Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
I somewhat find it interesting to note that a friend of mine is married to an RN. She has been on hydroxychloroquine for years as prescribed by her doctor for Lupus, it has and is effective for her.MB

and that is the issue, if people start stockpiling this stuff "in case they get Covid" your friends wife won't get what she needs.

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
GB1

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
First, Nevada did NOT ban the use of those drugs. That was a misunderstanding from a poorly worded release from their governor, who's intent was to stop hoarding of the drug. They corrected the wording the next day.

Here is the link to the actual letter from Michigan:

https://www.michigan.gov/documents/...ng_and_Dispensing_3-24-2020_684869_7.pdf

It looks to me like there are allegations that healthcare professionals were burning through stocks of the drugs for their own friends and family. The intent here seems to be to limit paniced use of the drug, to include "off-lable" use, so that there will be enough of the drug for the people currently need it for it's intended use.

But if a Lib Gov purposfly extending the pandemic to sink Trump fits your narrative better, have at it.

The DIPCHIT ADD, after a morning of drinking:

You despair, repeatedly, constantly! daily basis?
A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Sycamore
Originally Posted by jimmyp
I see Nevada did the same thing, what rational justifies not considering the use of this drug?

when all else fails I guess we could read the letter, linked in the OP

...Prescribing hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine without further proof of efficacy for treating
COVID-19 or with the intent to stockpile the drug may create a shortage for patients with lupus,
rheumatoid arthritis, or other ailments for which chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine are proven
treatments. Reports of this conduct will be evaluated and may be further investigated for
administrative action. Prescribing any kind of prescription must also be associated with medical
documentation showing proof of the medical necessity and medical condition for which the
patient is being treated. Again, these are drugs that have not been proven scientifically or
medically to treat COVID-19.

It's a question of supply and demand.

For the record, I read the letter.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
she really is disgusting. She picked a fight with trump a week ago for no reason, continues to complain about the federal response, extremely counter-productive. now she is begging for help, and still behaving like a defiant child. if you just look at her face and demeanor in all of her public statements, cringeworthy. in way over her head

if there is a problem with abuse of the Rx process, availability, etc, regulate that, instead of just a blanket order. frankly, i wonder about the legality, enforceability of he exec orders

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Guys, this is the biggest power grab in modern history.

this power grab will end, whether .gov or .mi or other states like it or not.

IC B2

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
You can’t help but compare America today, with Nazi Germany in the waning days of WWII. The local Gauleiters have seized control.

America today is much more akin to the Weimar Republic.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
As a Conservative, I vote for the best person for the job,

Then you need to vote for Caucasian male conservatives.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by duck911
First, Nevada did NOT ban the use of those drugs. That was a misunderstanding from a poorly worded release from their governor, who's intent was to stop hoarding of the drug. They corrected the wording the next day.

Here is the link to the actual letter from Michigan:

https://www.michigan.gov/documents/...ng_and_Dispensing_3-24-2020_684869_7.pdf

It looks to me like there are allegations that healthcare professionals were burning through stocks of the drugs for their own friends and family. The intent here seems to be to limit paniced use of the drug, to include "off-lable" use, so that there will be enough of the drug for the people currently need it for it's intended use.

But if a Lib Gov purposfly extending the pandemic to sink Trump fits your narrative better, have at it.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
You can’t help but compare America today, with Nazi Germany in the waning days of WWII. The local Gauleiters have seized control.

America today is much more akin to the Weimar Republic.

Word.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd

I’ll ask the question. Do we not have way too many women in leadership positions across the board? Note To self: women are not leaders just because they Want to be. Eve’s syndrome.

Yes, we do.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I’ll ask the question. Do we not have way too many women in leadership positions across the board? Note To self: women are not leaders just because they Want to be. Eve’s syndrome.

I've been of this opinion for years. Leaders whose diirectives and decisions are based on or swayed by emotions have no place in government.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kingston
Originally Posted by Sycamore
I see Nevada did the same thing, what rational justifies not considering the use of this drug?

when all else fails I guess we could read the letter, linked in the OP

...Prescribing hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine without further proof of efficacy for treating
COVID-19 or with the intent to stockpile the drug may create a shortage for patients with lupus,
rheumatoid arthritis, or other ailments for which chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine are proven
treatments. Reports of this conduct will be evaluated and may be further investigated for
administrative action. Prescribing any kind of prescription must also be associated with medical
documentation showing proof of the medical necessity and medical condition for which the
patient is being treated. Again, these are drugs that have not been proven scientifically or
medically to treat COVID-19.

It's a question of supply and demand.

For the record, I read the letter.

1 is better than none.......

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Look at who her AG is...

That's where wretched witless gets her legal advice from.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S

Last edited by savatage; 03/27/20.

Yesterday was a history, tomorrow is a mystery and today is a gift.. that's why we call it "present"!!!
S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
i've mentioned this before, but one time i saw Ann Coulter being interviewed somewhere in Europe, by a journalist. She was asked whether the status of the right for women to vote was good...Coulter refused to answer...LOL

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
It looks like U of M snapped their finger. That is the que for Witless to pee on the carpet.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D

Gotta keep the dem panic alive as long as possible.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by bruinruin

I've been of this opinion for years. Leaders whose diirectives and decisions are based on or swayed by emotions have no place in government.

Not defending any political position here, just posting some information that may be helpful

Eves syndrome is no different than Andropause in men. Both are hormone unbalance conditions easily cured by bio-identical hormone replacement. A female with the correctly balanced hormones would make more "rational" decisions than a male in andropause. (who would actually be in Eves syndrome from excessive conversion of testosterone to estradiol).

The situation is similar to pharmacies not wanting to carry THC, although legal in any particular state. The federal government can still take away their Schedule drug permits.

Each state is different, of the 15 or so states I was licensed in -- the governor did not have the authority.

The the bigger issue here and not being discussed:

Quinine derivates have a slight amount of ACE2 receptor inhibition. (chloroquine, hydroxy, and quinine.) Although thrombocytopenia is common side effect of all these drugs. Severe arthritis and lupus are not dependent of the ACE2 pathway.

Coronavirus attaches to these receptors.

Kids 10 years old and under do not have ACE2 inhibitors in the lungs thats why they don't get Crono.

Why aren't ACE2 inhibitors being used? What are the survival stats of older folks on ACE2 inhibitors?

The governors position is based on the American Heart Association to stop ACE2 inhibitors if Corno present. Completely counter intuitive and no evidence

Most people don't have what it takes to get old
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Start a petition to recall the bitch.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I can understand wanting to regulate it, but this isn't opioids we are talking about here.

I would expect worst case scenario is that the patient has no positive effects from taking the drug when correctly prescribed by the doctor while potentially having some side effects that exist simultaneously with the virus.

With more than 150m doses of this drug ready to be in the hands of doctors in a short period of time, this can't be about running out.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

144 members (79S, 6MMWASP, 260Remguy, 673, 1_deuce, 21 invisible), 1,203 guests, and 1,086 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,205
Posts18,524,240
Members74,030
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.