Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
bob347 Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
For a long time i was a compound bow hunter. Had shoulder sugery and now a crossbow hunter. Bought an excaliber matrix 355 to keep moving parts to a minimum. I have since lost a couple arrows hunting and was thinking of lighted nocks. I have done some homework and settled on the NuFletch Ignitor brand. I can not get ahold of them either by phone or email. Can any of the USA members tell me if they are still in business? Thanks Bob

GB1

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Don’t know if they’ve taken a dive based on the market - website seems ok, and the vendors have their product in stock.

But - given the holidays, the COVID increases, and the recent election results - I wouldn’t get excited if it takes a bit to get a reply.

A number of small(er) businesses in this area have shut down to minimize cash outlay right now.

With no ATA show either, it’s not going to be an easy year for many.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Might try Ten Point, available on Amazon

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
bob347 Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
I looked at the Ten Point for the Flat nock but could'nt find them on Amazon. Will take another look. The archery shops here in eastern Ontario do not have much stock of lighted nocks. One of them in Ottawa said they could order but was $69 for 3 plus tax. Seems a little much. The Lumenock is a lot cheaper but harder to turn off. Too many choices and expensive for trial & error on archery products. Guess I will stay with regular for now. Thanks for any info given Bob

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=tenpoint+lighted+knocks&crid=NQ83XUS4X2J0&sprefix=tne+point+lighted+knocks%2Caps%2C204&ref=nb_sb_ss_sc_1_24

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
IC B2

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Can you not get the Excalibur lighted nock bolts there? Or just don’t like their nock?

I’ve got the lighted Quills - but the local shop has them in all lengths.

I’ve tried pulling the flat metal insert out of my Excalibur bolts but usually end up doing more damage than acceptable. I finally decided it was easier to shoot their lighted nicks than build my own.

bob347 Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
We can get the excaliber arrows here with the lighted nock . They are the Lumenocks from Burt Coyote. These are the ones Im try to get away from. 3 arrows with nock are $69 here and I find them hard to turn off. If the arrow gets dirty between the nock contacts and carbon they dont light too bright. Just a little more maintanace to think about.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I use a Ten Point system. Works great. Three lighted nocks are about $35.00.

Not sure if they'll work with the ex's bolts.

-Ken

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Just for the record, they're illegal for hunting in Idaho. Regs prohibit any electronic device on bows or arrows.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Just for the record, they're illegal for hunting in Idaho. Regs prohibit any electronic device on bows or arrows.

Luckily the OP lives in Canada!

IC B3

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by bob347
We can get the excaliber arrows here with the lighted nock . They are the Lumenocks from Burt Coyote. These are the ones Im try to get away from. 3 arrows with nock are $69 here and I find them hard to turn off. If the arrow gets dirty between the nock contacts and carbon they dont light too bright. Just a little more maintanace to think about.

Agreed - they are expensive for three bolts, but I haven't any that didn't work from Excalibur - I have had the same nock design with the contacts not work in Carbon Express shafts.

I keep a small set of cheap pliers in the day pack for turning them off - I like that they are not a "click on-click" off nock.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I use a 6" piece of 3/8" clear tubing. Slide it over the nock and shake the arrow with it, pretty easy.

Charter Member
Ancient order of the 1895 Winchester

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
For finding lost arrows lighted nocks would be good. But would it help in daylight or just after dark?

Ever considered using a reflective wrap? I use a 3/4" long reflective wrap between feathers and nock. A miss in the last few moments of legal light can happen. Then just use a flashlight to find it. But I don't use a crossbow and I imagine a bolt can go a good distance, making retrieval diffiult at best.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
After loosing a bolt the year before on a deer I shot, I bought some Lumenocks so I could find my $20 bolt/broadhead after the shot. So now they're $30 bolt/broadhead/knock combos. Picture below is the moment of impact on a deer shot this past season and guess what? Even with a video of the shot/hit I still couldn't find the bolt! mad
Did find the deer though and fun to watch the video.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Charter Member

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn

bob347 Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Lots of good info here from members. I did finally get a hold of John at Nufletch and my order is sent. Hope they are as good as media says. I was also looking at the Parker nocks with the elongated ears to fit over the string serving farther. I heard that Parker went out of business. I can order some on Ebay and might try.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
That’s a neat picture, and a good indication of the thick ground cover the bolt can go into on the East Coast.

We lost a bolt in similar cover a few years ago, it submarined under the mat of vegetation, 3-4 of us looked for hours, never found it. It’s a requirement for the County Park deer management program to recover all of our arrows / bolts, so we are bound by the program to put the time in to find it. Lighted nock didn’t help - even after dark. But, the nock could have “bounced” out of the bolt, if the bolt hit something hard.

I hunt Virginia and Idaho each year, different requirements for each. My arrows for Idaho have reflective wraps as Idaho does not allow lighted nocks - the wraps have helped us recover a number of arrows over the years. Helps in VA too, but the lighted nock has helped me more - YMMV.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by bob347
Lots of good info here from members. I did finally get a hold of John at Nufletch and my order is sent. Hope they are as good as media says. I was also looking at the Parker nocks with the elongated ears to fit over the string serving farther. I heard that Parker went out of business. I can order some on Ebay and might try.

Glad you found some. BTW, Excalibur recommends NOT using anything other than flat nocks. Excalibur's trigger latch releases from the top and they (half moon or capture nocks) are not needed and could possibly cause problems. If it's string serving wear that you're trying to remedy, it's most likely cause by a burr on a nock or rough trigger latches.

Charter Member

szihn

bob347 Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
I do try and stay with flat nocks as excaliber wants and have never had a problem as yet. I dont think I would try the half moon type. Watched a few video's of the Parker Style nocks with the longer ears and would like to try them but the downfall is indexing the arrow. Got some ordered on ebay and will post how they work at a later date. I got one from a buddy that uses them and put it on the arrow and they seem to fit string good. Doesn't seem to interfere or cause clearance problem at string release area.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

533 members (1234, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 160user, 43 invisible), 2,215 guests, and 1,176 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,643
Posts18,493,286
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.