Print Thread
Hop To
B
bhoges Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
I have a 2003 Hoyt Ultratec that came with all the dampeners on the limbs,string and I added some on the sight and quiver. I still think its noisy. The string has a deep twang. My buddies bow(dont know what he shoot) seems like a sharper noise and not as long in duration. If it already has string dampeners what else can I do? Is it out of tune? Thanks

NRA LIfe Member, Colt, Sig, Smith & Wesson, Springfield Armorer, NYBIN , NYPD Firearms Examiner, Serial Number Restoration, Cerakote, Gunkote, and Duracoat finishes
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Maybe you need to replace your dampeners. I replace my string dampeners on my Hoyt Magnatec every year, and the limb ones every two years. I have not noticed any noise when I do this. The only time I noticed it, was when of the string dampeners tore in half. My bow is almost 6 years old, and I always got comments from the archery club Pres. in MT, about how quiet it was.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Ultratecs are usually quiet bows. Mine is an 03, my pards an 04. Both are very quiet and only wear the limb and string savers. I did go to the new alpha shocks on the limbs, but dont really hear any difference.
Shoot it without the quiver and see if that makes a difference. My pals quiver made a lot of noise until we glued the foam in the hood.
It makes a difference on how much garbage you put on your string too..things like a metal d-loop will add a lot of noise in some cases. Big peeps with rubber cords..etc
If nothing else, change out the old string leeches and make sure the cams are in time. Good luck. BT

BT53
"Where do they find young men like this?" Reporter Savidge, Iraq
Elk, it's what's for dinner....

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Often the best fix is a heavier arrow.

Dick

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I use a cat whisker (1 split in half lengthwise) tied to the top and bottom of the string on my '03 Ultratec. It just makes a light thud with 400gr arrows @ 60# and 270fps.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Tighten everything down and make sure its not something on your bow. Make sure the bow is tuned right and the quiver isnt making the noise. If that doesnt work, you can either use string dampeners, or just solve the problem and get an STS for the bow.

The STS will stop a TON of string noise, and you'd be suprised at the difference. With one of them, you can take the dampeners off. I'd almost guarantee it would do the job...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Rock is spot on, shoot a heavier arrow. All the dampeners on your strings and limbs simply slow down arrow speed more than anything. Shoot a heavier arrow or head and your speed shouldn't change much, if you take all the dampeners off your string. Flinch

Flinch Outdoor Gear broadhead extractor. The best device for pulling your head out.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

607 members (10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 10Glocks, 160user, 62 invisible), 2,119 guests, and 1,261 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,036
Posts18,481,953
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.