Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
just reported hrs ago...

http://news.sky.com/story/dog-owner-killed-by-his-pet-staffordshire-bull-terrier-10816923

" A 41-year-old man has been attacked and killed by his pet dog, a Staffordshire Bull terrier....

A post-mortem examination found he died from hypovolemic, or hemorrhagic, shock, resulting from catastrophic loss of blood or other fluids
and damage to the airway consistent with a dog bite.

Sky sources say a TV crew was at the house interviewing the victim for a forthcoming programme when the attack took place."

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
GB1

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Starman
Shadetree,

cats smothering infants is nothing new, to me its negligence/complacency not just an accident.
just like little kids drowning in backyard pools or bathtubs while the parents or minders are home.
another is parents running over their kids in the drive.

I would not have a cat in the house with an infant at home.
Having a pit is a gamble. Sometimes ya win, sometimes ya lose. That's not an accident. It's a known risk.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by victoro
Originally Posted by k22hornet
Originally Posted by ribka
How do you get home owners insurance with a pit bull in the house?

I had three different carriers in my life as a home owner and they always asked i I owned a pit or rottie. Said if owned either of those 2 breeds would not insure me

It's not just Pits or Rotts. Here is a list from one of the insurance companies I represent:

"Do you or any household member own one or more of the following breeds or a mix of one of these breeds of dog?

Akita, Alaskan Malamute, American Bull Terrier, American Staffordshire Terrier, Bull Mastiff, Chow Chow, Doberman Pinscher, Pit Bull, Presa Canario, Rottweiler, Staffordshire Bull Terrier, Wolf Hybrid."

A previous poster said people will lie about the type of dogs they have in order to get homeowners insurance. That is true, and I've had it happen in my Agency.

The problem arises when there is a claim for a dog bite and the insurance company finds out the homeowners lied on the application. At that point, the insurance company can deny coverage and will most likely cancel the policy asap. The homeowner is then left to pay for damages all on their own.

How much of your money do you think a jury will award the family of a 4yo, whose face was mauled by your dog?

There are insurance companies that will insure homes with the above named breeds in them, but there are fewer such companies each year.

My next door neighbor has a huge Bull Mastiff that they keep inside most of the time. This dog isn't friendly at all. Any time I'm in my back yard I have a pistol on me in case he busts through the fence. Him and his wife walk this dog around the neighborhood every evening, actually the dog drags them around. I don't know how much this dog weighs but his previous Mastiff weighed 225lbs.
Unless he's armed and ready and capable to kill his dog instantly, he could never control the dog if it wanted to break free.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by kingston
Originally Posted by deflave

Jesus Christ.

Dave

What's up?
You don't know? Impostor!

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Nothing like a good dog!

IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by ShadeTree

My google search brought this one up straight away, it was 2nd on the page...lol..

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1379196/Sleeping-cat-suffocates-baby.html

Wow you found 1 on the second page of the WORLD WIDE WEB. I didn't bother going that far. Did you read through the articles on the first page?

Read again , it came up straight away as second on the page....get it?

you scrolled 10 pages and couldn't find anything,then say you didn't go as far as the 2nd page...
ok whatever.

Janet Kipling, RSPCA South West regional spokesman, said: "This sort of tragedy is extremely rare. Cats do try to curl up with anything that is warm.
A cat would cover up most of a sleeping baby. You can buy cat nets to go over a cot or a carrycot. We would also urge parents to keep the cat out of the room."

Follow your own advise and read again. I didn't scroll through 10 pages on cats. When every article I read on the first page didn't produce a confirmation I quit. 10 solid pages of headlines is where I stopped when I googled pit bulls killing children.

My point is comparing the dangers of pit bulls killing children or leaving a pool unattended to the possibility of a cat smothering a child is just silly. As your own article points out it's extremely rare.

Unattended Pit bulls, pools, and children is a dangerous mix. Cats as it turns out, not so much.

