Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
[Linked Image]

GB1

DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Wasn't it Lady Bird who said: Courtesy is contagious.

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by hanco
[Linked Image]

Thank god we dont have any of those!

I am MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You get paved roads first, Jim.

laugh

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
This is the latest rage in Florida..............

[Linked Image]

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
For a look at driving the harder way, try Ireland... most roads are absolutely too narrow for a pickup truck to pass a compact car in opposite directions...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by muffin

[Linked Image]

Seems like I've been through an interchange like that...somewhere, but can't recall just where it was. Kinda freaky seeing all the oncoming traffic coming at you from the wrong side.

It does seem to me that they're going nuts with interchange designs these days. The DFW area has a bunch of new crazy schitt like that the last few years.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by hanco
Neither do SOB’s getting on the freeway!

Those dickwads missed the "merging" part during driving school.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 5sdad
And then you have the morons who somehow got an engineering degree who design situations where you have some people entering from a clover leaf (accelerating) and those exiting onto a clover leaf (decelerating) are supposed to co-exist in the same lane.

The west mixmaster I 35, I 80 and I 235 Des Moines. What a cluster $<"(

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Have any of you been on I-5 through Portland? A total disaster and no practical way to fix it. You have a 2 lane freeway with enough traffic to fill 6 lanes. The exchanges are hellish.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
The biggest issue I see is that most don't know how to accelerate on the ramp. Ramp traffic should be traveling at the same speed or above highway speed before they merge, increasing their speed to fit in where they can. Makes merging easy most of the time unless lane traffic is very heavy.

Too many wait to accelerate until after they get onto the highway causing disruption. It ain't hard, The gas pedal is the one on the right. Floor the dam& thing if you have to. I get it that semi's and some truck types can't accelerate like that and I give them special consideration when in the traveling lane, but if some guy is trying to merge and going 10 mph slower than me he is going to have to wait to get out. Slamming on my brakes in a travel lane is dangerous if I am blocked from moving left, especially on my bike. The Yield sign means something and the folks on the highway have the right of way.

Luke 22:36
εγώ δεν θα συμμορφωθεί
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Whelenman
Mean get the hell out of my way I'm coming through!

On the way out West we ran into this 4or 5 times! I was driving down the highway pulling the trailer, in the right lane, with a semi or car on the left side. When a car tried to enter the highway. Every time they acted like I should slow up or something. One black woman yelled profanity a T my wife. I don't get it. If I had room, I'd move over, but I didn't?

My rant for the day!

You have absolutely no requirement to modify your driving habits due to the speed, steering abilities, position, or any behavior of any other drivers you consider to be idiots.

Just go ahead and hit them, or let them hit you, and let us know how that works out for you.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
We could also use one of these while in that kind of traffic. [Linked Image]

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by kid0917
The lug nut rule..... vehicle with the most...., wins.

laugh ^^^THIS^^^ LOL..... that's hilarious............I did that twice when I was a truck driver. The car lost both times. It ripped them open like a tin can. It's funny as schit now, that I think back on it. One time it was the car's fault and one time it was my fault. Both times I was barely moving. Once at a stop light and once in a bumper to bumper traffic jam.

Last edited by StoneCutter; 10/27/18.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

[Linked Image]

We have something similar to this at the next interchange from my office. Ours is a little different though. Right after they built the thing, a drunk woman at night got going the wrong way on the interstate and had a head on with a tractor trailer.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
We mostly let people in around here, but I do get irked when lots of them buy this peanut cars with the mini motors that merge at about 50 mph on a 70 mph road. My pet peeve is when people pull out in front of you on a four land divided highway and you need to quickly change lanes to avoid rear ending them. Sure, they could see that there was no car in that left lane for you to pull into, but you had best determine that real quickly for yourself. I drove all over three states for my job and there was only one 30 mile section north of Green Bay where drivers did that routinely.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Whelenman
Mean get the hell out of my way I'm coming through!

On the way out West we ran into this 4or 5 times! I was driving down the highway pulling the trailer, in the right lane, with a semi or car on the left side. When a car tried to enter the highway. Every time they acted like I should slow up or something. One black woman yelled profanity a T my wife. I don't get it. If I had room, I'd move over, but I didn't?

My rant for the day!

There's many people these days that don't seem to have the a single clue as to how to drive in situations like these.

I do note though that with immigration from other parts of the world where owning a bicycle or a donkey makes you a big shot, it doesn't surprise me at all. Up here in the great white north, their inept driving is complicated by snow and ice in the winter.

My wife says I drive too aggressively. I don't think so. I'm trying to not allow the dumb asses any opportunity to cause an accident. If they are intimidated and keep ou of the way, so much the better.

People would rather risk causing an accident than follow the rules of the road. If you are missing your turn, drive past and circle back around, don't risk an accident by doing an emergency lane change and dive for the exit ramp. Like I said dumb asses abound these days. Grrrr.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hijacking a little bit, who in hell came up with the flashing yellow left turn arrow at a stop light. I waited my turn, I should get a green light and not have to try and sandwich myself in between oncoming traffic.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

[Linked Image]

Newest overpass on Macleod Tr S in Calgary is this. It's called a "Diverging Diamond Interchange". Many people don't like it, but it is right outside the station I work out of, so I drive it several times a day. I don't mind it.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
I would fall off of that sonofabitch.

I am not a very good driver on pavement.

I drifted a stolen Winnebago around a dirt track one time. Crowd loved it.

Those kinds of skills are no good in the city.

Last edited by Jim_Conrad; 10/27/18.

I am MAGA.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

116 members (44mc, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 325wsm1, 35, 11 invisible), 12,487 guests, and 1,133 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,229
Posts18,544,010
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.