-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Just got this from Parker Bows, they had nice bows but I guess they could not keep up with the competition? I believe they were the first to offer life time warranty on limbs?

Dear Sir or Madam:
Parker Bows has made the difficult decision to cease operations. We have explored what we believe to be all possible options to continue operations in one form or another but to no avail. It has truly been an honor to have been a part of your hunting seasons for over two decades. And it is hard to put into words what your loyalty and support has meant to us.
Effective as of the date of this email (December 17, 2018), all Parker and Red Hot branded products sold will be without a warranty regardless of statements on the packaging or in owner’s manuals. We will make every effort to honor existing warranty claims for items received at our Staunton, Virginia headquarters on or before December 31, 2018.
Before returning any item for warranty service, please call 540-337-5426 to speak with a customer service representative and obtain a Return Authorization Number. Items received after December 31, 2018 will be refused.
As we wind down our operations, please check our website, social media pages, future emails and with your local dealer for special offers and announcements.
Thank you,
Tom Woodworth

Last edited by nimrodtracy; 12/17/18.

It is not about what you kill, it is about the hunt....
GB1

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Been a Bowhunter for 42 years. Don’t believe I have seen a Parker bow.

NRA Patron
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by dale06
Been a Bowhunter for 42 years. Don’t believe I have seen a Parker bow.

When I worked in in pro shop years ago, they came on the market and were the first to offer life time warranty on limbs. At one time they made limbs for many other
brands. Then they started making bows for bass pro and places like that. It would not surprise me if limbs are now mostly made in Asia.

Parker like some of the other smaller company's may not market in all areas of the USA

Last edited by nimrodtracy; 12/18/18.

It is not about what you kill, it is about the hunt....
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Would sure be a tough market to work in. All the patents and infringement suits have about broke all the smaller (and some big ones) companies. Not much that has not already been tried as far as designs with compound bows is concerned.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Well, my one and only limb failure in over 30 years of bow hunting with several brands of bows was on a Parker less than a year old. I was 1200 miles from home in the middle of nowhere Utah. Needless to say, the limb warranty didn't do me any good at the time. Bye bye Parker.

The critters have to win every time, I only have to win once. www.swanspointoutfitters.com
www.lazybar-t.com outfitters
65-43-22-5
IC B2

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
I owned a couple Parker compounds when they first came out, a Buckmaster and a UL35. I harvested several deer with each bow and they always shot and performed great for me. I'm sorry to hear they have gone out of business, there are several guys here locally in NC that shoot them.

Life's Tough, God's Good, Pray Hard!
J
JDK Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
My son was given a Parker bow when he expressed an interest in archery. Killed a lot of deer with it. The only stipulation was that he pass it along to someone else when upgrading. He liked that bow very well and it is now being used by another young man just starting out.

Last edited by JDK; 12/22/18.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
My kid's first bow was a Parker Buckshot. It was a growing bow for kids. It had adjustable draw length and it started with 40# limbs. After a couple of years of adjusting it, I had them put 50# limbs on it. He killed a couple of deer with it. After he grew out of it, I sold it to one of my guys and he got his son started bow hunting with it. The problem with Parker was that none of the bow shops really messed with them.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

202 members (308xray, 300_savage, 16penny, 280shooter, 29aholic, 204guy, 34 invisible), 2,256 guests, and 1,128 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,367
Posts18,488,253
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.