Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rost495
Oh yes, to add, my nephew just had it done. A year ago or so, about 30 years old. Dumb bastard went price shopping for the cheapest.... and was happy when the doc said he generally used just enough pain meds...

Pluck no, I want everything you have...

Nephew was sore/pain for a week or so, but seeing him in other things like cornea replacement a while back, he may be what he eats....

Getting cords snipped in your nutsack is not the time to go bargain basement shopping... eek

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
GB1

W
WRO Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
W
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
Originally Posted by WRO
My wife wants me to get snipped..

What do you want?

I don't want to have anymore kids and I want my wife to be happy..

That being said, whats the point of kid free sex if you have long term pain, schitty orgasms, and possible dick issues.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by WRO
Originally Posted by WRO

What do you want?

That being said, whats the point of kid free sex if you have long term pain, schitty orgasms, and possible dick issues.

If you DID have dick issues, she'd divorce you for it. Count on it. (Unless you are like really rich... Then she'd just get it elsewhere while letting you pay the bills.)

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Like a good friend of mine said to me one day, I will die a Bull. My wife got fixed right after we had our last kid in the Hospital, her Insurance deductible had already been met, so I was the lucky one.

L
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
L
Had mine in 89. No problems other than normal swelling. An ice pack will be your friend for a couple of days. It is comforting to know I don't have to worry about birth control (after draining the tank that is).

IC B2

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
There is a DIY kit available. I believe it consists of a strong rubber band and several fifths of cheap scotch smile

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by OregonCoot
There is a DIY kit available. I believe it consists of a strong rubber band and several fifths of cheap scotch smile

https://www.amazon.com/Elastrator-B...32&sr=8-4&keywords=cattle+bander

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by WRO
Originally Posted by WRO

What do you want?

No long term effects at all, other than my wife commenting that it was noticeably less salty...

Carpe' Scrotum
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by gann
Like a good friend of mine said to me one day, I will die a Bull. My wife got fixed right after we had our last kid in the Hospital, her Insurance deductible had already been met, so I was the lucky one.

My SIL did it like this. While she was under for the procedure it was found out that the newborn only had half a heart[basically] and was airlifted to neo-natal facility across the state. He died 3 days later. A reversal for a woman is pretty difficult.

FJB & FJT
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I was 23 yrs old and my wife had was diabetic, took insulin shots 4 times a day. she could not take birth control, so I got snipped in 1993, snipped on Friday, back to work on Monday. Spent the weekend with a ice pack and some lortab. 1 week later I was deer hunting in Alabama. no issues at all and even today everything works fine.

J Simoneaud

Supper's ready!! you have 2 choices, Eat or Don't eat.
IC B3

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Back in 1997, I drove two friends to the office for the procedure. We all grew up together, they were always good to me and I was as protective of them as a friend could be.

I would say it was a good decision and even if they'd disagree, they're still hanging around all these years later.

No ED issues either.....strong like bull.

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

Note to self: Never ask an old Fogey how he is doing today.
Revised note to self: Keep it short when someone asks how I am doing.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by hanco
Girl up and get it done, been 30 years for me.

Same here.
Just follow the docs orders. No lifting at all for a while, and no other strains.
I remember almost no pain.
Friends that were macho boys that went home and exerted them selves ended up with a sack of two grapefruits for a few days.
Follow directions and its the best time/money you will ever spend.

NRA Patron
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
They can give you a chill pill before. Your wife can drive you home.
Don't look at the equipment or think about it. Close your eyes and meditate. Take deep, slow breaths and count them.
Think only of your breathing. Disconnect from everything else.

If you don't do it, she may start making you wear raincoats.

The long term pain and ED are probably psychological. Knew a guy who lost his "friends" in Vietnam. His wife said his gun still worked fine. Your'e keeping your "friends" and all that wonderful testosterone.

Last edited by Deflagrate; 04/18/17.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I got snipped in 2009 and was on an international flight two days later- no issues. Just do it.

"I didn't realize we had so many snipers in this country." by J23
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by MIKEWERNER
Back in 1997, I drove two friends to the office for the procedure. We all grew up together, they were always good to me and I was as protective of them as a friend could be.

I would say it was a good decision and even if they'd disagree, they're still hanging around all these years later.

They wanted to have proof you got it done? shocked

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Verced is your best friend. No sense in being in pain.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
My father got clipped and immediately drove from MI UP to Ashland, OH to shoot in the big handgun matches. Won Overall Tyro and all but one of the trophies.

Then drove home and never slowed down.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
I've had three vasectomies (seriously). Nothing to it unless novacaine/lidocaine, etc. does not work for you.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by MIKEWERNER

They wanted to have proof you got it done? shocked

Ummmmm laugh

FJB & FJT
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

How painless and quick the recovery is can vary a lot. For most it's really no big deal but can turn into a pretty big deal for others.

Mine was not totally painless even with local anesthetic. Wasn't bad at all during the first snip but that changed quick when the Dr. got to digging around, pulling and twisting on stuff inside the second incision. Said he was having trouble finding whatever he was supposed to snip on that side. He yanked on some things in there that caused sharp pains in my lower gut area so intense it dang near brought me up off the table. When the Dr. finally found what he was looking for and snipped it out he showed it to me on his gloved finger tip. Looked like a little piece of elbow macaroni. A few stitches and that part was over.

Did it on a Friday went back to work on Monday. Took about a week or so for the most of the swelling and soreness/tenderness to subside. I did not strain, do anything fast, nor make any abrupt movements involving the lower half of my body during that week either and avoided stairs when possible. No regrets though. If I had it to do over I would do it again.

A coworker had it done and developed complications. His bag turned solid black and swelled up like a balloon the pressure causing him constant pain. He had to go some kind of medications and take off several days more from work.

Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

559 members (160user, 12savage, 1badf350, 1234, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 54 invisible), 1,896 guests, and 1,259 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,171
Posts18,523,652
Members74,030
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.