Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
I dont see anybody here killing stuff with a bow which confirms what I have long held that I dont think there too many serious bowhunters here so I thought I would post up another bow kill that was lucky enough to get a ride in the new Adventure bowhunter truck last Friday. This truck loves hauling deer in style and this section of the forum needs threads from guys actually putting animals on the ground.

My Wisconsin Buck tag is now filled. I took this guy with a bow on my land in Wisconsin. 18" inside spread, 191 Lbs. dressed weight. He was hot on a doe, grunting and ignorant of his surroundings. hunting from the ground. 10 yard shot, double lung, top of heart and 80 yard run.

I used the same re-sharpened Woodsman broadhead and arrow that I took my other buck with last week on an out of state hunt. 2 Good bucks 5 days apart in two states. Gotta love October (and some say there is an October lull. hahaha)

770 grain total arrow weight. The hocks and scalp have been harvested for scent making and the Euro mount is already done. Tenderloins are on the menu again.

Im not sure how much more bowhunting I will get to do as sales of bowhunting products are spiking. There are more products I want to do field testing on so I will need to break away and hit the woods again even if its just to kill some does. If there is actually another bowhunter in this entire group, post up a kill if you can. It would be nice to somebody else running an arrow through something.

The last 3 seasons have been pretty good with 3 ten pointers off my land in the last 3 seasons and some enjoyable out of state traveling adventure bowhunts but there must be at a least one other person here that bow hunts or even crossbow hunts. Heck even a crosser kill would be better than the nothing that is being posted here. Perhaps one of you has a friend that bowhunts or a neighbor kid that actually kills stuff and you could post one of their pictures and success.

If you need advice or tips or have any questions about killing game with a bow dont hesitate to reach out. Many (most) do it via PM so dont be afraid to message me with any and all questions you might have about taking game with a bow and arrow. I get a lot of those messages here. Even the crossers can message me and I will help you out. It would be nice to see somebody else post up a kill for a change. Perhaps this thread will give you the motivation to step away from the computer long enough to go outside.

Best afield
Your pal
the Adventure bowhunter

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by sharp_things; 10/27/20.

Member Wisconsin Bowhunters Assc, Wisconsin Traditional archers, Pope and Young, Asbhy 100,
GB1

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Congrats on this deer and the other nice ones you have taken.
Fanatic bow hunter here, think this is my 43rd year at it.
Going to ask Nov 9 to hunt my land there for five days.

NRA Patron
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Nice buck!

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
All POACHED!

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Couple days ago.

One arrow.

-Ken

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by CaptEdIII; 10/30/20.
IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Wow impressive...another buck shot while eating out of your birdfeeder.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
congrats nice buck !

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
All POACHED!

Originally Posted by Jim_wi

What's the story here? It seems interesting.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Pahntr760
All POACHED!

This is OP: https://www.google.com/search?q=ron...735j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
LOL, how many guys do you know that you can google up like that, i.e., "Joe Smith poaching" and get actual news clips?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Remsen
Originally Posted by Pahntr760
All POACHED!

This is OP: https://www.google.com/search?q=ron...735j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Wow shocked blush

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
he is the kind of guy that gives real hunters a bad name buy trying to be a super hunter he is a P O S that needs to be flushed

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
i have some friends that have been in jail,some were in prison,couple poached something, big f---k `n deal ! i myself aint no saint either but these friends i trust more than guys bringing up crap from something someone did wrong ? get over your childish negative replies and grow up ! sharp things is a heck of a bow hunter just look at what he has killed. what is it you dudes just jealous and can`t do what he has done with a bow and arrow ? so he paid a game fine BIG F--K`n DEAL !! GET OVER IT

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by pete53
i have some friends that have been in jail,some were in prison,couple poached something, big f---k `n deal ! i myself aint no saint either but these friends i trust more than guys bringing up crap from something someone did wrong ? get over your childish negative replies and grow up ! sharp things is a heck of a bow hunter just look at what he has killed. what is it you dudes just jealous and can`t do what he has done with a bow and arrow ? so he paid a game fine BIG F--K`n DEAL !! GET OVER IT

laffin

You go girl....

