Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
G
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
G
I shoot a lot of heads, because I can and like to tinker. Here is my number one tip. When you get your bow get it from a good archery shop, and have it tuned well, and know about tuning. From Magnus to Razor Caps etc, I never had any issues with broad heads, from a tuned bow. With that said, hard to go wrong with the Wasp Boss `125 grain. I do not know if they are still being made, that is why I have 3 pack of them. Shot a nice sheep with them, 35 yards 53lb bow, blew thru the shoulders.....

I like a solid coc head on hogs, and favor the Magnus Buzz Cut........ get a head that flies well, and is sharp, put it in the boiler room, and you will be fine.....

If you go the mechanical route, my advice is shoot enough poundage, and for me, that would be 60lbs or better, and shoot the heaviest arrow, you can and it will open up animals like a can opener. When you see no penetration on these things, the arrows I am sure are too light...

GB1

G
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
G
Well the guy asked a question, and of course, it not only went silly, it got ugly, and the moderator is not doing his job. Just what I would want some young kid to see. what a shame, actually thought we would talk about hunting. I will go back to the hunting beast for awhile, where they actually talk hunting.........

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
But he is soooo nice in person. He loves to stir and cause confrontation.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by sharp_things
Originally Posted by MallardAddict
Originally Posted by sharp_things

Bowhunters are the best deer hunters. That is a self evident truth.

Says the guy who got a baiting ticket for sluicing a spike off a corn pile.

Sluicing??????? What language is that?

Is that Hebrew?? Yiddish? wink Its gotta be since Ive never received a ticket for anything related to a spike buck. I did however get a ticket in 2012 for feeding deer prior to the gun opener.
It's a piss poor hunter that feels any need to feed deer. Feeding them where it's illegal is the work of a poacher. BTW I bowhunted for several years back in the 90's after 20 years of killing them with rifle, shotgun, handgun and muzzleloader. Didn't find it too terribly difficult. Took my first bow killed deer on opening day of my first archery season and one every year thereafter. I quit bowhunting because it took too much time away from my bird/waterfowl/small game hunting, which is just what I prefer to be doing at that time of year..

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by groundhunter
Well the guy asked a question, and of course, it not only went silly, it got ugly, and the moderator is not doing his job. Just what I would want some young kid to see. what a shame, actually thought we would talk about hunting. I will go back to the hunting beast for awhile, where they actually talk hunting.........

LOL. You poor gals sure sore azz easy.

IC B2

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (10gaugeman, 1lessdog, 1Longbow, 1936M71, 1800topsoil, 007FJ, 64 invisible), 2,448 guests, and 1,294 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,692
Posts18,494,109
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.