Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Since something that actually took skill, intelligence and talent was way too much for you, maybe you could aim a little lower on the beverage skill chain next time.

Like, maybe Nestle's Quik.

You could relabel it Nestle's Ich.

Natural evolution of Spanky: "Big" CA place > 10 ac Whinery > 5 ac feedlot. Crashin an inheritance like that must be painful. Knowin you wasted what all your ancestors worked so hard to earn.

Keep up the good work. Six months to a year, after you're forced to sell the feedlot, you might be able to afford the lot nexta Moprick.

GB1

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Hahahaha. Pride goeth before a winter of discontent or something like that.

Last edited by jaguartx; 04/18/17.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by Spanokopitas

Thanks Toot---I'll crank out something new which will no doubt piss off the usual pissors here.

Just glad to be out of the wine business. I got into it too late in life and it was more, much more, work than I could handle.

I'm not at all ashamed to admit I lost money in the venture but I escaped with my life. The Wife and I are very pleased with our new (to us) five acre RANCH on top of a hill with a 270 degree view of nothing but nothing.---Spano
laugh

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
This field of alfalfa is 30 acres,6 times larger than your "ranch." Each one of those bales is $150 in the field. There is about 110-120 more acres of alfalfa that is ready to cut. This is the first cut,will have five more before this season is over. Then there is the 80-90 acres of corn silage,9 acres of cotton,and finally 40 acres of pecan trees we raise in a growing season. We will custom pick cotton for our neighbor later this year, which will be about 100 acres +/-.

Your penny-ante five acres is laughable to say the least.

[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S

But, But, But, my five acre RANCH is mine. No employees no responsibility for anything other than enjoying the view and the hot tub and the sauna. No payroll, no payments (other than property taxes), no Government licenses, fees, inspections, no worry about Red Blotch, pesticide drift, late frost, early frost, labor availability, mildew, pruning, tying, suckering, tucking and a few other everyday problems. Above all freedom do do as we please when we please.

And we have hundreds of gallons of wine we have produced to sell or use.

We are very happy to be out of the wine business and to pass it on to a younger and stronger generation. They will build upon a very strong and beautifyl foundation we have set.

Now tell me what is wrong with that?

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Nothings wrong with that. 5 acres is not a ranch, that's all.
5 acres is 5 acres.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

But, But, But, my five acre RANCH is mine. No employees no responsibility for anything other than enjoying the view and the hot tub and the sauna. No payroll, no payments (other than property taxes), no Government licenses, fees, inspections, no worry about Red Blotch, pesticide drift, late frost, early frost, labor availability, mildew, pruning, tying, suckering, tucking and a few other everyday problems. Above all freedom do do as we please when we please.

We are very happy to be out of the wine business and to pass it on to a younger and stronger generation. They will build upon a very strong and beautifyl foundation we have set.

la vita e bella! (life is beautiful)

sounds great Spanky! keep up the good work, and the good works!

Sycamore

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
This field of alfalfa is 30 acres,6 times larger than your "ranch." Each one of those bales is $150 in the field. There is about 110-120 more acres of alfalfa that is ready to cut. This is the first cut,will have five more before this season is over. Then there is the 80-90 acres of corn silage,9 acres of cotton,and finally 40 acres of pecan trees we raise in a growing season. We will custom pick cotton for our neighbor later this year, which will be about 100 acres +/-.

[Linked Image]

All that crap goin' on, how in the hell do you find time to shoot bunnies and post pics of fridge girls? confused

Geno

PS, I told my wife I'm going to do the ranch gate thing on our 6.89 acre place (can I call it 7?) with a sign naming it El Ranchito de los Perros Flaccos. (in honor of our whippets of course) It's not a real ranch, just a ranchito.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
I'm multi-talented,or have two other employees. grin

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E

The land you see is ours,along with about another 100 acres +/-.

Labor is me,dad,my son and one other employee.

Pesticide drift,easy,spray when the wind is not blowing,like in the early morning.

That hay and corn silage is your cheese,milk,ice cream,yogurt and any other dairy product you eat.

Also,I enjoy farming,it does get tiresome at times,but would rather farm than sit in an office all day long. wink

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by elkhunternm

[Linked Image]

All that crap goin' on, how in the hell do you find time to shoot bunnies and post pics of fridge girls? confused

Geno

PS, I told my wife I'm going to do the ranch gate thing on our 6.89 acre place (can I call it 7?) with a sign naming it El Ranchito de los Perros Flaccos. (in honor of our whippets of course) It's not a real ranch, just a ranchito.

Now don't get those feelings hurt Geno.
6.89 is more than 5. So you are closer than Spanky to the ranch world.
People can call their land whatever they want. Just to me 5 acres is not a ranch. No live stock, nothing to make it a ranch. A big house on 5 acres is what it is. No big deal. I happy for the man, but it still not a ranch. A ranch has hundreds of acres, cows, horses etc.
It can be his ranch, but not a ranch as some look at it in this state.
Maybe if he has and keeps an Agriculture exemption on taxes from raising animals can he call it a true (very very small)(wait non working) ranch. smile

Last edited by Wtxj; 04/19/17.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hey Spankie,

Think I'll go buy a Yacht.
It's going to be at least 15', with a motor. I'm going to call it the grand river yacht. Size and words don't matter anymore, except on women as far as size goes.
What do you think man. I'm going to own a 12' to 15' yacht. Words don't matter any longer, right.

Ya, I'm going to be a Yacht owner------------

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Makes no diff to me

But I always thought a ranch dealt in sections not acres

Most we ever owned was 420 acres, but it was still just a farm to me

When I think ranch you ain't gonna cover it all in a day on horseback.

Ymmv

But if 5 acres qualifies my moose and squirrel ranch here in Alaska is doing great

I better go saddle up and check fences

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There's TONS of ranches that encompass [b][color:#3333FF]less than 5 acres..[/color][/b]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
There's TONS of ranches that encompass [b][color:#3333FF]less than 5 acres..[/color][/b]

The bunny ranch, the chicken ranch and now the spanky ranch?

Sounds kinda kinky? blush

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
Makes no diff to me

But I always thought a ranch dealt in sections not acres

Most we ever owned was 420 acres, but it was still just a farm to me

When I think ranch you ain't gonna cover it all in a day on horseback.

Ymmv

But if 5 acres qualifies my moose and squirrel ranch here in Alaska is doing great

I better go saddle up and check fences

Got to agree with this in the most part.
I don't saddle up to check fences, I just use my jeep in these days and times.
Even though we don't farm our farm and just run cattle on it today, it's still a farm to us. Wait, I got 51 ranchetts. cool

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A lot of ranchettes are more like raunch-ettes!

Nifty-250

"If you don't know where you're going, you may wind up somewhere else".
Yogi Berra
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S

I used to ranch grapes. Had to round 'em up and brand (crush) them every fall.

Now with my new 5.2 acre RANCH I don't have to do that.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
5.2 acres sounds more like a house lot than a ranch. Course, you probably refer to the riding mower you mow it with as your "Big Green Tractor" and belt out Kenny Chesney while you mow.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - Ronald Reagan
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
So it wasn't "really" good bye...

I was kinda hoping it was an adios to the 'fire.

Sam......

Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

305 members (1lesfox, 160user, 10Glocks, 10ring1, 12344mag, 1eyedmule, 25 invisible), 1,888 guests, and 1,101 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,391
Posts18,469,837
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.