-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Rost, I wasn't ragging on you, I just started ragging on the BS on TV hunting shows in general and got carried away. I don't watch them often for that reason. I start yelling at the TV and making an ass out of myself laugh

I love it when they "flip" off their safeties with a huge buck 40 yards away. Yup, that's the way to do it. The buck is SLOWLY walking at 80 yards, but it is a "no shoot" situation for fear of wounding a moving aniaml. What the hell?????? What are they shooting, a BB gun?

Oh, and my absolute biggest pet peave. They shoot the animal and it takes off running. They turn the camera on the doofus that did the shooting, only to show some fat guy in camo laughing and high fiving. For hell sakes, stay on the animal and finish what you started. I don't want to see the doofus hunter either. I want to see the animal go down. I don't want a 5 minute commentary on "what just took place". Uggg....idiots!!!!

I cringe when they say, "I just made an excellent shot on that animal. I am going back to camp to tell the guys and we will come back in the morning to recover it. We want to give it plenty of time to expire." The animal is spoiled PERIOD, especially bears and elk! How unethical is that? I have seen animals spoil in 45 degree temps when left over night. You just can't leave animals over night. The fact that they don't even give it any effort makes me crazy. Bunch of worthless turds!! I gotta stop, I am going to blow a gaskette! laugh Flinch

Flinch Outdoor Gear broadhead extractor. The best device for pulling your head out.
GB1

R
rost495 Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
R
Flinch

My mistake.... I thought I felt heat....

Hey, you and I could get along great, I was pissing and moaning watching the le tour de yellow bellies with my wife last night complaining on all the stupid comments and filming there, and she said go watch hunting but what would be the difference, she doesnt like to hear me chewing those shows out...

I still say some of the best I've seen are Gander Mountains run, one where they caught no fish, another where they shot the only caribou they saw in days at the end of the hunt.... no high five crap etc......

And yep, I often wonder about TV show vitals, the "back of the lungs" is damn near the hindquarter and mostly into the small intestines the way it often looks to me...... stomach for sure..

Jeff

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Flinch; I SO agree with you about them leaving animals to spoil overnight, and acting like it's ok to do so! I hate that! No wonder some people don't like to eat wild game meat. mad

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Flitch,

+100

I'm with you - I can't hardly watch any of those shows without my girlfriend looking at me like I'm crazed. I catch myself yelling at the TV every time I watch one of those shows.

"What the hell are you waiting for?" "Pull the m***** f***in' trigger!" - as this huge buck 70 yards away is S L O W L Y making his way across an open field with 6" of grass in it. Meanwhile the guide is whispering "WAIT. WAIT! NOT YET! Let him come to a complete stop."

Guess thats why I've never been on a guided hunt.

Well, I guess for me those shows are a great stress reliever. I can rant and rave at all of the stupidity, sure beats kickin' at the dog after a tough day!

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
700: I don't laugh at people who hunt meat. I think it's good, and do it myself. I think a lot of deer herds (Vermont and Pennsylvania) have been ruined by not taking enough does.

I do have a REAL problem with 630 yard shots on grizzly bears, regardless of how skilled a guy is with a rifle.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
IC B2

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Originally Posted by BobinNH
700: I don't laugh at people who hunt meat. I think it's good, and do it myself. I think a lot of deer herds (Vermont and Pennsylvania) have been ruined by not taking enough does.

I do have a REAL problem with 630 yard shots on grizzly bears, regardless of how skilled a guy is with a rifle.

I,very much, agree with you.Another thing that irks me immensely is the laughing and hollering after a shot, by some fat retard.It can only be topped by getting to your animal and the first thing you do,is get the tape measure out and see if you made the book.
A bit of respect goes a long,long way.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I was disturbed by the shot on the grizzley too. Luckily it was in the wide open. However, I do like the show. It is not bubba TV. What I hate most about these so called hunting shows, besides the things already mentioned, is the fake walk up. With the camera behind the animal as the hunter and guide (there always has to be a guide) walk up from the other direction. They have definitly been to the deer already.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've watched the Best of West show several times because I have two friends that are regularly on it, but I sure agree with all the negative comments about it, and I've passed it on to my friends. One thing I'd like to point out, I recorded several of them and when I went back to watch them I could eliminate all the commercials. Do you have any idea of how much is commercials and how much time is for the show? Try 20 minutes for the hunting part, the rest of the hour is commercials!! Add to that, that when they switch back from the commercials there is a several minute rerun of what they showed in the last segment so you might have at most 10 minutes of actual hunt! Then, add to that, that what you see is worthless pictures of guys getting in position, boosting their egos by detailing their efforts, and other stuff they could film in their back yards or camp.

I've yet to see one that even remotely captured what goes on in a hunt. Pitiful.

Used to be bobski, member since '01
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

58 members (aaronward9, 10gaugemag, 6mmbrfan, 6MMWASP, BigCreekRanger, 9 invisible), 1,546 guests, and 745 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,555
Posts18,510,427
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.