Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Was the AR all "mil-spec"???

Three burglars dead in one fell swoop?? That will literally prevent HUNDREDS of future crimes in that area.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by FyrepowrX
my brother in law lives 5-6 blocks away from the place this occurred; been a fair number of undesirables cruising the neighborhood there looking to steal anything that isn't nailed down.

kinda wondering if they thought they decided to step up the ante by trying to kick in some doors...if it was the same crew, i'd say their plans to "upgrade" failed in a most spectacular fashion....

I must live in a good neighborhood, if I heard a crash from my back door at 12:30 pm, I would head back there to see if anyone needed help. Or if a tree fell on the house.

I can't imagine heading for the back door with a loaded AR-15.

Unless they saw them coming on CCTV?

Sycamore

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by colodog
It's a hell of a thing to kill someone, killing three?
I hope there's someo ne he can talk to so he doesn't carry it around too long...

Ya I was concerned about the guy too, through no fault of his own his whole life just turned upside-down. Besides the killing, there's the being that guy who shot the three bad guys.

Several years ago before we moved here a retiree on my street shot and killed a teenager who had broken into his house. Totally justified.

That guy ended up moving.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
I hope there's someo ne he can talk to so he doesn't carry it around too long...

Ya I was concerned about the guy too, through no fault of his own his whole life just turned upside-down. Besides the killing, there's the being that guy who shot the three bad guys.

Several years ago before we moved here a retiree on my street shot and killed a teenager who had broken into his house. Totally justified.

Yeah, that would be tough to keep out of yer mind....

Just imagine every time you walked in that room or looked where the kid died... you'd be re-living the whole thing over and over.

No thanks... I'd move too.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Sycamore
my brother in law lives 5-6 blocks away from the place this occurred; been a fair number of undesirables cruising the neighborhood there looking to steal anything that isn't nailed down.

kinda wondering if they thought they decided to step up the ante by trying to kick in some doors...if it was the same crew, i'd say their plans to "upgrade" failed in a most spectacular fashion....

I must live in a good neighborhood, if I heard a crash from my back door at 12:30 pm, I would head back there to see if anyone needed help. Or if a tree fell on the house.

Sycamore

Based on the press pics it's a very nice area.

but if you knew there were undesirables making the rounds ripping off the neighbors I suspect you would adjust your defensive posture.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 325Abn
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

Yeah, that would be tough to keep out of yer mind....

Just imagine every time you walked in that room or looked where the kid died... you'd be re-living the whole thing over and over.

No thanks... I'd move too.

Reminds me of how I would feel if I killed some rattle snakes.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Good shooting.

I wonder if the 23 yr old son might be a combat vet. Seems he was on his game.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
A candidate for Dancing with the Stars!!

DWTS Supermax Edition?

Okay.... that's funny.... I feel kind of bad though I was ASSuming she would have a darker complexion... My bad....

Hopefully the criminals were here illegally and it will help to build the "deport criminals" monumentum...

If that bunch was MS 13 or something similar that family may need to start carrying AR-15s around with them all the time though....

Please don't feed the trolls!
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
if you knew there were undesirables making the rounds ripping off the neighbors I suspect you would adjust your defensive posture.

My mother's aunt lived in New Orleans in one of those shotgun houses, basically all the rooms in a line. As was typical in the neighborhood with these houses the driveway went a long way down the side of the house with parking toward the rear. Auntie had become quite ill so my mother was staying with her a lot.

About this time a crew of miscreants had started taking advantage of the way the parking worked. They would take cover near the rear of a house and rob people getting out of their cars in the evening.

Here is what my dad did. He got one of those silhouette type targets and ventilated it with his Glock 45, most of the magazine in the chest and two or three in the head. This he taped to the front door of Aunties house. The door was white, and there was a light on the overhang of the porch aimed back toward the door. When daylight faded this arrangement made it easy to see the target with its bullet holes quite clearly from the street. Just above the target was a poster that read "THIS CAN BE YOU" in large letters.

