Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Probably going to be replacing my small tractor.

Going from 45hp to 75hp.

Do you think I'll be able to tell the difference in power?

laugh

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
GB1

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Ha! Years back, I spot sprayed some alfalfa after the last cutting. My father plowed the field later with a IH 1066, and five bottom plow.

He said when he hit the bare ground, he about went off the back of the seat, then nearly hit the steering wheel when he came to the green alfalfa again.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Just finalized the deal on the new tractor.

It should ship from the assembly plant the first part of next week!

Yay!

No more "small" tractors for me, if I can help it! smile

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
So-what did you order?

Always drink upstream from the herd...cowdoc...
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Mahindra 6075 Cab.

They have a fantastic deal on them now. Just under the wire on incentive that ends July 1st. wink

[Linked Image]

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Probably going to be replacing my small tractor.

Going from 45hp to 75hp.

Do you think I'll be able to tell the difference in power?

laugh

Oh HELL yea! Good looking Tractor Barry! Congratulations!

Hope it’s got a good A/C 🤠

Last edited by chlinstructor; 06/28/19.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Neal, they said the a/c is strong on it! smile

My big tractor never falters in summer. It'll run you out, blowing icicles at you..

I think it'll be a good one. Absolutely cannot beat the price. No way no how.

My little tractor that I'm trading in is a tough little guy, but running my 12' batwing, it's weak. A/C on it works... kinda. Glad to send it down the road.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Nice! You'll really like that tractor! Nice loader too

I have a Case-IH about the same size (but 15 yrs old)-it handles a 15' Bush Hog batwing just fine.

I had used a 1066 on the mower before-was concerned the little tractor didn't have enough lead in its butt to handle it. With the MFWD I think it would go anywhere the 10 would- & places you don't need to go. And it burns a LOT less diesel!

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Thanks, Doc!

This one has a new thing... An Ecomony PTO switch that allows for less engine RPM's unless you need to fully engage all the power.

Runs that at 1500 rpm's. Supposed to be a real fuel saver.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
That should work really well if you whacking weeds in a pasture- or something like a sickle mower that doesn't take a lot of grunt.

IC B3

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
That’s a sweet tractor rock! My dad bought a kubota last year but, I think I like the looks of yours better.

Give us a review in a few weeks!

Are you part of the problem or part of the solution?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You should notice a BIG difference. I have a 45 HP New Holland, and power wise it cannot compete with my 80 HP tractor. Of course, the 45 HP doesn't weigh anywhere what the other one does either.

Hope you like the Mahindra.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Looks like it will be nice. Keep us updated.

I run a CIH 110 quite a bit in the summer and I feel like it never has the kind of "power" that it should for its rating. Compare that to say a JD2950 which always seems like it has more power than its 85hp rating.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
It's always nice to have more HP than you need.

Barry, you could have bought a used JD!

Teasing aside, how is the resale on those machines?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
HP is a funny thing. When I was farming back years ago, I ran mostly Ford tractors, and had a 7700 Ford that was rated at about 85HP. I'm wondering if it didn't have the pump turned up before I got it, because that tractor was a beast. On the other hand, I'd bought a new 5600 which was a 60 HP tractor. Took it back in for a maintenance check, and they checked the HP and said it was putting out almost 70. Had injector pump problems, and they fixed it, and after that you could tell there was less power.

Anyway, it's always nice to have more than you need. There is nothing as bad as a tractor that won't pull what you want it to.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
Looks like it will be nice. Keep us updated.

I run a CIH 110 quite a bit in the summer and I feel like it never has the kind of "power" that it should for its rating. Compare that to say a JD2950 which always seems like it has more power than its 85hp rating.

I run a 100hp Case as well. Power in on par, but the loader seems a bit weak.

This new Mahindra will lift more with the loader and the three point at 75hp than my Case at 100hp... crazy

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by SamOlson

Sam, down here, resale is pretty strong. The dealer even gave me more than I expected for my trade in.

The more HD tractors like this one I'm buying have a bit better resale than the smaller, hobby farm type tractors... And that's across brand lines too. JD "E" series are the hobby farm version in green, and they are popular w/ small land owners.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Assuming you traded in another Mahindra?

If so then I bet they like dealing with you.

