Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BradArnett
Having had a 6mm rem when he was younger, my dad was feeling nostalgic and had an 1-8" 6mm built on a rem SA at the same time I was building my first 243AI, also on rem SA.... and it was ok with lighter bullets but when it he tried to load good, high bc, bullets he ran in to problems in the mag box. My 243AI would run the 105vld at the same speeds his 6mm would.......but mine wasn't a single shot. lol. Personally I feel that the 243AI is a better mousetrap and does everything the 6mm does without any magbox issues. I wouldn't take a 6mm rem if it was given to me. Whom I kidding, I would probably take it and just have it rechambered to 6-284. laugh

This only applies if you limit yourself to M700 actions. The 6mm fits great in a Mauser.

The 2.8" magbox of the Rem is so limiting I don't understand why they are so popular?

Even a Savage has a 3.0" mag box, that is what I used to build my 260, back when the Creedmoor was just building popularity.

I guess the M700 is good for 22/250 or 243, and maybe a 6.5 Creed?

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This only applies if you limit yourself to M700 actions. The 6mm fits great in a Mauser.

Yup....my 6mm Rem is built on a VZ-24....it's truly a spectacular firearm. It shoots 55 grain BTs at close to 4,000 FPS and doubles as a deer rifle with 100 grain soft points.

When it comes to versatility.....this rig has it in spades.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
We have two Remington 600 rifles in 6mm Remington. This combo is by far one of my favorites. l like to see others still using the 6mm Remington too.

Last edited by StrayHorse; 04/06/18.
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
I recently got a line on a Rem Model 760 Gamemaster in 6mm. I'm picking it up this weekend.

Anybody have one of these? Anything to watch out for?

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Anything to watch out for?

Yep. Watch out for coyotes.

Camp is where you make it.
IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Watch out for your safe to have room for more. The damn things are addicting.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by tzone
Watch out for your safe to have room for more. The damn things are addicting.

haha

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I recently got a line on a Rem Model 760 Gamemaster in 6mm. I'm picking it up this weekend.

Rooster...do you mind letting me know how much you had to give for it? You can PM me if you don't mind telling me. Reason is, a local pawn shop has a very nice one in 6mm. I had seen on another site where a gentleman from another state was looking for one. The pawn shop was asking for 500 for the rifle/scope (middle of the road quality if I remember correctly). I let the guy know about it. He had actually been through the local town and had seen the rifle but in his opinion, and mine as well, 500 was too much for it. This gentleman owns a business with a FFL and he passes through this town on business so him buying it will not be difficult. I let him know last week that the shop had finally come down on the rifle to 380. He said he would check it out when he comes back through. So I was just curious is this new price is close to being about right? Thanks-Eddie

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I would buy all of em I saw for 380

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

The only other one I know was owned by my uncle....it was stamped .244 Remington....probably owned by one of his sons now. $380 wouldn't touch this one.

Last edited by vapodog; 04/06/18.
IC B3

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I like pics of young hunters!

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by vapodog

The only other one I know was owned by my uncle....it was stamped .244 Remington....probably owned by one of his sons now. $380 wouldn't touch this one.

I have a friend who had a 760 in 6mm Rem when I lived in La. We both have moved and haven't seen him in @ 3yrs. I don't know if he still has it or not.

I have a Rem Model Six in 6mm Rem. It's not for sale and $700.00 would not touch it IF it were for sale. ( I like it )

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Ruger77Shooter

Rooster...do you mind letting me know how much you had to give for it? You can PM me if you don't mind telling me. Reason is, a local pawn shop has a very nice one in 6mm. I had seen on another site where a gentleman from another state was looking for one. The pawn shop was asking for 500 for the rifle/scope (middle of the road quality if I remember correctly). I let the guy know about it. He had actually been through the local town and had seen the rifle but in his opinion, and mine as well, 500 was too much for it. This gentleman owns a business with a FFL and he passes through this town on business so him buying it will not be difficult. I let him know last week that the shop had finally come down on the rifle to 380. He said he would check it out when he comes back through. So I was just curious is this new price is close to being about right? Thanks-Eddie

Real close. I paid $375.00

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S

Real close. I paid $375.00

Very nice

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
[quote=Rooster7]I recently got a line on a Rem Model 760 Gamemaster in 6mm. I'm picking it up this weekend.

Thanks Rooster! I really appreciate it.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
No Problem Ruger!

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Right now it's wearing a big overgrown 6-24 x 42 AO Barska scope that it came with. I'll probably pick up a 3-9x40 Redfield Revolution for it.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Thanks Scott

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Thanks Scott

Shoot up a pic if/when you can.

I've seen a grand total of ONE 760/7600 in the 6 years I've lived here. It was a 2nd year 760, not drilled/tapped in 30/06.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Thanks Scott

Shoot up a pic if/when you can.

I've seen a grand total of ONE 760/7600 in the 6 years I've lived here. It was a 2nd year 760, not drilled/tapped in 30/06.

The only pic I have right now. Right after I brought it home. This belonged to a childhood friends Dad who, unfortunately, had his life cut short by an inattentive driver last summer.

[Linked Image]

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

531 members (222Sako, 10gaugemag, 1Longbow, 12344mag, 1941USMC, 22250rem, 63 invisible), 2,902 guests, and 1,240 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,803
Posts18,536,615
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.