Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Needed for what.... continuation of elitist attitudes in a gold ole boys club?

The vast majority of average Joe bowhunters could care less about clubs like the P&Y Club which are run by and predominately comprised of elitists, doctors and lawyers and in a few cases the biggest violators of game laws like Jack Snow.

You can have and keep the P&Y and PBS.

GB1

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Thanks. We will and you can start your own club.

Proud elitist (that is high praise indeed)

Member Wisconsin Bowhunters Assc, Wisconsin Traditional archers, Pope and Young, Asbhy 100,
T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Originally Posted by Ghostman
The P&Y club as well as the PBS needs to join the 21st century and give up the elitist attitudes. Times, equipment and laws change. Clubs need to also.

LOL!

I dont know your definition of elitist but I'm sure both would more than likely let you join.

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
If he uses a human powered bow that is drawn with only human strength at the time of the attempt on game.

Boy, that sure does sound "eliteish"

Member Wisconsin Bowhunters Assc, Wisconsin Traditional archers, Pope and Young, Asbhy 100,
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
We have been swamped here getting ready for the 3 day event on top of all the other tasks we have going on here as well as the release of the new drop away arrow rest.

Tomorrow afternoon, my son and I will head up state to set up our vendor booth.

The weather looks great.This should be a wonderful gathering of eliteists (Im really liking that word) wink

IC B2

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Elitist= beau hunter.

Wipe your chin.

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
High praise indeed. The venu will be packed with all manner of bowhunters and bowhunting related activities.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Wow...what a tool. I'm glad most real bowhunters don't actually behave like sharpthings...

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Hope to see you there. Its going to be a blast. Bring your bow (if you bow hunt)

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Today "Elitists" from all around the country will begin to arrive for this 3 day celebration of the greatest sport ever. My youngest boy and I will head up later today with our vendor booth and begin setting up.

IC B3

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Originally Posted by sharp_things
Today "Elitists" from all around the country will begin to arrive for this 3 day celebration of the greatest sport ever. My youngest boy and I will head up later today with our vendor booth and begin setting up.

Post some pics when you get a chance. Are you going to be stuck in a vendor booth the whole time or will you be checking out some of the shoots?

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Normally, Im tethered to our booth and am swamped so I dont get to take in much of the events we vend at. I check things out before and after hours. I will have some help at this event so I might get a chance to use the restroom. During the inaugural P&Y (elitists) rendezvous in 2016 I pretty much missed all the activities.

As a thank you to vendors, there is a special archery shoot tonight and a cookout. Im not sure if I will partake. Either way they place will be crawling with real bows and arrows and elitists as far as the eye can see.

America is great. Bowhunting is great. Perhaps the crossbowers will stop by to see what its all about and they will take up the sport of bowhunting.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Elitists.....guess I don't make the grade because I hunt with other weapons too....

I do have a few bow kills under my belt though....;)

Luck....is the residue of design...
[Linked Image]
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Oh I hunt with other weapons as well but I make the bow and arrow my primary weapon of choice. Ive only taken 125 deer with a bow, a half dozen bear and some larger game as well as small game with a bow but I really like the term "Elitist" I think its a badge of honor and a laudable term and one other seem to strive for (ie they dont think themselves at that level yet)

I like to hunt with a homemade bow I crafted and use arrows I make with feather I turn into fletching from turkey I kill and broadheads I make myself from old saw blades.Its satisfying to kill deer and bear with that homemade gear (that make one ultra elitist) and we do these thing solely to laud it over over folks to make them feel bad or unworthy or inadequate. (or at least you would think so since they get all pissy when they learn of it)

but I also hunt with a compound bow for larger game. I dont however hunt with a crossbow as that is not bowhunting and holds no interest for me. Im sure that sort enjoys what they do and I am ok with them doing that but Im an elitist bowhunter which allows me to look down upon the crossbow with haughty derision while shaking my head and smirking in disapproval in an elitist fashion. Being a bowhunter allows me to do that. grin

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I dig that any critter that is 3-4 years old pretty much has a spot in “the book.” High standards for the elites. 😂

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Dropped off most of our vendor booth stuff in the vendor tent this afternoon. Then they feed all the vendors a nice meal. Got to meet some great folks. Elitist Bowhunters are just good people.

[Linked Image]

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
OMG you're a vendor?

That is just so awesome. Maybe you can tell us just how awesome it is?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Its pretty awesome. Thanks for asking. wink

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
All set up and people are starting to arrive. I always question the Friday portion for 3 day weekend shoots since people work for a living and but it gives the vendors a chance to interface. Already this morning I picked up a new client needing design engineering, 3D printing/prototyping, life testing on a couple hunting products dos its already a win. Last time I vended here I picked up a catalog outlet that carries one of my products so these events are always a positive.

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Some images from the welcome packet. The numbers of elitists is increasing. wink

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

82 members (6mmbrfan, 257_X_50, 808outdoors, 2500HD, 7mm_Loco, 257robertsimp, 6 invisible), 1,399 guests, and 850 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,118
Posts18,483,510
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.