-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Been missing your posts somehow Woody..good to see you!

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by byc
That's what makes this so scary. The little twerp has nothing to lose or gain with a single mission in mind.

He certainly does not care about himself or his people. Sad!

He definitely doesn't care about his people. I think he craves absolute power above all else, but I don't think he's nuts. His actions mirror every other little dictator I can remember seeing film of, Kadaffi, Noriega, Hussein, Castro, Ayatollah Assaholla etc. They all say and do the same "crazy" things in front of their people.

But I think he's got everything to lose. While he appears Crazy, it's all a show to put on the national TV to rally his cause.

The guy went to school in Switzerland, he knows what's up. Right now he's King of the Universe in North Korea, the Koreans actually pray to the Kim Jong family. If he loses, he will have nothing. I believe he realizes this and will not risk giving up his dictatorship.

When 25% of your population is directly linked to the military, it's important to put on a good show, and keep the funding going to the right place, otherwise they'll collapse.

I'll be surprised if he doesn't cave at the last minute..

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks Tom, took a little CF vacation was refreshing and got a bunch of honey do projects completed. grin

You better be afraid of a ghost!!

"Woody you were baptized in prop wash"..crossfireoops

Woody
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by byc
That's what makes this so scary. The little twerp has nothing to lose or gain with a single mission in mind.

The little twerp has everything to loose. There's a vast disparity between Kim's reality and the reality of 99% of N. Koreans. Kim's so deluded by his rearing, education and conditioning that he's ill prepared to anticipate his own weaknesses. This is further compounded by how the regime has fundamental undermined its minion's reporting function. Kim has wholly overvalued his military and industrial strength. Trump's turning up the heat compels Kim to simultaneously push his regime's military/industrial and political capabilities beyond their capacity toward inevitable failure and collapse. Trump's plan is to continue to dictate the pace. The bet is that Kim never comes up with the $200 and manifests his own demise willst trying.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by byc

Not to mention the whole psychopath thing.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
IC B2

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I sure hope you guys are right because he has to know that if he does this he will die. One way or another he will lose. Surely he knows that.

Even remotely knows..... Just not convinced he values life at all.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That's a dangerous game, never push a rabid dog into a corner...just shoot him in the head.

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Bwana_1
That's a dangerous game, never push a rabid dog into a corner...just shoot him in the head.

Thinking that will and likely should happen regardless.

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
There's no better blinder for mortality than youth and inexperience. I doubt death is even peripherally on Kim's radar. His minions/advisors on the other hand, it's all they think about, but they're painted into a corner and have always been painted into that same corner.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

My bet is that the first missile has his name all over it.

If nobody else is killed, he needs to be the one to go.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

I hope you're right, his people hate him...fear his wrath, he is the only one that needs to meet his maker.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Kim's not a rabid dog. He's a young dictator who overestimates his regime's strength, the feedback he's getting about the condition and capability of his military and industrial capacity, and his own immortality.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by byc
I sure hope you guys are right because he has to know that if he does this he will die. One way or another he will lose. Surely he knows that.

The problem is that this is conditioned behavior. All throughout the Clinton years, and the Bush years and the Obama years, these guys have flaunted, and threatened our country and what did it get them? Usually a payoff of some sort- all carrot and no stick. So, he's just doing what has always worked for them in the past. He's operating under the normalcy bias. Well, there's nothing normal about Trump. If nothing else, I know that much.

MOLON LABE
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

I hope you're right, his people hate him...fear his wrath, he is the only one that needs to meet his maker.

He and his top generals anyway. The captives that are the North Korean citizens have suffered enough.

I'd sure hate to be one of the Americans held by the regime as their clock is ticking down.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by kingston

Kim's not a rabid dog. He's a young dictator who overestimates his regime's strength, the feedback he's getting about the condition and capability of his military and industrial capacity, and his own immortality.

He's dangerous because of his ignorance.

Very dangerous.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot
Originally Posted by byc

The problem is that this is conditioned behavior. All throughout the Clinton years, and the Bush years and the Obama years, these guys have flaunted, and threatened our country and what did it get them? Usually a payoff of some sort- all carrot and no stick. So, he's just doing what has always worked for them in the past. He's operating under the normalcy bias. Well, there's nothing normal about Trump. If nothing else, I know that much.

Exactly, bluff, bluff, bluff, get a cookie. The difference here is N. Korea's been forced to up the ante of their bluff beyond their capability.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The last thing I would want to see is a war over there. What I can offer is that the Korean Peninsula scenario has been war-gamed many times from about 20 different directions. I was part of one a few years back. There were generals and admirals all the way down to the typical weapons officer on a navy ship kind of guy (me). It's hard to imagine a scenario that doesn't get messy, but a lot of thought has gone into it.

Last edited by OutlawPatriot; 04/24/17.

MOLON LABE
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by kingston

Exactly, bluff, bluff, bluff, get a cookie. The difference here is N. Korea's been forced to up the ante of their bluff beyond their capability.

Nobody is forcing them.

His own arrogance and mouth are writing checks his ass can't cash.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
How about a Days of Tunder metaphor. When Robert Duvall's character is asked if he thought Tom Cruise's character could drive, he said, "Oh he can drive. He can drive beyond the limits of the tires, the engine, the car or anything else." This is what we're shooting for. We're in a tough situation with N. Korea that's got to be dealt with. Trump's play has a built in upside, where we could get out of this by only loosing the driver and the car with minimal collateral damage to the track. In this context, Kim, the regime, and N. Korea, respectively. With any luck it will happen during practice and no other competing drivers will be involved.

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If I'm reading you right then we have options....pretty sure that's the purpose of this meeting.

Option 2 after even more peaceful attempts:

ST6 at the ready! Just get it over with. Let those who are pissed (all 2 of them) be pissed.

IOW just get rid of the biggest sponsor on the car. There are many other pizza makers!!

But for sure no more can kicking!!

Last edited by byc; 04/24/17.

Go Nats!!!!

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

564 members (1minute, 264magnum, 06hunter59, 222Sako, 160user, 10gaugemag, 65 invisible), 2,355 guests, and 1,263 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,538
Posts18,491,436
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.