Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Hit by a Dodge 2500 pickup. Wonder if the driver was drunk?

New Hampshire highway collision leaves 7 motorcyclists dead, 3 injured

https://www.foxnews.com/us/new-hampshire-highway-collision-7-motorcyclists-dead-3-injured

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Wonder if the bikers were drunk. Thats all they do where I live, go from bar to bar.

Last edited by Pat85; 06/22/19.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Pat85
Wonder if the bikers were drunk. Thats all they do where I live, go from bar to bar.

Guess that’s a possibility also. But how do you not miss TEN motorcycles?

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
i was hit by a drunk years ago when i was on my Harley ,my bike was a total and his car too. when i seen this picture i get kinda a sick feeling again. God be with them all ! even when you live you live with pain forever from this type of bike accident. just horrible,Pete53

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What a nasty crash. Hard to imagine how something goes that wrong.

IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Reading the comment section said the truck was traveling on the wrong side of the road.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Reading the comment section said the truck was traveling on the wrong side of the road.

The picture in the article showing the truck still burning it sure looks like it's off on the wrong side of the road unless there was some spectacular spin involved.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B

That's the first thing that came to mind when I looked at the photos. There's a fairly wide strip of grass alongside the road that a bike could have used to get out of the way if they had just a bit of time.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Every time I encounter a pack of motorcyclists I'm amazed that they're not all dead.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by deflave
Every time I encounter a pack of motorcyclists I'm amazed that they're not all dead.

No schit.

I am MAGA.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Tragic...........

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RufusG

The picture in the article showing the truck still burning it sure looks like it's off on the wrong side of the road unless there was some spectacular spin involved.

I have been reading comments from different articles that say the bikers were on the wrong side of the road also.
I don't think they really know yet who was at fault.
Many comments have said the truck jack knifed and took out all the bikes with truck & trailer.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

No schit.

Every summer they pile into Montana in packs driving slower than a 90 yr old in a rv. Few things annoy me more than slow a$$ packs of bikers that spread out enough to make it impossible to pass.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A heavy-duty pickup truck pulling a way-long empty trailer. Harleys, often ridden in a compact pack, sometimes in actual pairs. Two-lane road. No reason to believe anyone was drinking.

Close proximity of fallen Harleys leads me to believe they were probably riding in a pack, minimizing the opportunity for evasive action.

That's all I got so far.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P

I always notice when they are in big groups they ride like traffic laws don't apply to them.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Appears to have been on a narrow 2 lane road.

I live on one with several big curves. Every weekend lots of groups of crotch rocket riders race up and down it. And the occasional group of Harley riders. They are usually going pretty slow.

Article mentioned it was a group of Veterans. Wonder how old they were ?

Last edited by chlinstructor; 06/22/19.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Paul_M
Originally Posted by RufusG

I have been reading comments from different articles that say the bikers were on the wrong side of the road also.
I don't think they really know yet who was at fault.
Many comments have said the truck jack knifed and took out all the bikes with truck & trailer.

Yeah I guess all you could conclude is the truck/trailer ended up across the road. How it happened to get there is not clear.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna

I always notice when they are in big groups they ride like traffic laws don't apply to them.

Saw several groups like that going through Colorado and NM as I mentioned as driving there earlier this week.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
looks like a blind curve, bet the truck jack knifed trying to avoid them coming around the curve.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I like motorcycles and have ridden many thousands of miles, took a tour from Georgia out to Colorado and Utah on the BMW one time.
But, I must say, one sunny Sunday I was driving in central Georgia in my car, speed limit 55. Down there the cops give you up to 68 mph.
Everybody on this road goes 65, or so, the slow pokes do 60.

So I got behind a motorcycle group, there were about 17 bikes and they were doing 52 mph. Look I don't care what speed you drive.
But these guys were running two abreast, then a 25 foot space, then one more, then another 30 foot space. They were taking up about 1/4 mile of the road and it was 30 miles to the next intersection.

I waited until I got my chance, there was a spot with an 80 foot gap between the bikes, I passed half of the bikes and cut in to the middle of the pack. It looked like I had kicked over an ant hill they all started waving their arms at me. I had visions of getting into a fight with a motorcycle gang.
In a minute I got my chance and I passed all the bikes.

I must say, these motorcycle guys acted like complete a**holes.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

73 members (6mmCreedmoor, 375sunrise, 257robertsimp, 10Glocks, 14 invisible), 793 guests, and 859 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,977
Posts18,519,906
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.