Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Orville
it strikes me that all of the single stack guns are close in performance. That said the M2 might be better for one person over another due to grip frame and hand size.

This is why you go rent them and shoot them first.

It isn't what happens to you that defines you, it's what you DO about what happens to you that defines you!

NRA life member

Illinois State Rifle Association member
GB1

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Bea, We hope your surgery was successful. Drop us a note and update us.

Better to be over the hill than under it.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I have had a PM9 for a number of years and it is my most commonly used EDC but I just picked up a Kimber Micro 9 and it may become #1, if it turns out as reliable as the PM9. Just feels a bit better in the hand. Glocks don't fit my hand very well.

RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Note: I have not read a single post on this thread.

My current gun is the Beretta Nano. Long trigger, but that is a plus if my book. I learned to shoot it pretty well. Zero malfunctions thus far. Though, all my guns are squeaky clean with light oil. 8 + 1 with extended Mag. The standard mag is worthless. I have 2 extended mags for duty.

I help out a friend who owns a gun shop. Most popular seller is Shield. Hands down.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
The Shield is a good carry gun, but realize that its heavier in the 9mm than all of the others besides the XDS at 23.7 oz loaded. I have trouble concealing my shield but its a great gun in all respects. But when i carry it, its somewhat uncomfortable and you know its there. I have tried about 10 different holsters.

I normally carry a CM9 which is smaller and lighter. Works great for CCW in a PJ Holster or FOXX holster. Only you can determine what conceals. Alot of people can conceal the shield, i however have to dress around it. I find carrying the XDS easier.

Kahr, Shield, LC9s, Glock 43 will all work. Line them up at your LGS.

I would however recommend if you want a longer grip to take a serious look at the Kahr CW9. Longer grip is a little harder to conceal but just as good as any shield and its hard to beat. Its lighter than the shield, and way better looking.

Last edited by semi; 03/28/17.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by MGunns
Ive been carrying a Sig P938 for a while. Pleasure to shoot and carry.

Carrying one myself these days, with an XDs when not. 1911s most any other time.

Really find the P938 accurate, fun to shoot, esy to carry, and it has night sights.

Nut

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.

Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by David_Walter
Originally Posted by ModelSeven
Originally Posted by David_Walter
Cuz the Glock or the Smith or the Taurus are better value for the money.

Do you 'value' your money more than your life?

M7

No. I "value" my life most of all. That's why I don't carry a Kimber and I do carry a Glock 43 everyday.

There's what? 100X the Glock 43s in use compared to the Kimber and with no real issues to report.

I don't google, I shoot. But if I did Google, I'd find that 40% of the NATO armed forces use Glocks and 0% use Kimbers of any type.

Now what?

No argument from me on your siderm choices, but technically, Kimbers are used in a very limited number and role by MARSOC (the ICQB).

Nut

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.

Thomas Jefferson

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I believe while interesting, the issue of which gun to carry plays a much smaller role than just having a gun to pull when needed. If you have to pull a .380 on an aggressor, do you really believe they'll look at it and think, "I can take 3 or 4 hits from that pop-gun, no problem", and will continue the attack? Or will they think, "Schite! a GUN!! Runnnnn!!!!" How many people do you believe would attack you if you pumped 10 rounds of .22LR right into their face?

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Magnumdood
I believe while interesting, the issue of which gun to carry plays a much smaller role than just having a gun to pull when needed. If you have to pull a .380 on an aggressor, do you really believe they'll look at it and think, "I can take 3 or 4 hits from that pop-gun, no problem", and will continue the attack? Or will they think, "Schite! a GUN!! Runnnnn!!!!" How many people do you believe would attack you if you pumped 10 rounds of .22LR right into their face?
Yep, most of the time that would work good enough. But sometimes it wouldn't. That's not to say that anything less than 9mm or .38 Special is an ill advised choice, though, since it's all a matter of finding a balance, and where everyone finds it is different. For me, it's 9mm/.38 Special as a floor. For others it could be .380, .32, .25, or even .22 rimfire. For some, it has to start with a four.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Yep, most of the time that would work good enough. But sometimes it wouldn't. That's not to say that anything less than 9mm or .38 Special is an ill advised choice, though, since it's all a matter of finding a balance, and where everyone finds it is different. For me, it's 9mm/.38 Special as a floor. For others it could be .380, .32, .25, or even .22 rimfire. For some, it has to start with a four.

If I looked I could find examples where any truly portable, concealable handgun of any caliber failed to stop an aggressor from completing his/her objective. Such calibers would include the .22LR, .380 ACP, 9mm, .38 Special, .357 Magnum, .357 Sig, 10mm Auto, .41 Magnum, .44 Magnum, .45 Glock, .45 ACP. Handguns calibers are inherently underpowered. If you are really THAT concerned that your handgun will not protect you, due to current laws being interpreted differently toward white people vs. the rest of the world, you need to stay at home as much as possible. Blacks can demonstrate while brandishing AR-15s...we can't. Harden your home against home invasion, get some more pit bulls, and keep using your Food Saver Bag to fit your rifle and magazine in while you shower. Then, keep a nice sharp stainless steel blade in the shower to facilitate opening the heat-sealed freezer bag and gaining quick access to your rifle. If your assailant(s) don't succumb to center mass hits at PBR with a .308 WIN, your number is obviously up.

IC B3

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by StarchedCover
Over the years I have carried several different single stack 9mm pistols to include SIG P6, P225, P239,Kahr CW9 and this past year I have been carrying a Walther PPS M2.
I really like the ergos of the Walther, it fits my hand better than the Glock. I keep it in a DARA IWB holster and it is my daily carry.
I like the Walther PPS M2 so much that I bought another one as a spare.

StarchedCover

Yep
Walther PPS M2
WALTHER CCP
Ruger LC9s
And S&W Shield
...all good

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by Savuti
Since the wife racking the slide is a criterion, I'd look hard at the Walther CCP. The gas delayed blowback utilizes a fairly light return spring.

Big plus on that ...wife and daughter find the CCP easiest to rack!

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Good Luck!
The warranty on my eyeballs is running out.
Hope to extend it with cataract surgery.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
How could my reply have been more conciliatory? I'm not getting your hysterical response to it.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

555 members (10gaugeman, 02bfishn, 160user, 1234, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 51 invisible), 2,470 guests, and 1,228 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,427
Posts18,470,733
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.