E series JD's are made in Mexico aren't they?

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Assuming you traded in another Mahindra?

If so then I bet they like dealing with you.

E series JD's are made in Mexico aren't they?

Yeah those E JD's are Mexico.

Case and New Holland are having an economy tractor made down there too. They call them the "Workmaster" series. But my NH dealer said it's not a tractor you wanna put 1000 hours a year on.. wink

Yeah, I traded in my 45hp Mahindra.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Pure chit here due to lack of dealer support.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Looks like TN is getting quite a few dealers there.

https://www.mahindrausa.com/dealer_...ce=250&search-dealer=Search&url=

It's 50 miles to mine here.

Should be headed there to pick up the new one today sometime. Finally. Took awhile for it to get here from Houston because of July 4th week.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I know a couple of guys who have a Mahindra, and they seem to be pretty well pleased. The problem seems to be dealer support and the prices on parts. I know the local Mahindra dealer, and would be very leery doing business with him, and I've heard mixed reviews all across the board concerning him.

My problem with brands such as Mahindra, is the resale value or trade-in value. We have a local place that sells the LS tractors, and from what I've seen and been told, they are practically the same tractor as is the similar sized Case-IH and New Holland. People I've talked to seem to like them. But, I know that if I were to buy one, and decide later to sell it, I'd more than likely have a harder time getting the price I wanted than I would if it was a Deere, Case-IH, New Holland, or Kubota. Of course, it hasn't been so long ago that the same thing could have been said about a Kubota, and today they have a good reputation, at least in the small and medium size tractors.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Been looking for quite awhile for a higher HP tractor to replace my 45hp..

There's ups and downs for all of them...

What made me decide on the 6075 were a few things.

In the 75 hp range, Case/New Holland offer a made in Mexico New Holland's is the Workmaster. The dealer I'm getting the new tractor from is also a New Holland dealer... He told me flat out that the Case/NH would be fine for a hobby farm. But if I'm gonna be using it for HD work most of the time, there's no comparison between it and the 6075 Mahindra. Case dealer here told me the same thing.

Same goes for the made in Mexico John Deere 75hp E series. In fact, my tractor mechanic told me he'd slap me if I bought one of those...grin

Believe it or not, Massey Ferguson makes a pretty nice HD 75hp model. But the bottom line price for that from a dealer here, who is a friend, was quoted at $53k eek

The comparable Kubota has a DPF that has to run when it has to run... And you can't use your tractor during that time. WTF? I get in the tractor to move something in a hurry, and it tells me it has to run the DPF for 20 minutes, and not to move? frown Umm... No. Thanks.

This particular Mahindra has a two speed PTO that will run at 540rpms. One that is HD... and another PTO speed that runs the PTO at 1500rpm's for lighter duty work, where you don't need all the HP. Looks to be a fuel saver.

It also has no DPF and doesn't require DEF. Just add diesel and go.

Price was right too. With the incentives I got, the tractor and loader that stickers for nearly $57k.... ended up at $41k... Then take off my trade in 45hp, and it was a very good figure. smile

I'll let ya'll know how it does. I have to use it pretty hard from the start... Lots of projects.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Barry, there is no doubt that Deere, Case-IH, and New Holland.....the Big 3, have become almost too overpriced. This used to be JD country, with your IH fans coming in second, Ford-New Holland third, then Massey, Allis, Case, and even a few oddballs such as Moline, bringing up the rear of the pack. The big farmers around here are pretty much evenly split between Deere and Case-IH, with JD probably being the most popular by a smidgeon.

New Holland is still very popular, and I'd say Kubota is next. The big HP tractors are in a different category as are those, say below 100 HP. You're right in saying that the Big 3 are making a tractor in the 45-100 HP range that are very lightweight and generic, with few goodies on them. They have to be though if they're going to compete with the Mahindra's and Kubota's. I have liked what I've seen in MF tractors, and I wouldn't be afraid of one in the least.

For whatever the reason, I see very few Mahindra's, they just aren't very popular. It seems you did your research, and the price sounds good. I'd say if you have a good dealer, you'll be happy, as around here, the dealers seem to be the biggest complaint.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
We had one of those kind of dealers here in Victoria.

