to find Weather Warrior ordered and shipped from a US mainland online retailer. Of course you know better and even have an opinion on my purchase ... another experience you can pretend is your own.

Offering FFL 07 & SOT services in NW Montana
[email protected]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

It's clear to me that you're not data driven. You make a lot of noise to push your agenda but provide no data, just opinion. Take a few minutes to Google "Ruger American problems" and you'll find endless issues. I have a lot of Ruger products, mostly revolvers, so have a lot of confidence in the company and if I wanted a cheap rifle would consider an American. Unlike you I own multiple Kimber rifles and a couple of pistols. I've only had to deal with Kimber CS on one occasion and have no complaints. Rather than defer to the opinion of someone who doesn't actually have any personal experience with Kimber I'll rely upon my actual real-world experience.

As for the Savage, I was living in Hawaii at the time and that was the going rate for a relatively new and relatively hard to find Weather Warrior ordered and shipped from a US mainland online retailer. Of course you know better and even have an opinion on my purchase ... another experience you can pretend is your own.

Says the poster who's batting .1000 schilling for Kimber since his (I apologize if I got the "his" wrong) entry into the forum. Ruger probably made more guns last year than Kimber has in all of its existence. If you search the internet you will most assuredly uncover issues with just about everything they make. Ruger needs to step up QC (I have made that my agenda.) Despite having sold tens of millions of guns, it's exceedingly hard to find Ruger customer service complaints. Not so with Kimber.

It's called Kimber Roullette, not only for quality and accuracy but also for their customer service. And for good reason.

Rather than go down the path of too many other Kimber owners, I'll avoid them completely and happily steer as many prospective buyers toward threads like this where real owners have real quality and customer service issues.

IC B2

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
I watched the video too. That rifle still has an extractor issue. It shouldn't matter what kind of brass he's using, the rifle should function 100% regardless. And obviously it is not. He lost at Kimber roulette... Plain and simple.. Oh, by the way RinB, Darcy isn't the only one out there with perfectly functioning rifles. I'd also have to point out that a "perfectly functioning" rifle will function with any fu cking brand of brass you put in it. Hint... whistle

I also watched the video, My old 1974 Rugger 77 did the same thing. It has 43 years of a few thousand rounds through it. I bought a new extractor from Midway, installed it and gun works fine with no tuning. I would get this gun to a dealer if I could an see if they will take it back, just selling it out right is a dis service to the next guy in line. These regular posts about Kimbers have cured me of any interest in them whatsover.... Not directing this at you BSA , just wanted to add to your comment......

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Rather than go down the path of too many other Kimber owners, I'll avoid them completely and happily steer as many prospective buyers toward threads like this where real owners have real quality and customer service issues.

Oh that's right ... a rifle with an extractor that needs tuning ... the horror! And don't forget your eagerness to jump on threads where people are reporting good things and then point them to this thread ... how pathetic! And roulette only has one L.

What's even more pathetic about you is you make comments like this on another forum ..

"My Savage lightweight hunter will out shoot the Kimber and they can be bought for $499."

... and yet you've never shot a Kimber Hunter. You're so desperate to be relevant but you're a hack. I hope you never buy a Kimber rifle because I very much doubt you would do it any justice.

[email protected]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Oh that's right ... a rifle with an extractor that needs tuning ... the horror! And don't forget your eagerness to jump on threads where people are reporting good things and then point them to this thread ... how pathetic! And roulette only has one L.

What's even more pathetic about you is you make comments like this on another forum ..

"My Savage lightweight hunter will out shoot the Kimber and they can be bought for $499."

... and yet you've never shot a Kimber Hunter. You're so desperate to be relevant but you're a hack. I hope you never buy a Kimber rifle because I very much doubt you would do it any justice.

[Linked Image]

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Nice selfie.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
It still amazes me that these [bleep] shows exist. Customer service is King and communication solves problems.

