Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 22 23
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
What is something you've done or experienced that very few people have done?

I'll go first:

We had an Orlando-Denver flight that declared an emergency landing shortly after takeoff, had smoke in the cabin and upon landing hard & heavy in Tampa/St Pete, we got to pop the doors and go out down the slides.

http://www.denverpost.com/2009/09/07/southwest-flight-makes-emergency-landing-in-tampa/

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I got head in the backseat of a car.....her mom was driving.

We were on the way home from a rodeo...in Strasburg, North Dakota.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bubbajay

Atta boy

5 diff chix in one night

Prolly shoulda brought a lottery ticket

Thought I was the chit for a day or 9

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit

Atta boy

5 diff chix in one night

Scheeeidt...

Who aint done that?

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Plane blew a tire on landing after being forced down into Yemen.. 18 hours on the tarmac with folks with AK's looking very nervous at us.. Traveling to most countries that end in "STAN" And I'm still alive LOL.

IC B2

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Depends upon your vision of "Almost nobody else".

If you include the world's population then driving to the grocery store a couple times/wk and filling the cart with whatever looks good at the time is more than the vast majority of the world's population has ever done.

I spent 9 days at the Four Seasons on Bora Bora, again, it depends upon your definition of "Almost Nobody Else".

@ -42F ambient I pulled the battery out of my pickup and put it in my dorm room to warm up.

In 3 different upland bird seasons I killed over 100 wild ringneck pheasants on public land. I'm not a guide and never have been.

I've spent 3 nights @ Kavik river camp going to/from a drop camp caribou hunt.

During an exceptionally high water year I had my 18.5' fishing boat places that had previously only been fished from shore, canoes, or duck boats.

I shot a white-tailed doe @ 732yds with a 243AI/105 A-max.

I've killed 8 elk in 11 years/trips as a DIY non-resident on public land.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Not sure what you mean by almost nobody else, but I did shoot a 9 1/2 foot brown bear in Russia. I've gotten two speeding tickets within four hours and flown out the windshield of a rolling Chevy pickup at 18 years old and lived to tell about it.

Mike

Know fat, know flavor. No fat, no flavor.

I tried going vegan, but then realized it was a big missed steak.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Dullness+P but I, single-handedly (solo not one-handed), spotlighted, captured, banded and drew blood samples from six sage grouse one night in the course of two hours. Pure awesomeness LOL.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I got photobucket to load in under 2 minutes and was able to post it here without a single add popping up.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy
What is something you've done or experienced that very few people have done?

I'll go first:

We had an Orlando-Denver flight that declared an emergency landing shortly after takeoff, had smoke in the cabin and upon landing hard & heavy in Tampa/St Pete, we got to pop the doors and go out down the slides.

http://www.denverpost.com/2009/09/07/southwest-flight-makes-emergency-landing-in-tampa/

I saw the start of a waterfall. Got to see the water as it dropped over the cliff. A dry Cliffside one second and waterfall the next.

Be Polite , Be Professional , but have a plan to kill everybody you meet
-General James Mattis United States Marine Corps

Nothing is darker than a mau mau's moo moo.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Walking out of a remote area I "came around the corner" of the trail just in time to see a landslide and VW size boulder bouncing down the mountain about 10 yards in front of me.

Be Polite , Be Professional , but have a plan to kill everybody you meet
-General James Mattis United States Marine Corps

Nothing is darker than a mau mau's moo moo.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I got a full blood replacement, not transfusion. Received last rites.

So I got that going for me, which is nice.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
H
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
H
I've been blessed with the opportunity to save three people who were near death in two lost in the woods incidents. I've been even more blessed by being able to help lead a few people to the Lord who were lost in the world.....

Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I went into a burning building in my 20's, pulled out two kids. I never found the third. I didn't know anyone in that building.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I shït my pants on a road trip with an old girlfriend and managed to conceal it for 3 hours in the passenger seat. True story.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit

Atta boy

5 diff chix in one night

That reminds me of the horny guy that went to the bar in hopes of going home with a beautiful gal that would rate a "10" on the hotness scale.

The only gal that was willing and available was ugly and fat, so he went home with her. Since she barely rated a "2" instead of a "10", he had sex with her five times to make up the difference.

So, "5 diff chix in one night" is okay, if they were all at least a "2". And as long as nobody got pregnant. That reminds me of some of those Jerry Springer shows where some ghetto youth has gotten three girlfriends walking around pregnant all at the same time.

Nifty-250

"If you don't know where you're going, you may wind up somewhere else".
Yogi Berra
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I pumped out all of my wind-shied wiper fluid and filled the reservoir with gas I siphoned from my old 72 f250 several times one evening. I undid the tubing to the squirters and stuck the end of it in the carb and clamped it down with the air filter lid. Fuel pump had quit, dead deer in the back of the truck, and it was 60 some miles home before the days of cell phones. It would run a bit when I primed it so I just kept priming it with the window wash button. My first plan was to stop at the nearest ranch and call for help, but it worked so good for the first 15 miles, I just kept refilling the washer tank every 10 miles or so, and kept on going. It was all about thumb timing, by the time I got home, I was pretty good at it.

[Linked Image]
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I do a load of interesting things, some that not many others have done, and as others have pointed out, or perhaps, on a global scale, percentage wise "almost nobody" has done.

I have shot a good sized black bear in the ass with a Crossman pump bb gun, with a bb, not a pellet, twice!

I have helped spawn Apache trout.

I have called a badger in to within 8' while fall turkey hunting.

Had a coyote pass 12 yards or so away, between me and a 5x5 bull elk and not know I was there until he got downwind of both of us, same fall turkey hunt. I was stalking the bull for fun (I traditional archery hunt at times and hadn't seen so much as a turkey feather) so I continued my stalk and got to within 17 yards of the bull. (I've never heard anyone tell a similar story, so that counts, right?)

I have watched a wild summer steelhead eat a frog (I know, they don't eat when they leave salt water, yeah, right)

There's a few more interesting things, but I'm sure others have done the same or similar.

Thanks all for sharing your experiences. Seems we have an "interesting" group of folks around here.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
P
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
P
Got cancer of the appendix with a 4cm tumor last year
Odds are about 1 in 6 million.
First question to the oncologist "do you know what the hell you are doing?"

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger,
Except Grizzly's.....they just kill you.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Have shot three species of big game animal at staple-gun range that were determined to do me serious harm... one was a Kodiak bear.

Rode out three true "storms" in Alaskan waters in smallish boats... sustained winds over 100mph...

Sang karaoke right before a World-famous Asian female torch singer... My "singing" sucks!!!!!!!

Killed more than several B&C critters.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 22 23

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

242 members (450yukon, 1_deuce, 338reddog, 10gaugemag, 2500HD, 300_savage, 38 invisible), 2,359 guests, and 1,162 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,386
Posts18,469,698
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.