Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Well, that’s a wrap folks. My last day in the office May 24th this week. Since 1979 the Boeing Company has provided me many career opportunities.

I had 7 careers spanning 33 service years with the company enduring 1 lay-off, 2 warn notices, 2 Union strikes.

In chronological order—Bench mechanic , Machinist, Jig Builder, (’79-81) Flat pattern Template maker, NC programmer/Tool Designer, Engineering Application Analyst (CATIA V4 and V5) and finally a Senior IT Project Manager.

My hands and brain have touched the 707, 727, 737, 747, 767, 767 Tanker, Plane “581” (Stealth B2 Bomber), 777, and 787 airplane programs in one job or another.

Many people who had faith in me where I had little, gave me those opportunities. I thank the Lord for those opportunities.

And now it’s time to move onto the next phase of my life with my wife Laura. I’ve really enjoyed my careers and I feel blessed having had worked with a bunch of brilliant folks at the Boeing company.

Would I do it over again differently? Absolutely not!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

GB1

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Congrats to you Brian.

Pride in one's employer has become a rare thing these days and it's good to see it can still exist. Sounds like they treated you fair.

Enjoy retirement and GFY.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
cool to throw in the employee id

congrats, its rare to see someone today going almost end to end with the same company

My company sold Ideas software to Boeing in the late 80's and 90's

Last edited by KFWA; 05/21/18.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Rockin’ that Mullet! Even got a pin for being a Pimp..😀

Congratulations..

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have a good friend here in Dallas at Boeing, working in IT, that has spent a bit of time working in Washington. Sure you two know each other.
Congratulations.

Last edited by 65BR; 05/21/18.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by deflave
Congrats to you Brian.

Pride in one's employer has become a rare thing these days and it's good to see it can still exist. Sounds like they treated you fair.

Enjoy retirement and GFY.

Yup GFY Brian!

Enjoy retirement and do what ever you feel like anytime you feel like it!

Congratulations.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well lived, sir. Enjoy retirement!

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
Sportsdad60: Congratulations on your career and your retirement!
I often think how my life would have been different had I stayed with Boeings instead of being lured into Law Enforcement.
I have numerous friends who worked for and retired from Boeings.
Also my grandmother, grandfather, father, mother, older brother, younger brother, two sons and a few cousins worked for (and some still do!) Boeing Aircraft Company.
I hope you have lots of stock in the Boeing Company and have a long and joyous retirement!
Again congratulations.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good for you! I put in 40 years and a week at C&P/Bell Atlantic/Verizon. While they certainly pissed me off from time to time (as did our union), overall I think they made good business decisions and compensated me well for my efforts. In turn, I did a good job for them, going over and above when necessary. I worked through the era that encompassed electro-mechanical switching through electronic switching, metallic facilities through fiber optics at speeds that curl your hair. Worked in MD, DC, and VA, civilian, government, and even a bit in the Pentagon. Had a blast for the most part and am now enjoying a generous retirement package made possible by good businees decisions and a union that (mostly) looked out for the folks it represented, a healthy balance, rare these days it would seem. Got out at 58 via a generous buyout package and am having a blast. Fortunately, I moved to a good place to retire 20 years before it actually happened.

All the best to you. Take time to get your bearings and then live it up. There's no guaranteed time allotted to any of us. Trust me, being retired will exceed your expectations!

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Have fun now!

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B3

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Thanks fellas!
We're selling our home here in WA state next year and moving to our 6 acres of heaven overlooking Flathead Lake in Montana, where we got married 28 years ago.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Congrats and best wishes on your retirement.

Figures don't lie, But Liars figure
Assumption is the mother of mistakes
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Congrats, I have 32 weeks left. Then every day is a Saturday.

What are you gonna do when you retire? What ever I want to, but I probably won’t start any of that cshit until after lunch!!!!

Last edited by hanco; 05/21/18.
V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
Sportsdad60: If you are ever down SW Montana way please look me up.
My nearest neighbor worked for 41 years at Boeings in the Renton/Kent/Bellevue areas and then moved to Montana and worked from his home here for 3 more years.
He holds the prestigious status of being a "Boeing Technical Fellow"!
His stock in the company went up in value $600,000.00 - last year alone!
Yeah maybe I should have stuck with the "Lazy B" come to think of it?
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Congratulations Brian.

As a former Boeing employee, what kind of water cooler talk can you tell us about "Mr. Hands"?

I'm here to increase my social credit score and rub elbows with some of the highest rollers on the internet.
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Haha Drypowder! Well, I can tell you this much, IT today stands for "India Transition". It's a good time to be FROM the IT group in Boeing.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Congrats and best of luck! Enjoy every minute of retirement. You earned it.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Congrats and thank you! When my grandma died she left me a bit of money and because she lived in Seattle and was always proud of Boeing, I bought Boeing stock. That little bit of money turned into my hunting cabin and land in Montana. Plus, of all the products America produces, Boeing aircraft and other products are probably the pinnacle of our industrial and engineering excellence.

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Congratulations on a long and successful career. Lakeside is a fine little community and I suspect you will enjoy it. I lived there off & on for several years.

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Remsen
Congrats and thank you! When my grandma died she left me a bit of money and because she lived in Seattle and was always proud of Boeing, I bought Boeing stock. That little bit of money turned into my hunting cabin and land in Montana. Plus, of all the products America produces, Boeing aircraft and other products are probably the pinnacle of our industrial and engineering excellence.

Excellent!
Yes, Boeing Stock has allowed me to retire in my 50's!

Thank you gents! Appreciate it!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

547 members (257 roberts, 1234, 270wsmnutt, 29aholic, 160user, 1lessdog, 69 invisible), 2,373 guests, and 1,177 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,576
Posts18,532,115
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.