Mahindra yanked their dealership. From what I understand, they pulled quite a few based on input from customers, and ongoing problems. Maybe a step in the right direction.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Their dealers are the Achilles heel for Mahindra. I’m sure that varies form location to location.

A tractor is no better than its dealer support.

I’d buy accordingly.

DF

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Rockinbbar, Not true that you have to stop while the DPF cleans. My Kubota M6-131 has the DPF. The manual says to just keep working. In fact the more RPM you are running, the quicker it will run the cycle. If the tractor is at idle, you will notified to increase speed to at least 1200 RPM. It's best if you are working the tractor. It's not a big deal.

I think tractors 75hp and under don't have to have the DPF or DEF but don't quote me. Mine is 131 HP so has both. I've got about 105 hours and haven't used half of the DEF tank yet.

There is a Mahindra dealer near me. Have you seen the Roxor, their Jeep look a like? My farrier has the hots for one to replace his old Jeep to spray and general farm use.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
The DPF info I was given was on a 7060 Kubota, by the Kubota salesman at the local dealership, so being a typical salesman, it may not have been totally informed... smile

Was talking yesterday with my dealer about the damned emissions BS the govt has put on the tractor industry...

Much like the emissions requirements on pickups, the govt has screwed us all with these mandates. Again.

Luckily, my 100hp Case was built in 2015, the last year for non DEF models.

Here's the new guy after I unloaded yesterday.

It's a different animal than the more compact 45hp I traded in. wink

[Linked Image]

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The DPF info I was given was on a 7060 Kubota, by the Kubota salesman at the local dealership, so being a typical salesman, it may not have been totally informed... smile

Was talking yesterday with my dealer about the damned emissions BS the govt has put on the tractor industry...

Much like the emissions requirements on pickups, the govt has screwed us all with these mandates. Again.

Luckily, my 100hp Case was built in 2015, the last year for non DEF models.

Here's the new guy after I unloaded yesterday.

It's a different animal than the more compact 45hp I traded in. wink

[Linked Image]

Nice looking machine. If you lived closer, I might have to borrow it sometimes.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JamesJr

Thanks James!

But no need to borrow it... I have LOTS of projects. You can come down and run this one for as many hours as you want to... grin

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle

Thanks James!

But no need to borrow it... I have LOTS of projects. You can come down and run this one for as many hours as you want to... grin

Monday soon enough? smile

Filled tires? Looks shiny! How long will that last?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
smile

Haven't put any flat fix stuff in the tires yet...

Have to order a couple of gallons in.

Did get it waxed this morning to help keep brush scratches off.

[Linked Image]

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Can I borrow that Barry? laugh Then you won't have to be the one to put the first dent on it!

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Can I borrow that Barry? laugh Then you won't have to be the one to put the first dent on it!

I have a fencing crew bringing in several loads tomorrow, and took it out back with the chainsaw and cleared some trees away from the road, and made it passable for them.

Pushed and stacked all the trees and branches into a big brush pile with the new tractor.

Bucket's scuffed all to hell, but no dents... grin

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Had beet juice in mind. Added weight in back?

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ironbender
Had beet juice in mind. Added weight in back?

Doing what I do... shredding pastures in sandy country where the rain can really soak in and cause a literal quicksand, I don't add ballast to my tractors.

In firmer ground, I'm sure that works well... especially where lots of traction is needed. But here, it'll sink you to the axles, and it could be a long time before you get it out.

I've had to unhook from my 15' shredder that was bogged, and it stayed on that ranch all winter until it dried out enough to recover it.

A friend of mine had his kids stick their UTV. It stayed 4 months before they could even get a tractor out to it to recover it.

I try to keep things as light as possible... wink

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Funny how things are differenter in differenter places.

eta: can you/do you run duallys on a tractor?

Last edited by ironbender; 07/13/19.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Not Barry but more tires makes more float and better traction. Less compaction.

Better float would be nice for the sand!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That's one of the fascinating things about the 'fire, seeing how others do things.
I have been following the Walker farms YouTube video's.
They have a good size been in northern Montana, and it's fastenating to see
their equipment and procedures. The size of everything is astounding to me.
Equipment, acreage, crop. The scale is unreal.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Fluid in rear tires is the general rule around here. You rarely see a 2 WD big tractor working in the field anymore, as most of the big farmers have gone to MFWD's, but duals were a must on those big 2 WD's, if you were going to pull much of anything with them. I've stuck a few tractors in my day, and it's a pain in the butt when it happens.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Nice looking tractor.

