Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
So we have no idea what started this lady crying. We have no idea what happened prior to the camera coming on.

The lawyer that is representing the doctor from the United incident is now representing this lady. He knows a payday when he sees one.

Stupidity is expensive
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
That's what lawyers do!

Deadlines and commitments, what to leave in, what to leave out...
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
assuming from a bit of a clip is about as stupid as the whole incident.

If you think that removing a stroller is tough, think about how tough it would be to remove the passenger and stroller and children.

Just saying...

Was it the most proper way to do it? I"d say not. But saying a steward hit a woman or ALMOST hit a woman is about nuts when it was in process of doing something else...

Folks are to wound up.

On a note, I"d bet she ain't one I"d want to bring home to momma as they say... if you whine and cry about that.

What ever happened to understanding and following rules?

I mean I research before I do things that are new to me...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Those are all good points. And maybe that flight attendant does an outstanding job, 99 percent of the time. However, he got caught on camera acting in a way that neither he nor the airline will be proud of. He has to accept responsibility for that. I know first hand that nobody sees when you do a good job, but when you don't...the whole world seems to be watching.

Deadlines and commitments, what to leave in, what to leave out...
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Private industry...flying isn't a right.

If I owned an airline I'd shut down for 2 weeks then maybe people will appreciate what a privilege a private company is offering them.

When airline transportation first started it was a "special" occasion to ride on an airplane, people actually dressed nice and were courteous to others.

Now people think it's a form of Public Transportation where any Tom, Dick and Harry can do whatever they want.

I've flown a little, even have a fancy pilots license and dealing with the public like the airlines do would suck. No one will ever be happy in today's entitlement society.

IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Thing is, airplanes DO crash on rare occasions. This c*nt decides to fly alone with TWO infants??? I realize people will step up and offer assistance where/when needed, but damn...

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I don't know why posters on here are calling the woman vile names,especially since we don't even know what exactly set her off. It saddens me greatly that I see more and more of this type behavior here on the fire lately. Have we lost all common decency?

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
It is nuts to try to bring a stroller on a plane.
What is the point you can't stroll down the aisle of an airplane with a baby in that stroller. Absurd.

I heard a half dozen accounts of this incident on Sirius radio. All stories began with "The woman was sobbing."
"The woman was in tears."

So what if she was in tears? Good God it is just like when I was in second grade, all a girl has to do is start crying, and the world is supposed to stop turning. Everyone has to stop and attend to the poor crying girl.

Has it ever occurred to people that these girls can turn tears on and off like a spigot? That these girls cry on purpose in order to elicit sympathy.

Crying lady with the stroller: Shut The F*** Up!

I grew up with six sisters, and let me tell you, girls can absolutely turn tears on and off like a spigot. crazy And as for this lady, I'll bet this was her plan all along. Did she actually think the stroller would fit in an overhead bin or under a seat? No, she wanted special treatment.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Bobmar
Those are all good points. And maybe that flight attendant does an outstanding job, 99 percent of the time. However, he got caught on camera acting in a way that neither he nor the airline will be proud of. He has to accept responsibility for that. I know first hand that nobody sees when you do a good job, but when you don't...the whole world seems to be watching.
True, but I"ve been pushed into a corner where I"ve needed to be a bit verbal with a few folks a few times. Sometimes the PR stuff has to go out the window and you have to tell someone how its going to be or else....

I wish I'd have never been put into those instances.

And RE PR.... I talk to folks all day long at the city. In person or on the phone. But the first time you use foul language the discussion ends or I hang up on you. I know its OT...but folks do not have to put up with some stuff from the public regardless. I have a lawyer here in town that its almost a 50/50 shot if I hang up on him if he calls...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
I don't know why posters on here are calling the woman vile names,especially since we don't even know what exactly set her off. It saddens me greatly that I see more and more of this type behavior here on the fire lately. Have we lost all common decency?

If they didnt see the assault that got the cell phones recording, it didnt happen.

Remember: PICS OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN. wink

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
95% of air travelers haven’t a F’n clue how to board or exit aircraft. It shouldn’t be a surprise that you need to have your chit ready to stow when you arrive at your seat and that if you’re doddling you’re holding up the entire plane. It’s really not that hard to fold up the stroller at the end of the jet way, scoop up your kids and plop them in their seat. I can’t imagine trying to wheel a double stroller down an aircraft aisle. Mom was probably all stressed out, kids picked up on that were crying, mom gets further flustered and the c-f rolls on.

