-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My dies are mostly RCBS, with some Hornady and some Redding. I did have one RCBS die that was scratching cases, but that was likely my fault, and they replaced it anyway. No bent stems or failures during use since about 1980.

HR IC

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by barnabus
[quote=Beaver10]Maybe you’re a Dipschit...I didn’t set this die up. But, it’s the 3rd time I received an RCBS die with stem bent. Either those who run RCBS are incapable of properly setting them up. Or, RCBS lacks the strength and integrity to maintain a simple centering of the stem preventing too much lateral movement that if not checked will lead to the picture above.

I’m thinking your too stupid to open you wallet for quality made dies 😎

lol....gosh you are a D*&^ H*&%....,thousands of people use RCBS dies and never struggle as much as you.Its ok snowflake,go to your safe space and throw your temper tantrum. if its the third time its happened to you why do u keep buying them? Sounds like your the one thats broke.

You must be one of those kids who got home schooled and breastfed until you were 8-9 years old because reading comprehension isn’t your thing...Now run along and read my original post once again slowly to yourself. Then you can scream for your mom to come hold you close and sing you a lullaby. You’re a typical Millennial idiot who can’t be bothered to do the work on the front end to understand what you’re actually talking about which makes you an idiot. I’m not shocked! 😎

[/quote You have the mouth of a 11 year old kid. Its so easy to jerk your chain! You cant express yourself without cussing and throwing a tantrum. Its obvious you are either mentally arrested or just a baffoon with a computer. How old are you junior?

Last edited by barnabus; 02/19/19.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
In fairness...do not slight the fact,that she's doing her best,with what incredibly little she has to work with. Hint.

I getta kick outta Boobs being in wayyyyyyyyy over their "abilities" and lamenting same,while pointing fingers.

Have yet to see anyone set dies up correctly.

Hint................(grin)

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
[quote=Beaver10]Maybe you’re a Dipschit...I didn’t set this die up. But, it’s the 3rd time I received an RCBS die with stem bent. Either those who run RCBS are incapable of properly setting them up. Or, RCBS lacks the strength and integrity to maintain a simple centering of the stem preventing too much lateral movement that if not checked will lead to the picture above.

lol....gosh you are a D*&^ H*&%....,thousands of people use RCBS dies and never struggle as much as you.Its ok snowflake,go to your safe space and throw your temper tantrum. if its the third time its happened to you why do u keep buying them? Sounds like your the one thats broke.

You must be one of those kids who got home schooled and breastfed until you were 8-9 years old because reading comprehension isn’t your thing...Now run along and read my original post once again slowly to yourself. Then you can scream for your mom to come hold you close and sing you a lullaby. You’re a typical Millennial idiot who can’t be bothered to do the work on the front end to understand what you’re actually talking about which makes you an idiot. I’m not shocked! 😎

[/quote You have the mouth of a 11 year old kid. Its so easy to jerk your chain! You cant express yourself without cussing and throwing a tantrum. Its obvious you are either mentally arrested or just a baffoon with a computer. How old are you junior?

Reading comprehension fails you once again...There wasn’t any cursing in my last post explaining what might have attributed to your lack of education. Don’t cry now. Remember you are the one who elected to bark like a big dog...This isn’t the classifieds son where you spend 99% of your time. Post up some pictures of your hunting skills junior... This is a place for sportsman to hang out-not just selling wares.

😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I called rcbs yesterday and they were great about sending a replacement foot for a scale I received second hand with a broken foot 10 years ago..
I did call last summer and they were closed due to forest fires.

If you don't like rcbs it's ok. They have been good to me every time I have called.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
She's just mad at her Stupid and for very GOOD reasons.

Hint..............(grin)

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I understand that guys run RCBS and are happy with them. I also can appreciate the level of customer service RCBS provides to their customers with engineers available by phone to answer questions, and replacement of parts when needed, sometimes free of charge...Got all that.

Redding makes a better die and offers the same service as RCBS. 😎

“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Big Stick
She's just mad at her Stupid and for very GOOD reasons.

Hint..............(grin)

You’re awesome Larry and you know it. 😎

“Molon Labe”
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
In fairness...do not slight the fact,that she's doing her best,with what incredibly little she has to work with. Hint.

I getta kick outta Boobs being in wayyyyyyyyy over their "abilities" and lamenting same,while pointing fingers.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Big Stick

I understand after your 100th post above that you like men’s boobs. Larry, we get it. That’s why Fred calls you Sugartits. 😎

“Molon Labe”
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Dies are VERY "tricky".

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Larry’s means of transportation around the Rez 😎

Speed Ball Rink

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8-lg3m4bqTA

“Molon Labe”
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Dies are VERY "tricky".

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I bought RCB equipment when I started reloading in the mid 70's
Never an issue, in fact I had an Automatic priming tool that failed some years ago-- would not automatic anymore--
Called RCBS to buy replacement parts-- was told they were under warranty, even tho they wee bought in the mid 70's.
They sent replacement parts and included new primer tubes and holders.
Never a problem with any dies, scales or powder measures.
When I wanted dies, would shop gun shows for the old ones in good condition, usually at real good prices.
I like "em!

