Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
I recently asked a question about sights for a MK II. Few responses. Years ago the thread would have rolled. I found the info that I needed and went on with the project.

A year or two ago I asked a question about a stock project, an adjustable butt plate. There was some good feedback but then a couple posters going back and forth on a tangent issue.

Again, I received the info that I wanted but left that experience with the realization that the site really doesn’t have a sense of good community any longer. It’s a shame when you know what the site used to be known for.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by K22
Originally Posted by hasbeen1945
I began to wonder about RFC when they lost Sarona Gun works. Dennis was their expert on Ruger Mark pistols.
He supplied all their drawings and tips to repair. Also answered almost all questions regarding these pistols. I use the term expert lightly. Dennis did not treat the snow flakes lightly. He said things as they are. RFC and Dennis parted ways. RFC’s loss.
I’ve sent 3 pistols to Dennis. Very happen with him. Hasbeen

That is a sad fact.

Never question some of the so called guru's on there and you will be good to go. Call out one of them for posting false info and you'll get a pm from the top floor at the very least. Or you may get a 30 day time out like some of us did.
In the old days it was ok to call out bad info no matter who posted it, but hey, I mainly just skim the site from time to time and move on.

I’m pretty much with you. I look at the topics I’m interested in. Don’t comment much. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think party what has happened at rimfirecentral is what happens to a lot of forums. Each individual manufacturer owner wants their own forum and when that happens you end up with so many subforums that the discussion gets narrowed down to the point very little can be said that hasn't already been said. When there are fewer forums they can have the same discussions because a lot of issues are common to more than one manufacturer or user IMO.... I find that I get more out of the RFC site when I go to "New Posts" and scan all the different discussions going on and pick and choose what looks interesting. Before, I would just hit a few forums for the things I was interested in and missed the rest of the site.

If I remember correctly and I'm sure someone will correct me, I think RFC started out as a 10-22 site and expanded slowly to the point it is now. I have found certain forums on RFC to be more problematic than others and especially the 10-22 specific forums tend to have more juvenile attitudes toward guests than a lot of the forums I follow like Winchester, Remington, Kimber, Optics, Stockmaking and repair, etc....

Bob

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Subforums in the classifieds would benefit this forum.

K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by Sheister
I think party what has happened at rimfirecentral is what happens to a lot of forums. Each individual manufacturer owner wants their own forum and when that happens you end up with so many subforums that the discussion gets narrowed down to the point very little can be said that hasn't already been said. When there are fewer forums they can have the same discussions because a lot of issues are common to more than one manufacturer or user IMO.... I find that I get more out of the RFC site when I go to "New Posts" and scan all the different discussions going on and pick and choose what looks interesting. Before, I would just hit a few forums for the things I was interested in and missed the rest of the site.

If I remember correctly and I'm sure someone will correct me, I think RFC started out as a 10-22 site and expanded slowly to the point it is now. I have found certain forums on RFC to be more problematic than others and especially the 10-22 specific forums tend to have more juvenile attitudes toward guests than a lot of the forums I follow like Winchester, Remington, Kimber, Optics, Stockmaking and repair, etc....

Bob

That is correct Bob. The site was beginning to form into other rimfires when I started following it. Heck, the banner they used back then was outstanding. RFC was a favorite site to go to for me so I hope it can recover and become that again.

IC B2

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
You can still get informed responses to specific questions, especially about vintage stuff (mauser 22's, single- shots), and they generously share in-depth reviews (CZ and Browning rimfires. But no question the traffic there is reduced from even 5 years ago, much less 10.. There's only so much interest one can generate with 10/22's...

Last edited by JeffG; 03/09/21.

"...One Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for All"

JeffG
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have noticed some of the older posters who I was developing some rapport with and had actually bought some items from, including a couple rifles, have disappeared . Ken Seatem (?) and several others who were regular posters and very generous in sharing info have disappeared from the site. A real shame as they were really easy going fellas who shared lots of info in a manner that could be understood and taken to a match the next Sunday and actually worked.. can't address the 10-22 sites except for a very few times I have peaked into them and was pretty turned off ... never have been much of a 10-22 fan in any case...