For a while Dad on the dark side of the porch in the evenings, Glock 45 ready at hand. If you knew what you were looking for you might see the cherry on his cigarette when he took a drag. Other than that he was practically invisible, unlike the well lit warning.

That driveway robbery crap dried right up in the nearby area.

Dad was a WWII vet and I seriously doubt it would have bothered him in the least if he ventilated Dindu Nuffin.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R

Sycamore

Thats teh kind of sheeple thinking that gets folks killed.

Get out back with the AR etc... and find a wreck or tree fallen you are still ok..

We are rural. Stuff doesn't much happen here... the other morning my pager went off... assault cranial injury. WTF... guy stopped to help a motorist on the side of the road on the way to work. Got hit over the head when he got there by the accomplices..... and stole everything he had except his truck...

Pay attention, its not Kansas anymore...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Ringman

Reminds me of how I would feel if I killed some rattle snakes.
This.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by rost495
... Pay attention, its not Kansas anymore...

This is where I'm at. We live in a very quiet, rural area. Good neighbors. Trust them with the life of my family... However... Heroin is at epidemic proportions. And break-in's are increasing, even out here in the boon docks. Unlike Mr. Levitin, LEO response time to our location could be 10 minutes, or could be 40 minutes, depending on time of day and whatever else is going on in the county. None of my neighbors are going to be the least bit surprised nor worried if I show up at the door with a loaded firearm when they stop by unexpectedly.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rost495

Sycamore

Thats teh kind of sheeple thinking that gets folks killed.

Get out back with the AR etc... and find a wreck or tree fallen you are still ok..

We are rural. Stuff doesn't much happen here... the other morning my pager went off... assault cranial injury. WTF... guy stopped to help a motorist on the side of the road on the way to work. Got hit over the head when he got there by the accomplices..... and stole everything he had except his truck...

Pay attention, its not Kansas anymore...
No, it's about sixty miles south of Kansas. We're in Broken Arrow quite often. It's overall a nice town containing the only Bass Pro in Tulsa metro. Some of it has gone to seed though. I've been staying in a nice hotel and decided to make a midnight snack run...Walmart is open 24-7. The BA Walmart contains some particularly nefarious characters that time of the night. I can only imagine the types that broke into that dude's house.

Sycamore is nothing more than a troll.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
1. Sycamore is not a troll, he just doesn't attempt to stay in step with the "Campfire Cadence".

2. The article says it happened at 12 30 PM. That's just after noon, not dark.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by gunner500
Glad the home owners are okay and that no further tax dollars will be wasted on these three.

God Bless Oklahoma!

Getaway hoe gets three counts of murder one, plus conspiracy to commit armed burglary.

Well if Oklahoma lost 3 ghetto rats during this scenario...

Looks like the DemocRATS lost between 30 to 45 votes being cast for them in the next election cycle...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by boatammo
I don't think he needs help as in someone to talk to.
I sure as know that I wouldn't.
Justice done>

only thing I'd feel guilty about.... is feeling guilty about NOT feeling guilty over it...

As Funshooter said if it happened in California.... same with Oregon...

the perps have a lot more rights in Oregon, courtesy of Potland DemocRATS...

no difference in WA I'm sure...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
She's a fugly one:

[Linked Image]

And short, that white flour tamale roller is 4'10"

Trump Won!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
DU's take, [b][color:#3333FF]"should have fired warning shots"[/color][/b], however there are a few over there with a couple of brain cells..

crazy

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I'm glad she's being charged with three counts of felony murder.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
She'll die in an Okie iron door hotel if she doesn't get the death penalty.

Trump Won!
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

522 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 01Foreman400, 1234, 10gaugeman, 17Fan, 62 invisible), 2,361 guests, and 1,254 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,323
Posts18,487,458
Members73,969
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.