Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Anyone have any experience with Tyler Mfg. Co. of Newalla, Oklahoma (Oklahoma City area)? I ordered a "T-Grip" for my revolver on 18 November by mail. My check cleared my bank on 30 November. Per instructions from their website, I sent them a text message inquiry 15 December after hearing nothing. Note that there is no provision for contacting them through their website. I received no response. I again on 27 February sent them another text message of inquiry. In both text messages I was careful to properly identify myself and the gun model, etc. If they are way behind on orders, that's fine. I would like to know if it has been lost in shipment or what is going on. My impression is that they are a well established company. Anyone have any info about them? Sure beginning to look like I've been ripped off!

"...why, land is the only thing in the world worth working for, worth fighting for, worth dying for,... because it is the only thing that lasts."
GB1

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I had a similar experience with them back in either the 1980s or 1990s. Very slow, and hard to contact. I think they only produce their product in one or two runs a year, and don't keep lots of stock on hand for sales. Strange company. Good product, though. Good luck.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Several years ago they had some issues. I bought a t grip for a pistol and it took nearly a year to get it.

Sam......

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
ya i've had similiar. i've bought twice from them and both times took forever but i did get the product and they are nice. schitty customer support.

My diploma is a DD214
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Henryseale
My impression is that they are a well established company. Anyone have any info about them? Sure beginning to look like I've been ripped off!
Take a number and get in line. The current iteration of Tyler Manufacturing does NOT involve Melvin Tyler when it used to be located on Britton Road in Oklahoma City. They are currently owned by some jackass named Mathews who also owns Mashburn Arms/Gun World of Del City, Oklahoma. All of Mathew's businesses have a well-deserved reputation of sucking. I think you'll get your T-Grip, but it may well be Christmas 2021 when you do. (Seriously, not an exaggeration.)

Jackie Treehorn: Treats objects like women.

Originally Posted by RichardAustin
Montana uses Ruger actions.
IC B2

H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Well, judging from the replies, I do somewhat feel better. That is kinda, sorta, maybe. Just hope I will live long enough to get it. Are there alternative like products available elsewhere?

"...why, land is the only thing in the world worth working for, worth fighting for, worth dying for,... because it is the only thing that lasts."
R
RGK Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
BK Grips.com. Better than a Tyler T...and much faster response and shipping.
Bob

Last edited by RGK; 02/01/21.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by RGK
BK Grips.com. Better than a Tyler T...and much faster response and shipping.
Bob

Looks about the same as Tyler T.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I think the last Tyler I ordered went on a duty gun, so about 1982. Melvin was still active in the company and they were slow, even then. This has only gotten worse since Melvin passed.

The BK is about the same as a Tyler. These are cast from a polymer and the single example in my hands is black all the way through. In addition to being lighter than aluminum adapters, a little modification of the BK's does not require a re-paint. This is a positive in my case because I can reduce the finger ridge to accommodate oversize knuckles. Here it is on an old 1937 S&W. Works like a charm. IIRC it took maybe 7-8 days to get here.

http://www.thesixgunjournal.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/20190628_181327.jpg

Last edited by SargeMO; 02/01/21.

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by SargeMO
I think the last Tyler I ordered went on a duty gun, so about 1982. Melvin was still active in the company and they were slow, even then. This has only gotten worse since Melvin passed.

The BK is about the same as a Tyler. These are cast from a polymer and the single example in my hands is black all the way through. In addition to being lighter than aluminum adapters, a little modification of the BK's does not require a re-paint. This is a positive in my case because I can reduce the finger ridge to accommodate oversize knuckles. Here it is on an old 1937 S&W. Works like a charm. IIRC it took maybe 7-8 days to get here.

http://www.thesixgunjournal.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/20190628_181327.jpg

What model S&W? Looks to be a .45.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Interesting. Never heard of BK.

The stories mentioned above about Tyler non-communication are true. But, they do deliver in the end. They actually almost lost the business at one point and transferred it within the family to keep it going.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

14 months:

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Every day’s an adventure.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Henryseale
Anyone have any experience with Tyler Mfg. Co. of Newalla, Oklahoma (Oklahoma City area)? I ordered a "T-Grip" for my revolver on 18 November by mail. My check cleared my bank on 30 November. Per instructions from their website, I sent them a text message inquiry 15 December after hearing nothing. Note that there is no provision for contacting them through their website. I received no response. I again on 27 February sent them another text message of inquiry. In both text messages I was careful to properly identify myself and the gun model, etc. If they are way behind on orders, that's fine. I would like to know if it has been lost in shipment or what is going on. My impression is that they are a well established company. Anyone have any info about them? Sure beginning to look like I've been ripped off!
Had same issue few years back took a long time to resolve.They suck never again for me.

Last edited by coobie; 02/02/21.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
If you still want a Tyler T-Grip, with a little patience, you can find one on eBay. Sarge’s BK grip adapter looks like it fits better than my T-Grip.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by SargeMO
Except Melvin actually had a store front and was reasonably responsive. The current owner has neither a store front nor is he responsive to anyone but himself.

Jackie Treehorn: Treats objects like women.

Originally Posted by RichardAustin
Montana uses Ruger actions.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I love me some Tyler T’s smile

All my S&W DA’s get them and I like the brass on wood and steel the most.

I also had the same delay issues. I think they are worth the wait.

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

Last edited by alukban; 02/02/21.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
It took a couple months to get this one. I wasn't in any hurry. Already had Patrick's grips on the gun to fawn over.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
R
RGK Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Top is a K22 with a BK adapter. Bottom M10-5 has a Tyler T from the 70's. Like 'em both, but the BK is a nice alternative. Polymer material can be touched up with a file for a perfect fit. Two tabs on the BK makes for tighter, snug bonding. Plus, BKs show up in a week or less, instead of a year or so.
Bob

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by RGK; 02/05/21.
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
I’ve got a 15 Smith and a Dick Special that I believe need a set of the BK’s.....

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
I've only got one BK adapter on a J frame, but I like it and they are much more professional to deal with.

<><
HE>i
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

74 members (338reddog, 10gaugemag, 8MMX57JS, Akhutr, 8 invisible), 871 guests, and 836 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,091
Posts18,522,109
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.