Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Someone will be working late tonight.

[Linked Image]

By Lynn Moore

GRAND HAVEN, MI - A beach in Grand Haven is closed after construction equipment ended up in Lake Michigan.

The beach at Grand Haven State Park was closed to the public Monday, April 24, due to oil leaking out of the heavy equipment, a state park employee said.

A large piece of construction equipment is visible in the water just off the beach. Efforts are underway to remove it from the water.

Link To Story.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ouch.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I came across this one down near Rock Springs WY a couple of years ago. I'll bet it was easier to get out than that one is going to be.
[Linked Image]

Stupidity is expensive
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Snake River Marksman
I came across this one down near Rock Springs WY a couple of years ago. I'll bet it was easier to get out than that one is going to be.
[Linked Image]

Unless it's broke down, I could get that one out.

The one in the lake would take a bit more creativity.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Can't tell in the photo but that one is in the mud. Bentonite mud to be exact. Gumbo. It was in the process of drying up though.

Stupidity is expensive
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Can't tell in the photo but that one is in the mud. Bentonite mud to be exact. Gumbo. It was in the process of drying up though.

Sometimes all you can do is let things dry out.

My big shredder (5000 pounds) spent the winter year before last in a quicksand bog on a ranch I was shredding.

I was lucky the tractor wasn't there too. I was able to unhook and drive the tractor away, and that was iffy. frown

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Someone will be working late tonight.

[Linked Image]

By Lynn Moore

GRAND HAVEN, MI - A beach in Grand Haven is closed after construction equipment ended up in Lake Michigan.

The beach at Grand Haven State Park was closed to the public Monday, April 24, due to oil leaking out of the heavy equipment, a state park employee said.

A large piece of construction equipment is visible in the water just off the beach. Efforts are underway to remove it from the water.

Link To Story.

Well, maybe hiring an Illegal who claimed to have experience , and was willing to work for minimum wage, wasn't a real money saving idea for the county after all...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
That one on the beach is going to be interesting. The sand isn't going to give you a stable base to pull or lift from. I wonder if you can get a barge big enough for a 100ton crane in there and get hooked up to it?

Stupidity is expensive
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
That one on the beach is going to be interesting. The sand isn't going to give you a stable base to pull or lift from. I wonder if you can get a barge big enough for a 100ton crane in there and get hooked up to it?

Knowing the kind of sand that is, and what you can't do in it....

The best bet is to probably disassemble it and carry the pieces to another place for reassembly.

Construction pallets on the beach above it may help some. If they even have any. It'd take a truckload of them, though.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
They are going to have to have divers disassemble it. Or is there that much tide on Lake Michigan?

I guess they could put a coffer dam around it, pump it out and then take it apart. It's going to cost a lot of money isn't it?

Stupidity is expensive
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I guess they could put a coffer dam around it, pump it out and then take it apart. It's going to cost a lot of money isn't it?

Unless they get lucky somehow this may be their only choice. Knowing lake michigan sand, the more you wiggle that Excavator the more it's going to sink.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Bah! Start digging around it and pull the dang thing out!

More iron and longer cables.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
They'll put huge movable "pods" under the on-shore vehicle then winch it up and back.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No problem, just call Todd Hoffman and his boys.
They're Experts. grin

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Keep wiggling till its 3ft under then cover it up?

Stupidity is expensive
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
What if we dig a channel straight behind it 100ft, tow it back then fill in ahead of it. Taper the trench up?

Stupidity is expensive
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 325Abn
They'll put huge movable "pods" under the on-shore vehicle then winch it up and back.

Crane mats

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I would suggest a Corduroy Road. Easy to set up, reusable, and spread the load out on that sand. Wouldn't take more than a truckload of telephone poles, and enough cable to cinch them tightly together.
Then dig it out and pull it clear.

It was interesting to watch while on the set of Army of Darkness, as one large crane, and one small crane, righted and removed a medium sized crane that had over reached while lowering a car into the gravel pit. It tumbled down the slope, upside down.
Removal was slick. Big crane lifted and set medium crane to the pit floor, as small crane spun it upright. Then big crane lifted both cranes out. Fast and practiced maneuver. No motions wasted.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

561 members (17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 160user, 1234, 16gage, 06hunter59, 58 invisible), 2,320 guests, and 1,277 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,400
Posts18,470,126
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.