Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Read his blog, I don't care for black rifles, but he is way off base here. if people want them, that is their bag, just not mine. I won't get Outdoor Lfe anymore becuse of Mister Jim. Les

Zumbo Gone Wild

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I didn't buy it b4 because of Jim...grins

Mark D

"True respect starts with the way you treat others, and it is earned over a lifetime of demonstrating kindness, honor and dignity"....Tony Dungy
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
What an idiot.

Kiss your girlfriend where it smells.......take her to Jersey!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think ole Jim Z has gone to far on this one...
almost sounds like a liberal gun-grabber, sad.

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Adkstalker
What an idiot.

Les ain't that bad..............grin

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Gee..........Thanks I think! grin Les

Don't mind Steelhead, he's SF

Last edited by Violator22; 02/17/07.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Nice to see that folks are finally seeing the light about Dumbo...

WB.

"You set your own goals for success, and when you succeed it don't necessarily mean that you're going to be a big star or make a lot of money or anything. You'll feel it in your heart whether you've succeeded or not." - Roy Buchanan
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
The guides on our hunt tell me that the use of AR and AK rifles have a rapidly growing following among hunters, especially prairie dog hunters.

Well, my hat is off to anyone who successfully hunts prairie dogs with an AK! I might be able to get some Lemmings, but not prairie dogs.

I think Jim could have done better than that article. AR's are being built into some incredible rifles, and now there are some interesting caliber choices (even some interesting color choices grin).

Cussing Jim out on his blog probably won't help much, either in straightening Jim out, or for making the point that AR's are the rifle of choice for many thoughtful committed sportsmen.

I don't own an AR, but I'm planning on changing that before the next election. wink

Sycamore

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yeah, He is out there on this one.. crazy

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
He has his thoughts, but saying they shouldn't be out there is just too much. Black rifles have their place, right there in the hidey hole for my house to keep boy on hormone overdrive and blacksuits from the house. les

IC B3

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O

I think he's working on being a sammich with Sara Brady and Hitlery Klinton. Don't THAT just make for a horrific mental image?!

"The Bigger the Government, the Smaller the Citizen" - Dennis Prager LINK

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Below are the comments that I left on the linked blog for that idjit.

Moron! After reading what you have to say on this subject that is the only word that is appropriate. To have a supposed supporter of the shooting and hunting comminity using terms like "terrorist rifle" it will be a wonder if we are able to preserve our 2nd amendment rights in the future. (BTW dumbass, how many terrorists have you seen fielding an AR-15 anyways? They are most commonly found with AK-47's, another "assualt rifle", but I'm sure that you knew that, didn't you??????)

I could care less about using one of these rifles (notice the lack of an "assualt" or "terrorist" preceptor, not bad for someone whom is not an overpaid poster boy for the industry ehh?) for hunting myself. But, I at least have the brainpower to realize that we should not be giving the anti's any fuel to their way of thinking. We (as in the shooting and hunting community, sorry to keep having to spell things out, I just want to make sure that your simple mind is following) need to support one another in our endevours, irregardless of whether or not we choose to do things the same way or not. As long as it is legal, we can not afford to look down our noses at the way that our friends do things or pretty soon none of it will be legal. Please think before you go flapping your gums. Good day sir (and I use that term very loosely).

Last edited by OH_MD_Hunter; 02/17/07.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Redistribute my work ethic, not my Wealth!!!!!
Campfire Regular
Online Happy
Campfire Regular
Here's what I wrote there:

So am I a terrorist because I enjoy bobcat hunting with an AK-47? What's so wrong with hunting with a reliable gun that makes clean kills? Isn't that what hunting is all about?

Posted by: Maser | February 17, 2007 at 11:18 PM

I'm Libertarian for these 3 reasons:

1.) I'm American
2.) I'm not insane enough to be Democrat
3.) I'm not wussy enough to be Republican

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I really got a kick out of the hate mail. Zumbo deserves it this time. How can it be he hunts all this time and has only seen one AR or derivative afield? Well, that's because all his hunts are guided and so few normal people hang with big-cheese TV hunters. Hmmmm?
Zumbo should be ashamed of himself...now the question is, will he apologize or pull a Bill Arkin (the WaPo homeland security blogger that said our troops should feel lucky not to be spit on).

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I agree with him, if I never see a "black" rifle again in the hands of a civilian wannabee it will be too soon.

Life's too short to hunt with an ugly gun.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It's a publicity stunt gone bad.

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I hunt all the time and I have never seen a woman hunting alone, though I have heard it is done. Ain't never seen anyone hunting with an AR either, but I hear tell it is done also.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by RickBin
It's a publicity stunt gone bad.

I believe that to be correct.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hmmmm
Isn't Jim Zumbo that fella in the newspapers cartoons?
I never felt the need to own an AR until after 9/11, then I bought an AR10T. I don't think I'd like to haul that rifle around the hills here in Virginia. So I did what any intelligent fella would do, I bought another AR10 in the standard, lighter configuration.
Still don't think I'd like to hunt with it.
Jim

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Zumbo nails it when he says "I didn't have a clue'.

I have never found his writing particularly good. I won't be reading any more of his crap.

Sam......

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 1minute, 22250rem, 1badf350, 2500HD, 66 invisible), 2,454 guests, and 1,249 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,949
Posts18,519,215
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.