FYI, I have a Kubota M7060. I use it mostly for bush hogging. The economy PTO setting is great. I use economy PTO when cutting light stuff, like the grass around the cabin every two weeks.

On the DPF issue, I've been surprised at a couple of things:

1 - It does not come on as frequently as I expected
2 - It has never caused me to interrupt what I was doing
3 - It has always finished before my job was finished

I'm guessing a lot of my experience is because most of my use is at pretty good RPM. We also have an L5740. The hydrostatic transmission on the 5740 means we choose it for the slow, low RPM jobs.

All in all, the DPF issue was a concern when I purchased but reality has been that it has not caused any issues...for us.

On the Mahindra, I have encouraged my brother to look at that brand. There is a dealer within 10 miles of him. The JD and Kubota dealers are about 1 hour away. Dealer support does have benefits.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by BufordBoone
Nice looking tractor.

FYI, I have a Kubota M7060. I use it mostly for bush hogging. The economy PTO setting is great. I use economy PTO when cutting light stuff, like the grass around the cabin every two weeks.

On the DPF issue, I've been surprised at a couple of things:

1 - It does not come on as frequently as I expected
2 - It has never caused me to interrupt what I was doing
3 - It has always finished before my job was finished

I'm guessing a lot of my experience is because most of my use is at pretty good RPM. We also have an L5740. The hydrostatic transmission on the 5740 means we choose it for the slow, low RPM jobs.

All in all, the DPF issue was a concern when I purchased but reality has been that it has not caused any issues...for us.

On the Mahindra, I have encouraged my brother to look at that brand. There is a dealer within 10 miles of him. The JD and Kubota dealers are about 1 hour away. Dealer support does have benefits.

Was using the new one pretty heavy today for the first time. Shredded about 30 acres of overgrown field and pasture with the batwing. It did really well, handled well, and stayed cool all day as far as operating temperature.

A/C was cold as winter all day too! smile

[Linked Image]

Have a couple of issues I need to talk to the Service Dept about... Bugs to work out. One is the air ride seat doesn't retain air very long.

I'll talk to them tomorrow on that.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hey Barry, put this in the cab to sit on and you wont have to worry about the air ride.... Its got holes for the air to come thru! grin

[Linked Image]

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Air ride seats are nice but they REALLY suck when they go flat and won't air back up.

My dad has a JD 7510 and the seat was so leaky that I finally just placed a 'custom' made block of wood under the adjustment mechanism so it can only go down so far. Trimmed the block(2x4"?) so the seat stays at the right height 24/7 but you can still air it up a little(when the compressor is working).

I'm sure JD might have fixed it for $500.......

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Oldman3
Hey Barry, put this in the cab to sit on and you wont have to worry about the air ride.... Its got holes for the air to come thru! grin

[Linked Image]

I've sat in those old nut cracker seats for many hours, days and months before! grin

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Gave the new tractor another pretty good workout today...

The project wasn't too far way, so I roaded the tractor over there and back...

Damn thing will run!

It flat outruns my Case 100hp hands down.

Air Ride seat worked better today. Maybe it's just the air valve needs seating and use.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Gave the new tractor another pretty good workout today...

The project wasn't too far way, so I roaded the tractor over there and back...

Damn thing will run!

It flat outruns my Case 100hp hands down.

Air Ride seat worked better today. Maybe it's just the air valve needs seating and use.

How fast will it go?

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
How fast will it go?

It's got the ranges, and 5 speeds in each range.

Was in high range, 5th gear, and GPS showed 24mph at 2100 rpms. (not full throttle)

I didn't really feel comfortable at that speed, and backed it off to 21 mph.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If y'all want to see a tractor go fast, you need to come and see what some of the local Mennonites do with theirs. There is one particular group of them, and they are sometimes called New Order Amish. They're allowed to use tractors for their method of everyday transportation (they still drive a horse and buggy to church), and they really have some souped up tractors. They'll go into the transmission and rear end, and change some gears, and then the tractor will often run up to 40-45 MPH on the highway. The single boys will have their tractors as shined up and clean as one of our teenagers would have their first car.

