Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I had to tell a good man and woman that their wonderful 34 year old daughter, on her way home from playing her violin in an orchestra, had been killed by a drunk driver who'd crossed the center line and crashed into her car.

The drunk had minimal injuries.

I'm not fond of drunk drivers, though some I've arrested have been funny as all get out.

Guy

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Fuzzy_Bunny
If he was still in prison serving out the last 240 month sentence he would not have gotten this one. This guy should live the rest of his days behind bars.

[Linked Image]

This guy should have dirt shoveled on him or sprayed out across a potato field. He's an unacceptable burden and even danger to society. He will never be of any use beyond what he is now.........which is a 54 year-old chronic drunk.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by GuyM
I had to tell a good man and woman that their wonderful 34 year old daughter, on her way home from playing her violin in an orchestra, had been killed by a drunk driver who'd crossed the center line and crashed into her car.

The drunk had minimal injuries.

I'm not fond of drunk drivers, though some I've arrested have been funny as all get out.

Guy

Legalize weed, it's harmless.

LOL
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
It's true that texting has killed a lot of people. There's a big difference, though. Someone texting can drop the phone and be fully aware in a second. A drinker is drunk for a long time. He can't snap back to life in a second.

You are really, really, really fugking stupid.

Jeff O level of stupid.

Like... really stupid.

Clark

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
How am I wrong?
And I'll forgive you for your insults. A good discussion is very possible without them.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I wonder his name here on the fire..
Hank

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by stevelyn

This guy should have dirt shoveled on him or sprayed out across a potato field. He's an unacceptable burden and even danger to society. He will never be of any use beyond what he is now.........which is a 54 year-old chronic drunk.

Yet (based one what I've read) he has never harmed anyone.

Interesting.

Dave

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
How am I wrong?
And I'll forgive you for your insults. A good discussion is very possible without them.

A good discussion is possible.

If you weren't retarded.

Dave

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
3rd will get you 3-5 years here. Two former friends blet their brains out right before they were supposed to check into the Cold Bar Hotel. Never understood how the hated their 90 day stay at county so bad. Then went right back to driving drunk. If you are going to drive, don't drink. If you are drunk don't drive. Damm, this isn't hard.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by deflave

Interesting.

Dave

Drunk driving is like walking a dog on a leash.

Everybody thinks a dog is under control just because it's on a leash and any dog not tied to their owner is a threat to small children.

Everyone who blows over a certain amount is a danger to small children no matter if they've done it a thousand times and never have any issues.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Interesting.

Dave

Right. Drinking and driving is a victimless crime.

Only in your world.

LOL
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Fireball2

Interesting.

Dave

Only in your world.

That feller in Butte must have quite a list of victims.
Feel free to list them.

Prosecute those that harm others, no doubt. Guilty of might cause harm is horseshit.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Interesting.

Dave

Are you saying that until he hurts or kills someone by his driving drunk all is well? He obviously did something unsafe to get pulled over in the first place...crossed the center line, blew through a stop sign...something.

I'll fully agree it is ridiculous that dicking with the radio, scratching your ass or checking out the hot chick in the Porsche is equally as distracting and dangerous, but legal...however saying that he should be able to get blitzed out of his mind while driving around and only until he kills someone has he done something wrong is equally as ridiculous.

I don't know where the line "should" be drawn, but its before the point where someone gets killed. Maybe this guy will finally do something "wrong" when he smashes into you at 80 MPH.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Backroads

Prosecute those that harm others, no doubt. Guilty of might cause harm is horseshit.

It's pretty clear driving drunk is hazardous to society at large. Why would arguing that even be necessary?

LOL
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Fireball2

Only in your world.

In my world you'd be sentenced to life. Hard labor.

Because retards shouldn't go to waste.

Dave

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by T_Inman

Interesting.

Dave

Are you saying that until he hurts or kills someone by his driving drunk all is well? He obviously did something unsafe to get pulled over in the first place...crossed the center line, blew through a stop sign...something.

I'll fully agree it is ridiculous that dicking with the radio, scratching your ass or checking out the hot chick in the Porsche is equally as distracting and dangerous, but legal...however saying that he should be able to get blitzed out of his mind while driving around and only until he kills someone has he done something wrong is equally as ridiculous.

I don't know where the line "should" be drawn, but its before the point where someone gets killed. Maybe this guy will finally do something "wrong" when he smashes into you at 80 MPH.

Yep.

Maybe.

Dave

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Maybe this guy needs help?

Locking people away for life for socially unacceptable behavior is a slippery slope.

If a cop catches you texting while driving should they go to prison?

Life sentence for your fourth texting while driving?
It's true that texting has killed a lot of people. There's a big difference, though. Someone texting can drop the phone and be fully aware in a second. A drinker is drunk for a long time. He can't snap back to life in a second.

If they kill you before they drop the phone, wouldn't it be the same thing?

I am MAGA.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
If you own a gun, you have to own a safe, but you shouldn't know the combo to said safe. Lock up all guns and in the morning you can call your designed safe opening guy.

If you are at home, drinking and have a firearm, you might hurt/kill someone.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Steelhead
If you own a gun, you have to own a safe, but you shouldn't know the combo to said safe. Lock up all guns and in the morning you can call your designed safe opening guy.

If you are at home, drinking and have a firearm, you might hurt/kill someone.

About sums it up.

Some of the internet preachers on here would be absolutely apoplectic if this were some other "issue".

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Yes, and if a guy was drunk as $hit, stumbling around recklessly with a gun muzzle flashing everyone I'd want the po-po to interfere and throw his drunk ass in jail for the night too. Preferably before he hurts someone. I suspect Deflave will disagree.

Take away that person's overall right to have guns? No, not until he "accidentally" shoots someone (or possibly his 23rd drunken recklessness with a gun offense), but I would support the drunk being busted for being dangerous. What is, and is not, too drunk to have a gun in your hands is subjective, as is how drunk someone can be to still drive. There's no easy answer to all this.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

529 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 222Sako, 1lessdog, 1beaver_shooter, 61 invisible), 1,742 guests, and 1,242 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,124
Posts18,523,002
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.