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

Reading comprehension fails you once again...There wasn’t any cursing in my last post explaining what might have attributed to your lack of education. Don’t cry now. Remember you are the one who elected to bark like a big dog...This isn’t the classifieds son where you spend 99% of your time. Post up some pictures of your hunting skills junior... This is a place for sportsman to hang out-not just selling wares.

😎

Sorry junior..I"m of the baby boom generation and headed towards retirement. I recognize children when I see them,Evidently you must have failed reading since your profile says you are a painter? That.s so funny! Takes a real whiz to carry paint buckets,stir paint and drive a ugly van and only work half the year. No wonder you are a raging nut job, I usually pay some Mexican to paint for me but I just might pay you sense I now feel sorry for you. What a douchebag you are. Maybe you need some Vagisil for that irritation your are struggling with today? LOL

Last edited by barnabus; 02/20/19.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I tend to buy Redding these days and have more sets of Redding than all the other brands combined. I've never had a problem with any of the sets so keep buying them. The next most common brand on my shelf is Hornady. I like the tapered expander ball in the Hornady sizing dies. I wish Redding would supply tapered expander balls as standard.

Regarding RCBS quality, my old RCBS hand priming tool finally started getting loose in the plastic inserts bits where the loading tray goes into. The loading tray would slide out and drop primers all over the place. After 20 years use I thought I'd buy another one. Well the new one was complete junk despite looking similar to the one I bought 20 years ago. The plastic insert pieces wouldn't fit into the metal hand piece after fitting the shell holder. The hole through the center of the plastic insert didn't align properly so the metal rod that seats the primer wouldn't slide up. The metal casting of the handpiece looked dodgier, but that's only cosmetic I suppose. It's a pretty simple tool but it just wouldn't fit together and work properly. I had to get a knife and shave bits off the plastic parts but it was still very tight to fit the shell holder in. The whole unit just feels like crap. It's definitely inferior in quality to my 20 year old one.

It's a real shame when old time well respected companies start lowering their quality.

Last edited by Elvis; 02/20/19.
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I've used RCBS equipment since the 70's including 20 something die sets. The only problems I have had were self inflicted. Things like a burden primed case bending a decapping rod, which RCBS replaced for free with no questions ask. I've slowly migrated over to Redding, mostly because RCBS does not state on their boxes the country where they are made. I've loaded lots of ammo with RCBS dies that had near zero runout. I'll not be replacing my RCBS dies even though I have started buying Redding.

lightman
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I run Redding for everything. Never had a problem, ever, period, end of story! Best dies made in there price range. Bold statement but true, even if it’s my truth...RCBS make inferior dies. There tolerances are sketchy. There stems aren’t perfectly centered most of the time. There threads are rough and have a lot of burs that cause binding initially. They just suck!

I’ve bought more rifles where a seller includes his dies usually RCBS Dies and some brass, bullets and what not...And every fricken time I examine a RCBS die it’s got something wrong with it. I bought a few rifles where Redding dies were a part of the deal. Sure they needed to be cleaned but they were in perfect working order...RCBS make cheap schit for reloading....Yes, I feel much better bitching. If you love your RCBS good for you and GFY 😁😎

You're really coming off like a whiny puzzy that has too much internet experience and not enough reloading experience. If you want people to take you seriously around here, grow the fugk up and quit talking like you're 15 years old.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I been loading CF since 1969, have mostly RCBS stuff, had a few problems like most folks most of the problems caused by me. My 1 st set of Redding dies came with a FN sporter in 338-06 ,pulled them a part and cleaned them before using them. lubed up some once fired WW 30-06 and 1 stroke had 338-06 as nice as anyone could ask for. The next set were 6 mm Remington and they worked well too. The last set were for 22-250 Remington and were the worst set of dies I've ever owned. No matter the label on the box sometimes you can just get a bum set, I guess it was my turn, but I wish Beaver 10 would have got them instead of me, I just went back to my old tired looking RCBS ones. Maybe I just send them back to Redding and see if they can fix them. MB

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Beaver10: GFY very much to you to!
I have been using R.C.B.S. reloading dies for right at 60 years now and have produced some WONDERFULLY accurate ammunition using them over that time.
Never had an issue with them like you describe in your initial posting.
Having said that I actively seek out Redding die sets for my new Rifle purchases.
I have never "compared" the use of different brands of dies accuracy wise in a particular Rifle.
I think I just prefer their "finish"?
But again I have preferred the Redding dies for my uses these last 20 years or so.
I have been pleased with the service my R.C.B.S. dies have provided me with particular Rifles - and I have no intention of replacing them with R.C.B.S.
I know lots of gun shop owners and R.C.B.S. out sells Redding by a large margin die set wise.
That fact does not prove (or disprove!) the superiority of one companies dies over the other though.
And this - triple GFY!
Puzzling why the immature types on this forum have to try and offend other CampFirers for no reason what so ever?
Sad.
"Takes all kinds" I guess
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

221 members (12344mag, 2500HD, 325wsm1, 280ACKIMP, 007FJ, 1badf350, 19 invisible), 10,605 guests, and 1,078 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,338
Posts18,546,319
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.