If it came from us, I'll refund your money in full.

If it didn't come from us, I'll give you store credit for our current retail price. You can select anything we have in stock and I'll ship it to your FFL. (+/- to be addressed). I'll send your rifle to Kimber addressing the issue and let them deal with us on replacement. We'll discuss QC and everybody learns from the experience. I'll send them a link to this thread as well.

Everybody involved wins...including Kimber. I'm a big believer in getting to the root of the problem. If this helps them address bottlenecks in QC, we all win.

Keep in mind, I'm a big Kimber fan...

I enjoy handguns and I really like shotguns,...but I love rifles!
IC B3

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by shortactionsmoker
It still amazes me that these [bleep] shows exist. Customer service is King and communication solves problems.

If it didn't come from us, I'll give you store credit for our current retail price. You can select anything we have in stock and I'll ship it to your FFL. (+/- to be addressed). I'll send your rifle to Kimber addressing the issue and let them deal with us on replacement. We'll discuss QC and everybody learns from the experience. I'll send them a link to this thread as well.

Everybody involved wins...including Kimber. I'm a big believer in getting to the root of the problem. If this helps them address bottlenecks in QC, we all win.

Wow!

Very cool offer!

David

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Canazes9

Wow!

Very cool offer!

David

Yep! It's why I'll always shop at Whittaker Guns!

That being said, I had a 280 AI I had to ship back to Kimber and I thought their customer service was great and the rifle came back and it shoots like a champ. One of my favorites for sure! I wouldn't hesitate to buy another Kimber

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
But even if your experience with Kimber was different, I can't see you making it your lifes work to jump on every kimber thread, and whine/threaten like a little bambino.....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by huntsman22
But even if your experience with Kimber was different, I can't see you making it your lifes work to jump on every kimber thread, and whine/threaten like a little bambino.....

Nope. It seems like it's always the same people too

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
missed this one. seems these Kimber threads sure bring out the ankle biters...

Guns don't kill people, drivers with cell phones kill people.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

As someone who has owned and worked extensively with multiples of both rifles (Montana, not Hunter), I absolutely would not.

N
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
N
I didn't start this thread to start bashing Kimber but rather point out they shipped a rifle that simply did not function. And that is unacceptable from any brand. But far more so from Kimber in my book because of what they charge for their products. The Hunter has the same action as their 1800.00 rifles minus more cnc time so can't blame the budget model.

there hasn't been a single person mention how to or reference a link to how to fix this "simple" extractor problem.

The rifle came from a dealer on GB and I wouldn't expect them to deal with the problem after the rifle has been fired. My 84L is very accurate and even more consistently accurate than any of my other rifles. This Hunter won't shoot Nosler ammo for nothing but Hornady 140 match ammo shoots a ragged hole. Shame it won't function at all. Kimber has the potential to have a unbeatable product. But they have to stop the bad ones from going out the door or gladly correct any issues with the ones that come back.

N
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
N
Shortactionsmoker that is one heck of an offer. The rifle is currently at Kimber so hoping it's fixed this time.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W

And this is how a successful man conducts business. Thank you for being one of the "Good Ones".......

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Shame it won't function at all. Kimber has the potential to have a unbeatable product. But they have to stop the bad ones from going out the door or gladly correct any issues with the ones that come back.

What's odd about this is that all Kimber rifles pass proof load testing followed by function testing before leaving NY. With the Hunter that means that at least four rounds are fired and extracted. This issue would have been caught and remedied at the factory ... how else could the rifle have passed proof and function testing? There are some aspects of a rifle that can be missed during assembly and final testing, but you need proper extraction to complete the firing part of the testing process. Anyway, I hope this gets resolved and you're back to shooting small groups with the Hornady ammunition.

[email protected]
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

72 members (308ld, 35, 14idaho, 3dtestify, 6mmCreedmoor, 7 invisible), 1,883 guests, and 825 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,730
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.