Some will take a truck bed, that's still attached to the frame with the rear end intact, make a trailer out of it, attach a PTO to the trailer's rear end, and once they get moving, put the tractor in neutral, and turn the PTO on. Those rigs will fly, and have been known to go close to 60MPH. They're also dangerous, and they don't stop very good.

They use those tractors just as we would our pickups, and passenger cars. You even see women driving them. The preferred brands seem to be Ford-New Holland and Massey leading the pack, with Deere next. For some strange reason or another, you don't see many Case-IH's, and I've often wondered if it's because they can't get them to go faster.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
If y'all want to see a tractor go fast, you need to come and see what some of the local Mennonites do with theirs. There is one particular group of them, and they are sometimes called New Order Amish. They're allowed to use tractors for their method of everyday transportation (they still drive a horse and buggy to church), and they really have some souped up tractors. They'll go into the transmission and rear end, and change some gears, and then the tractor will often run up to 40-45 MPH on the highway. The single boys will have their tractors as shined up and clean as one of our teenagers would have their first car.

Some will take a truck bed, that's still attached to the frame with the rear end intact, make a trailer out of it, attach a PTO to the trailer's rear end, and once they get moving, put the tractor in neutral, and turn the PTO on. Those rigs will fly, and have been known to go close to 60MPH. They're also dangerous, and they don't stop very good.

They use those tractors just as we would our pickups, and passenger cars. You even see women driving them. The preferred brands seem to be Ford-New Holland and Massey leading the pack, with Deere next. For some strange reason or another, you don't see many Case-IH's, and I've often wondered if it's because they can't get them to go faster.

God allows them a tractor to go to town, but not a pickup?

They could apply no reasoning to that custom that I would understand.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Barry, you're 100% right. I don't get it either. It's just like the ones that are my neighbors that have the steel wheel tractors. They can drive them on the road if they're using them for something farm related, otherwise, they can't. Their reasoning behind the steel wheel deal is that if they were on rubber, then they might be tempted to drive them for something other than strictly farm use.

It's like the dress code they have at their businesses. They don't like women wearing short shorts, or showing too much skin, because it might tempt their young men and boys. I find that hilarious, as if they think the only way those boys are going to be tempted is if they see a girl in shorts. They base a lot of their beliefs on the "tempted" thing. They can't do this or that, because it might be a temptation. Heck, I've been tempted by something just about all my life.

I admire them for their hard work ethics, and also because of the way they take care of the problems within their community, but in reality, they are pretty much Socialists......who just happen to believe in God, which of course is something most Socialists do not do. I could write a book about what I've learned about them, some good, some bad, a whole helluva lot that don't make sense.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

My cousin took me to see this tractor, but I didn't see it run. This family moved from Idaho to La, back in the late '60's. When I-20 opened in the east part of the state, the owner of the tractor got stopped driving on the interstate. He told the trooper that he wasn't backing up traffic, he was doing 70 mph, the speed limit. The trooper still gave him a ticket for driving a tractor on the interstate. The tractor had 2 transmissions, one behind the other and it didn't have tractor tires. More like turf tires. I was told they ran it on the drag strip.

You can take a Ford 8n or jubilee and run a wire to the governor. Hold it open and it will go 40 or more.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I had a 841 Ford with the Hi-Low Sherman transmission behind. It would flat get up and git in road gear. Enough to scare the living chit outta ya.....

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
How fast will it go?

It's got the ranges, and 5 speeds in each range.

Was in high range, 5th gear, and GPS showed 24mph at 2100 rpms. (not full throttle)

I didn't really feel comfortable at that speed, and backed it off to 21 mph.

That's fast enough!

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't know how fast a Farmall 400 will go.
But I do know when it's cranked up,
and that tall, fenderless, tricycle configured SOB goes into a death wobble,
you wish you were going a lot slower.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

104 members (10Glocks, 44mc, 10gaugemag, 325wsm1, 35, 12 invisible), 12,712 guests, and 1,138 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,229
Posts18,544,010
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.