But the complaining we here over on this site regarding RFC is, I believe, pretty self inflicted at times. I have never found the moderation over there to be overly strict and I also find it laughable that someone from this site, which has basically no moderation at all and can become a dumpster fire at the drop of a hat, would complain about anything on another site. :0 .... All sites go through change and trust me, this one has changed at least as much as most- I've been here since this site started and I've seen the changes. It's up to the membership on any site to be self policing for the most part...

Bob

Last edited by Sheister; 03/09/21.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C

Sheister,

Your reply regarding RFC complaints being self- inflicted is pretty ignorant of the facts.

You may want to re-reread the comments.

Of course you learned all about Winchester 72's over there ..........so must be great site.

Best,

Chuck

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
HPC1989 changed his name to 38 Special. That's an interesting course of action for someone who is "out of here."

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by cisco1

Sheister,

Your reply regarding RFC complaints being self- inflicted is pretty ignorant of the facts.

Of course you learned all about Winchester 72's over there ..........so must be great site.

Best,

Chuck

You assume an awful lot for not knowing me at all... if it was so bad, why has no one posted a link to all the mean threads that hurt your feelings? Then we could make up our own minds on the matter. I've been there quite some time and never run across the issues a few here are complaining about...

Bob

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Sheister
Originally Posted by cisco1

Sheister,

Best,

Chuck

You assume an awful lot for not knowing me at all... if it was so bad, why has no one posted a link to all the mean threads that hurt your feelings? Then we could make up our own minds on the matter. I've been there quite some time and never run across the issues a few here are complaining about...

Bob

I don't doubt the members who are speaking of favoritism. I have never seen it though. I'd like to see an example.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I've noticed that the more specific forums tend to go the way of RFC. I read on a few of them. They all have their 'duty experts', and tight control of opposing points of view, experiences, or opinions.

Here at 24HCF the forum is really quite a wide variety of interests. It can be a 'mosh pit' at times, but at least free speech is respected.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
RFC would be billed more accurately,as DFC(Dumb Fhuqk Central). Hint.

It is a gathering of Blue Haired Knitting Ninnys swappin' Wives Tales and gross misinformation,so for the Oblivious Humor Quotient...it tends to be rather "impressive". Very fhuqking FEW there actually shoot and the Safe Queen "Adventures",are rather fhuqking HILARIOUS! Hint.

Crying Karens NEED "rules",to "save" them from their own STUPIDITY. Pretty funny schit!

Hint..................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Sheister,

I know enough about you . F U C K I N G pain in the ass.

You jumped on my post for a rifle I had for sale with a lot of made -up bad info.

As for RFC Big Stick gets close ...but only F U C K I N G close . Hint Hint Hint.

RFC does not believe in the 1st Amendment.The only thing they shoot is , like you Sheister , their mouth.

As for you , Barnard, I quit posting there a long ,long time ago . I don't have examples for you.

I skip through their classifieds in about a minute. Every once inna while I buy something.

If you like yer RFC you can keep yer RFC.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yep, you still whine pretty good for a guy who sells crap that isn't what he says it is and won't admit when he's proven wrong.... I'm wondering if this is the same reason you are whining about RFC also?

I hope your 72 made somebody happy and they don't realize they bought a misrepresented piece not worth what it was advertised as....

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
RFC is not someplce I go often. When I have, I have gotten some good info. If you think RFC is bad you obviously have not frequented .22 Firearm Owners on Not-to-Your Face book.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C

Sheister,

No whining here.........just the facts Maam, just the facts.

Got that, Buddy?

I have you down for amazingly stupid.

Wy don't you do some research on RFC?

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

651 members (12344mag, 1234, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 69 invisible), 2,791 guests, and 1,255 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,415
Posts18,528,222
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.