Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Rogers dog was wonderful, until it wasnt.

Almost all dogs will at some point in time, maybe when its not feeling well, will not want to put up with you or your chitt, just as you may at times be with a friend or spouse or child.

Problem is, when it decides to make you back off, you may draw back a nub.

Hundreds of people have voiced what a sweetheart their pit was and are now dead from them.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
GB1

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Some folks like tempting fate....just hope no kids get hurt as a result. I've met a whole bunch of sweet pit bulls but wouldn't ever trust one....best of luck with yours and I mean that.

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I certainly feel sorry for the PB breed, the media has really done a job on them, IMO more than the breed deserves.
Thats not to say appropriate caution isn't needed, but just to say constant jelly knee paranoia and hysteria isn't...
No way would I trust a pound sourced PB to be left unattended anywhere near a child or the infirm.

I would ensure I always had an appropriate length fixed blade knife on me If I had a PB.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by stxhunter
i won't own another.

What happened with yours?

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Starman
I certainly feel sorry for the PB breed, the media has really done a job on them, IMO more than the breed deserves.
Thats not to say appropriate caution isn't needed, but just to say constant jelly knee paranoia and hysteria isn't...
No way would I trust a pound sourced PB to bet left unattended anywhere near a child or the infirm.

I would ensure I always had an appropriate length fixed blade knife on me If I had a PB.
you better have a game plan in your head and be ready to use it, saved my ass but still had over 10grand in hospital/dr bills.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
IC B2

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
No way would I trust a pound sourced PB to bet left unattended anywhere near a child or the infirm.

you better have a game plan in your head and be ready to use it, save my ass but still had over 10grand in hospital/dr bills.

Pics or it didn't happen shocked

Liberalism; The impossible yet accepted notion that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by westside_benny

you better have a game plan in your head and be ready to use it, save my ass but still had over 10grand in hospital/dr bills.

Pics or it didn't happen shocked

There was a thread on that with pics, wasn't pretty.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Pitbulls are the reason God invented the .357

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
had four pins in the left index finger.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[img]https://s23.postimg.org/rlaa8j3e3/IMG_1773.jpg[/img]
[img]https://s4.postimg.org/c7fel8r65/IMG_1774.jpg[/img]

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
i won't own another.

We have a ten yr old mostly pit mix. Got her when she was four or five. She had obviously been encouraged to fight and she was pretty darn good at that. Took me about 18 months for her to understand that I did not want her to fight every dog she came across, nor to chase every dang deer in the yard.

After the 18 months she was the most smart, loyal and obedient dog I have ever owned. Simply a great dog. But there is no doubt in my mind that if I wanted her to go after another dog or another human, she would do it. Simply because she thought that's what I wanted her to do. One time I had a black lab run at me from about a 100 yards out. My dog got in front of me, was in a quivering rage, got ready but didn't attack because I told her "no." I was astonished but she heeded my commands.

So, a wonderful dog, but I will never own another. They are capable of independently assessing a situation and taking action without command. When they do take action, all hell breaks loose and they seem to lose their mind.

My wife has owned a couple of pits. Same story. Smart, loyal, obedient, affectionate and playful. BUT, they need to have master who is truly in control and truly the alpha dog. If the master is not the alpha dog and the one in control, then the dog is the alpha and that is a bad situation waiting to present itself.

Last edited by TF49; 03/24/17.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
...you better have a game plan in your head and be ready to use it, saved my ass but still had over 10grand in hospital/dr bills.

Oh sorry. I forgot to say I would also wear my fore-arm length chainmail gloves.. grin

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Either last week or week before a cute little local child was attacked and bitten by a large dog reported to be a Great Dane.

Photos posted on Facebook of the child's injuries showed a horrible, long, deep, gaping bloody gash, running horizontally across almost all of one of the child's cheeks. The child also had puncture wounds to her neck, ear and, back of the head not visible in the photo.

This child used to regularly participate in children's beauty contests.

Something I thought was interesting as well as quite revealing is folks I know who either have small children of their own or have small children visit regularly and are also owners of some of the known dangerous dog breeds were unusually quiet.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
had four pins in the left index finger.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[img]https://s23.postimg.org/rlaa8j3e3/IMG_1773.jpg[/img]
[img]https://s4.postimg.org/c7fel8r65/IMG_1774.jpg[/img]

Holy crap!!

I
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I
As dogs go, there power is amazing and fearful, but their love and loyalty are just as strong. [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

You've got to hand it to a blind prostitute
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Rogers dog was wonderful, until it wasnt.

I love dogs more than damn near anyone, and Ive worked with a few pitts. Without exception they were nice, pleasant dogs. That said, I never entered into a yard, house, or any other kind of enclosure with a pitt that I wasn't fully and mentally prepared to kill.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Irving_D
but their love and loyalty are just as strong.

It is almost scary.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
People today equate dogs with children. That's why you'll see them referenced as "kids" "children" or"fur babies". Kids don't hold the same place in society they used to. They were inviolable. Yours or not, you protected protected them if you saw danger imminent. As a people we saw children as sacrosanct. Not so much anymore. They get pawned off off on babysitters so mommy can work a full time job. abortion is rampant. At the same time no-kill shelters and animal adoption are growing. People think less of kids and more of pets. It's sickening. I love my dogs, and God help you if I catch you torturing them. But I'd cut their throats and stomp their heads into gravy and sleep like a baby if they threatened mine or someone else's kid.

MAGA
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
People today equate dogs with children. That's why you'll see them referenced as "kids" "children" or"fur babies". Kids don't hold the same place in society they used to. They were inviolable. Yours or not, you protected protected them if you saw danger imminent. As a people we saw children as sacrosanct. Not so much anymore. They get pawned off off on babysitters so mommy can work a full time job. abortion is rampant. At the same time no-kill shelters and animal adoption are growing. People think less of kids and more of pets. It's sickening. I love my dogs, and God help you if I catch you torturing them. But I'd cut their throats and stomp their heads into gravy and sleep like a baby if they threatened mine or someone else's kid.

Only way to approach dog ownership of any kind.

My Uncle Amel had a ST Bernard we loved that dog he pulled us kids around in a sled all day, he was a lot of fun and entertainment. One day he bit a neighbor kid ten minutes later Uncle Amel had him buried behind the barn.

Last edited by 12344mag; 03/24/17.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
30 odd yr ago I was looking for a dog, went to an APB dog club meet day to check them out.
something just said they weren't the most suitable for my needs and circumstances.

I
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I
Wtf is up with these people with bumper stickers saying they love their grandpuppies, that's a whole new level of mental

You've got to hand it to a blind prostitute
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

627 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 10ring1, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 160user, 59 invisible), 3,120 guests, and 1,304 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,486
Posts18,471,881
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.