That said, if the steward was trained to see a customer who was stressed he could have easily calmed the mom, offered to hold one of the kids, which would have been the quickest way to deal with the issue and would have had mom raving about how wonderful the airline is.

Basically most people are clueless.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
You have that right. 2 folks were likely to blame there. Both for not knowing/doing the right things! But assault? Really?

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
They make a special announcement when they start boarding passengers for folks who need a little extra time or some help in getting on board. They specifically mention folks with little kids. Maybe she got to the gate late? Maybe she was in the bathroom when they called for early boarding? I think they said she was going home to Argentina, so maybe she didn't understand? There's a whole lot that happened before they started rolling film that we don't really know about. When/if the flight attendant yanked the stroller, he was wrong.

Stupidity is expensive
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
How was he wrong if she was on board with what is not permitted? Stupid? Maybe. Wrong? DOn't see that.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Who ever let her by the Plane check-in with a baby in a stroller is at fault, and if she just pushed her way thru, and then the Plane was notified of what was coming down the ramp, then she got everything she deserved. Way too much not shown from the beginning to fault anyone. She could have rushed the boarding pass gate with a bomb in a stroller, thinking a baby on board would save her ass. I think the airline did the right thing. Crocodile tears!

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
They can usually bring the stroller down to the Main Cabin Door but then they have to leave them there to be stowed underneath.

The Flight Attendant was wrong not in what he did as far as insisting that the stroller be stowed under the plane but in how he went about it (according to reports, for what that is worth). If, as reported, he lost his cool and yanked the stroller away, either hitting or nearly hitting the woman and nearly hitting the child, then he was wrong.

Stupidity is expensive
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The commercial airline industry offers a service in exchange for monetary compensation, not a privilege. To suggest otherwise is delusional.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
That fatazz stewardess dared me to bring it on and I'd have flattened him.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I spent quite a bit of time in the interior of Mexico as a young man. I was strongly warned that anytime I went into a cantina in the evening for a beer that I could expect to be frequently challenged to a fight.

Young, drunk Mexican males want to prove how macho they are by starting fights. The winner is more macho, you see.

A gringo is an immediate target of interest. My Mexican friends explained that if I got into a fight, the police would be summoned immediately. Then the gringo (me in this case) would be automatically arrested, regardless of the circumstances.

Once outside, a shakedown by the cop for money or a watch takes place. If the gringo refuses, he goes to jail for the night. If the shakedown is successful, the cop frequently gives a kickback to the bartender or whoever summoned the police.

No matter what, the gringo in that situation is almost always going to lose, one way or another. I was always on my best behavior, and still had a couple of very close calls, being assaulted by young toughs for no reason.

One should be just as careful with their behavior entering today's world of commercial aviation, in the security line, at the gate, and on the airplane.

If anyone starts a fight on an airplane, with a male (or female) crew-member, no matter how they were provoked, I can guarantee that the passenger is going to jail first.

And if the passenger behind you is an air-marshal you will be on the carpet in handcuffs before you know what happened.

With the post 9-11 high-stress security environment everybody needs to behave themselves and follow the rules. It is sad, but not surprising, that some very frustrated airline employees lose their cool sometimes.

You can write them up, or complain after you get off the plane, but threatening an airline employee, or laying a hand on one will get you a quick ticket to jail, and no frequent-flyer miles.

Nifty-250

"If you don't know where you're going, you may wind up somewhere else".
Yogi Berra
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy
Strollers "shouldn't be checked". They MUST be checked. She dragged a double stroller onto the plane, then threw a fit when told she could not and that it had to be checked. Nobody could get on the plane with that in the aisle. She didn't cooperate. Jeebus - She wasn't hit, neither was her child - what the hell is she crying and bawling about? Sit your ass down and shut up.

Follow the friggin regulations!

My thoughts, too.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

100 members (7mm_Loco, 300_savage, 44automag, 450yukon, 23 invisible), 1,449 guests, and 1,024 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,747
Posts18,495,211
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.