One is alone in a land so vast, there is only the mountains, the wind, and the eyes of God.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
funny, yesterday i was sitting in the lobby of a vet with two of my golden retrievers and a little ankle biter dog. Door opens to the lobby and a guy walks in with a pit. It starts wagging it's tail seeing my goldens. They were on a short leash. Told my wife later, about this thread, which pops up time to time, and those pictures of a guy's hand. Also told her and she knew it anyway, i had a glock in a fanny pak next to me, and was holding pepper spray anyway attached to the keys i was holding. Just don't trust those pits. At all. Big strong dogs, specific kind of bite, don't turn off. Don't know when they are going to flip.

Last edited by RoninPhx; 03/28/17.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RickyD
Originally Posted by kingston

Jesus Christ.

Dave

What's up?
You don't know? Impostor!

I know, I was just being polite.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Backroads
Which K-9 unit encourages hitting dogs on the head with a mag-light as a viable training technique?

If any of this story is true, I hope to read about you and your dog someday.

Yeah, the story is true. sheesh. I am amazed that people (on the net) so quickly presume dishonesty.

I wonder where all the hyper-suspicion comes from... there used to be saying, "a skunk smells his own stink first". So, folks who are partakers in dishonesty are quick to point their fingers at others when something is different from what they're used to.

Incidentally, the whack on the dog's head wasn't a normal part of the training regimen as far as i know or ever saw. The instance i observed seemed like to be an ad hoc disciplinary response.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by 325Abn

Yeah, the story is true.

No. It isn't.

Clark

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Incidentally, the whack on the dog's head wasn't a normal part of the training regimen as far as i know or ever saw. The instance i observed seemed like to be an ad hoc disciplinary response.

You can stop trying now. Nobody outside of Texas is going to buy your bullschit.

Clark

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

You can stop trying now. Nobody outside of Texas is going to buy your bullschit.

Clark
Unless they live in Oregon.

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by releehweoj
New neighbor's pair of pit bulls attacked my JRT on my property 3 weeks ago. Owners said they were docile and had never done anything like that before. Had I not been present my Jack would have been scattered all over the place. He ended up with multiple puncture wounds and I with 5 sutures in a finger and deep abrasions on knees and ankles. If they venture on to my property again they will be shot on sight. Their owners have been warned by me and LEO.

You should have shot them the first time. If the owners were responsible they would shoot them now, Pits should not roam period.

In a subsequent conversation with the new neighbors they vehemently denied the dogs were pit bulls. They claim the dogs are Old English Bulldogs. Wikipedia says this about the breed:

The Olde English Bulldogge is a recently created American dog breed. In the 1970s David Leavitt created a true-breeding lineage as a re-creation of the healthier working bulldog from early nineteenth century England. Using a breeding scheme developed for cattle, Leavitt crossed English bulldogs with American Bulldogs, American Pit Bull Terriers and Bull Mastiffs.

Close enough for me - the kill on sight warning is still in effect. I guess when it comes right down to it, I don't care about their lineage - just their behavior. If a couple of labradoodles had attacked my dog on my property without provocation I'd have the same concerns about the dogs.

Last edited by releehweoj; 04/07/17.
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by releehweoj
New neighbor's pair of pit bulls attacked my JRT on my property 3 weeks ago. Owners said they were docile and had never done anything like that before. Had I not been present my Jack would have been scattered all over the place. He ended up with multiple puncture wounds and I with 5 sutures in a finger and deep abrasions on knees and ankles. If they venture on to my property again they will be shot on sight. Their owners have been warned by me and LEO.

I've got a suppressed 10/22 Ruger with a little ATN day/night scope for bullchit like that. mad

Trump Won!
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I use whatever rifle I happen to have my hands on. It's usually a Sharps...

Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

660 members (12344mag, 19rabbit52, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 007FJ, 68 invisible), 3,286 guests, and 1,319 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,486
Posts18,471,860
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.