Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Flinch Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Well boys and girls, we are open for business. www.flinchoutdoorgear.com is a reality. The broadhead extractors are available in 3 or 4 blade configuration. Extra bodies can be purchased as well that will easily change over from 4 to 3 blade extractors.

The titanium broadheads will be available around May 1st. These heads are currently in 125 grain with 1 1/4" cutting diameter with 4 fixed blades (actually 2 blades). The ferrules are robust titanium with a stainless steel sleeve retaining the blades. The blades can't fall out. They don't plane and shoot scary accurate. We also have a 165 grain steel design and are working on a 100 grain. All blades are interchangable from 1 inch to 1 1/4". Many guys like to put a 1" blade in front and a 1 1/4" blade in the rear. Some like to shoot them as a two blade head, which reduces the weight. Some like these for shooting fish, since they act like big barbs. These heads are very versitile to say the least. Thanks for your support.
[Linked Image] Flinch

GB1

Flinch Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
One more to show the blades. Flinch
[Linked Image]

Flinch Outdoor Gear broadhead extractor. The best device for pulling your head out.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
would like to see the 100 gr.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Best of luck with your venture!

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O

Very cool. Looks like they'd be pretty easy to sharpen.

"The Bigger the Government, the Smaller the Citizen" - Dennis Prager LINK

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
These would be illegal in some states, Idaho for example. They're defined as barbed blades.

Dick

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Flinch Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
It is amazing that you can shoot an animal with a razor sharp point in order to kill it, but the blades better not keep the arrow from coming out of the animal. Sure makes a lot of sense to me laugh Kind of reminds me of the old "Black Talon" bullet. It killed too well, so was removed from the market. Hmmm...imagine that, a bullet that works to well. Uggg....where do these people come from. Flinch

Flinch Outdoor Gear broadhead extractor. The best device for pulling your head out.
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Looks a bit like the Chuck-it broadhead. They supposedly pulled it off the market because it was barbed.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Washington also has a law against barbed heads also mechanical heads.

Flinch Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I don't think they can be considered "barbed" the definition is blades or devices that are sharpened or hooked to a point in order to dig in and keep the device from being pulled out. The backs of the blades are squared off and are not pointed or sharp. They are swept back for aerodynamics, but all blades are. They aren't mechanical in any way either. They are fixed blades. I am sure some states "might" have issues with them, but the vast majority won't. Flinch

IC B3

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Straight from NY Regulations booklet
Barbed Broadheads
Barbed broadheads are illegal for hunting big game. A barbed broadhead is one in which the angle formed between the trailing or rear edge of any blade and the shaft is less than 90 degrees. Broadhead examples on the right compare one that is barbed to three that are legal. Broadheads with retractable blades are legal. Broadheads with mechanical blades are legal if the blades DO NOT form a barb or hook when the arrow is pulled from the flesh of a deer or bear.

[Linked Image]

Flinch Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I recon NewYorkers are out of luck laugh Funny you can shoot critters with a razor sharp broadhead, but you better be able to pull it out laugh Goofy law makers. I guess you'll must of had some drive by barbings laugh Flinch

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
grinMaybe they are afraid we'll attack a line to our arrow and pull deer in like a carp

Flinch Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
George, does that work? laugh Flinch

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
If the arrow kills the animal, a barbed head isn't an issue. The problem is when the arrow DOESN'T kill, aka a wound. A non-barbed head is much more likely to work it's way out and let the animal recover.

Idaho's definition is worded considerably different than the NY rules posted by Dvdegeorge, but they mean the same thing.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not knocking the quality of the head. I'm just letting people know that it can't be used everywhere.

Dick

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Flinch Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
No harm no foul George. I was making fun of the politicians and their stupidity, not you. I think it is a pretty rare situation that ANY broadhead "works it's way out" and the animal survives. I have seen elk reach back and pull them out and live another day, but not deer. Thanks for the feedback. Flinch

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
How do these shoot compared to Slick Tricks??

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sorry Flinch they would also be illegal in Oregon. Must be 90* or greater angle to the shaft. Cheers NC

don't judge until you have walked a mile in other persons' moccasins'
SUM QUOD SUM........HOMINEM TE ESSE MEMENTO
Flinch Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Bummer you can't use my heads, Northcountry!

Nebraska, I have shot Slick Tricks for 3 years and have killed several elk, a pile of deer and a couple of turkeys with them. They are a good head and leave a great blood trail. The draw back I have experienced with them is poor blade sharpness, which I fix with a stone. The other more sever draw back is they frequently break off right at the end of the arrow shaft, leaving the threaded portion stuck in your arrow. I have had them break off in animals on impact and when target practicing. I have talked to Gary the owner of Slick Trick about this, yet they still break off. He says it is a heat treating problem, but there is more to it than that. There are fabulous steels out there that don't need to be heat treated and are super tough. I am using them in my steel line of broadheads. Other than that, the Slick Tricks are a great and accurate head. Flinch

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

554 members (160user, 1minute, 007FJ, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 58 invisible), 2,096 guests, and 1,275 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,044
Posts18,482,162
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.