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by tndrbstr

laffin

You go girl....
its easy for a dude like you to act tuff on a keyboard boy GRIN

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Pete, don’t be an idiot, you don’t need a key board to be stupid... SMH

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P

let it be, try to be more positive on your keyboard. you might look a little smarter on your keyboard then

Last edited by pete53; 10/31/20.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
i have some friends that have been in jail,some were in prison,couple poached something........

Are you bragging or complaining?

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

The fact of how arrogant, hypocritical and still trying to downplay it as a "feeding citation" says enough about his character for me. Especially when you are suppose to be an ambassador for the sport. Someone earlier hit it on the head... narcissist.

Seems youre about the only fool swinging on his nuts. Should tell ya something.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
guys show me the paper work that Sharp Things got a poaching deer and baiting deer during season citations ? prove it to me ? bet you can`t because he never got them for hunting over bait during season..

its all about the word JEALOUS

Last edited by pete53; 11/02/20.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Wipe your chin Pete, ya look pathetic.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
guys show me the paper work that Sharp Things got a poaching deer and baiting deer during season citations ? prove it to me ? bet you can`t because he never got them for hunting over bait during season..

What, did he kill the deer over bait out of season?

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by smokepole

What, did he kill the deer over bait out of season?

prove what this bowhunter has done to me,its easy to push buttons on a keyboard and lie .

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Pete, it's been posted before. You could go back and find it if you want. Or you could just keep sqwuaking.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
or you can find and post it ,maybe he has learned from his small mistake if he made one ? sometimes its best to forgive and forget

Last edited by pete53; 11/02/20.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
The big "Adventure Bowhunter" shot a spike over bait with a gun. Even said he did it back then but now puts a big spin on it. You're eating off his baitpile now Pete. Lmao

Attached Images
Screenshot_20201102-132509.png (115.71 KB, 193 downloads)
Screenshot_20201102-132259.png (153.76 KB, 197 downloads)
Screenshot_20201102-132534.png (129.2 KB, 193 downloads)

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
.....or you can find and post it....

Why would I do that, I've seen it already.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
yep i read it again he never poached anything got a citation for a corn pile that was not there any more and the cocky game warden still gave him a citation , he did not fight the citation and paid the fine. so boys where is the poaching crap you boys bring up ? you boys and girls make a big deal out of nothing and that`s shameful and foolish. this bowhunter has done well bowhunting its all about being JEALOUS of his hunting skills over yours.

Last edited by pete53; 11/03/20.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
yep i read it again he never poached anything got a citation for a corn pile that was not there any more and the cocky game warden still gave him a citation , he did not fight the citation and paid the fine. so boys where is the poaching crap you boys bring up ? you boys and girls make a big deal out of nothing and that`s shameful and foolish. this bowhunter has done well bowhunting its all about being JEALOUS of his hunting skills over yours.

Sad ignorant little man.

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by GregW

Sad ignorant little man.

Yeah, really !!!

Goes well with the fat, arrogant poacher, though Greg.

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Hey pete, if the corn wasn't there any more, how did the game warden know that it was there in the first place?

If I bait an area and get the deer used to coming in to that spot for the corn, is it OK to hunt there if it's all gone on opening day?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Not that it matters, but I won't have anything to do with convicted felons or with convicted poachers. If they had been friends before they were convicted, they weren't afterward.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by New_2_99s
Originally Posted by GregW

Sad ignorant little man.

Yeah, really !!!

Goes well with the fat, arrogant poacher, though Greg.

I'm thinking sock puppet.

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
E
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
E
Anything a hunter places out to attract deer to his advantage in seeing and harvesting deer is a bait. End of story. Done deal, the fat lady has sung. Its not debatable. It’s a self evident truth. Some will want to disagree but they will be wrong. They will want to protest but they will be just as wrong. There is universal knowledge and there is state law. While most states dont consider it baiting (because the reserved that term for food) That does not mean in the bowhunting world that it is not completely understood to be a bait. Next question please.

The OP's sentiments have certainly changed since this statement.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

68 members (808outdoors, 257robertsimp, 6MMWASP, 300_savage, Akhutr, 6mmCreedmoor, 11 invisible), 891 guests, and 853 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,206
Posts18,524,254
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.