Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
R
RickyD Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Seems 'ol Gorsuch is down with infanticide and queer marriage, like all good lieberals. Will Schummer still filibuster Gorsuch? I hope so!

http://www.wnd.com/2017/03/gorsuch-comments-on-settled-law-unsettling-to-conservatives/

Republicans have waited eight years for the chance to place another conservative justice on the Supreme Court, and they apparently have their chance now that President Trump has nominated Judge Neil Gorsuch to fill the seat vacated by the late Antonin Scalia.

But his comments, during his confirmation hearing this week in the U.S. Senate, revealed the nation’s “settled law” includes “gay marriage” and unlimited abortion.

While being questioned by Sen. Dick Durbin, D-Ill., on the destruction of unborn children, Gorsuch stated “the Supreme Court of the United States has held in Roe v. Wade that a fetus is not a person for purposes of the Fourteenth Amendment.”

When Durbin asked if he accepted that, the judge replied, “That’s the law of the land. I accept the law of the land, senator, yes.”

And when pressed on “same-sex marriage,” Gorsuch acknowledged the Supreme Court had ruled such marriages are protected by the Constitution. He declared Obergefell v. Hodges, which struck down “same-sex marriage” bans nationwide in 2015, to be “absolutely settled law.”

Given this, Daniel Horowitz, senior editor at Conservative Review, is not the least bit confident Gorsuch is the constitutional conservative many Republicans are hoping for.

“Gorsuch is saying that Roe is the law of the land and Obergefell, which is one of the most radical opinions ever, is ‘absolutely settled law,'” Horowitz told WND. “There’s nothing there to give us assurances that he’s anywhere on par with Scalia, and that’s the seat we’re filling.”

Horowitz said Gorsuch’s deferential attitude toward Supreme Court precedent, even on cases that themselves upended precedent, illustrates the problem he wrote about in his book “Stolen

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2017/03/gorsuch-...ng-to-conservatives/#dtKiGPIEPy1r21JP.99

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
if that were true, the dhimmicrats would want him.

Sam......

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
When Durbin asked if he accepted that, the judge replied, “That’s the law of the land. I accept the law of the land, senator, yes.”
A law is legislation passed by congress. They passed no law on abortion. This 'law of the land' is a court decision, not a real law. It was a convoluted ruling to get abortion out of the constitution.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
And this would be the Libertarian's position as well.

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Time will only tell. Real hard to get another Scalia. Real sure this guy is not another Ginsburg, Sotomyer or Kegan. Hope for the best. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I don't want a conservative Justice! I want a Justice that will heed the Constitution.

We MUST depoliticize the Supreme Court or we are doomed.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm still trying to understand how abortion and gay marriage affects my everyday life.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
A law is legislation passed by congress. They passed no law on abortion. This 'law of the land' is a court decision, not a real law. It was a convoluted ruling to get abortion out of the constitution.

Yes, don't forget that virtually everywhere homosexual marriage was voted on by the people, it failed. Courts have made this the law, and it is not their function.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 12344mag
I don't want a conservative Justice! I want a Justice that will heed the Constitution.

We MUST depoliticize the Supreme Court or we are doomed.

This.

In spades.

The Constitution has no political affiliation.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A lot of folks here don't want a constitutional judge, they want a cheerleader for all of their causes.

And folks wonder why we can't ever get anything done.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Do you want a "judicial activist" appointed to the SC? Or one that respects "stare decisis"?

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Years ago, they talked about, "Strict Constructionism, and Loose Constructionism".

Perhaps someone brighter than I could elaborate on that.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Heller is also settled law.

The way to end abortion is by ammending the Constitution to prohibit it, or at least allow it to be restricted by the states.

If guys want to poke each other in the pooper and settle down in a vine- covered cottage, it's of no concern to me. Personally, I don't get the attraction, but then I also don't like lima beans.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RickyD
Seems 'ol Gorsuch is down with infanticide and queer marriage, like all good lieberals. Will Schummer still filibuster Gorsuch? I hope so!

http://www.wnd.com/2017/03/gorsuch-comments-on-settled-law-unsettling-to-conservatives/

Republicans have waited eight years for the chance to place another conservative justice on the Supreme Court, and they apparently have their chance now that President Trump has nominated Judge Neil Gorsuch to fill the seat vacated by the late Antonin Scalia.

But his comments, during his confirmation hearing this week in the U.S. Senate, revealed the nation’s “settled law” includes “gay marriage” and unlimited abortion.

While being questioned by Sen. Dick Durbin, D-Ill., on the destruction of unborn children, Gorsuch stated “the Supreme Court of the United States has held in Roe v. Wade that a fetus is not a person for purposes of the Fourteenth Amendment.”

And when pressed on “same-sex marriage,” Gorsuch acknowledged the Supreme Court had ruled such marriages are protected by the Constitution. He declared Obergefell v. Hodges, which struck down “same-sex marriage” bans nationwide in 2015, to be “absolutely settled law.”

Given this, Daniel Horowitz, senior editor at Conservative Review, is not the least bit confident Gorsuch is the constitutional conservative many Republicans are hoping for.

“Gorsuch is saying that Roe is the law of the land and Obergefell, which is one of the most radical opinions ever, is ‘absolutely settled law,'” Horowitz told WND. “There’s nothing there to give us assurances that he’s anywhere on par with Scalia, and that’s the seat we’re filling.”

Horowitz said Gorsuch’s deferential attitude toward Supreme Court precedent, even on cases that themselves upended precedent, illustrates the problem he wrote about in his book “Stolen

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2017/03/gorsuch-...ng-to-conservatives/#dtKiGPIEPy1r21JP.99
Quit going JeffO and make America Great Again...this time by stfu.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by stevelyn
I'm still trying to understand how abortion and gay marriage affects my everyday life.

How does murder affect your every day life?

Originally Posted by RJY66

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Squidge
Do you want a "judicial activist" appointed to the SC? Or one that respects "stare decisis"?

I dont want zerocare to be the law of the land.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
When someone is said to be a conservative it means that they interpret the constitution literally as it is written.
A liberal interprets the constitution as a living breathing changing with the times document.
They have a liberal view as to what the constitution means.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Pappy348

The way to end abortion is by ammending the Constitution to prohibit it, or at least allow it to be restricted by the states.

If guys want to poke each other in the pooper and settle down in a vine- covered cottage, it's of no concern to me. Personally, I don't get the attraction, but then I also don't like lima beans.
I can't disagree with any of that other than to go a bit farther and to say that to REALLY end abortion, the private sector (IOW Christianity) need to win hearts and minds to Jesus. If that were the case, there would be few abortions. And like marriage, there would be no need for the government to either outlaw or legalize it.

R
RickyD Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Not to a lieberal. And ultimately, they are the ones who win, because conservatives are too polite to destroy them.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
R
RickyD Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
R
The way to end abortion is by ammending the Constitution to prohibit it
How about by pointing out neither abortion or marriage is an enumerated responsibility of the federal government by the constitution, therefore the scotus rulings are illegal and state law prevails?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

570 members (007FJ, 12344mag, 1936M71, 10gaugemag, 1234, 160user, 58 invisible), 2,479 guests, and 1,327 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,074
Posts18,482,669
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.