-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Never swam with them but have surfed with a few. Does that count?

When I was a punk I swam with sharks.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Originally Posted by kolofardos
Originally Posted by JoeBob
You’re gonna get raped. Dolphins are noted horn dogs.

Truth!

They're kinda rape-y. Apparently also carry std's like warts.

I always wear a condom when I’m around dolphins.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Can't help as to OP but at every opportunity recall a buddy I've hunted and fished with a bunch. Anyway, 30 miles off of Chatham one of the tuna baits gets crushed. BIG BLUEFIN TIGHT! Not exactly. Any idea what fighting a 600 lb marine mammal on stand-up and when at the boat hours later to remove hook and release it starts whistling a squeaking and making those crazy clicking sounds... Mate was like, I think I just understood his language and he wants us not to hurt him!" lol some of the things you can see and experience only offshore.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Have had them steal a stringer of fish twice wade fishing, the first thing that goes through your mind is, shark.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by kamo_gari
Can't help as to OP but at every opportunity recall a buddy I've hunted and fished with a bunch. Anyway, 30 miles off of Chatham one of the tuna baits gets crushed. BIG BLUEFIN TIGHT! Not exactly. Any idea what fighting a 600 lb marine mammal on stand-up and when at the boat hours later to remove hook and release it starts whistling a squeaking and making those crazy clicking sounds... Mate was like, I think I just understood his language and he wants us not to hurt him!" lol some of the things you can see and experience only offshore.

True.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
We took the kids to discovery cove in Fkorida a few years ago, I think it's part of sea world. They got a huge kick out of it. Ya pay extra for the "dolphin experience" but we got a free booze upgrade to all of whatever we wanted.

Anyway the dolphin thing was fun, the kids loved it. They were 18 and 16. Didnt think the dolphin was slimy or smelly. Felt like a wet inflated tire.

Location Western NC,
after alot of other places
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Daughter did it in Hawaii and she enjoyed it, was cool.

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Avoid swimming with captive hamster dolphins in a tourist trap swimming pool.

Go to Kona Hawaii. swim about 300 yards out from the beach and swim with the wild spinner dolphins that come into the bay and feed every day. pretty cool. No they didn't try and hump me.

pm if interested

Originally Posted by Tarkio
Daughter will be a senior this coming school year.

She decided to ask for a grad gift for us to all go on a family vacation which we haven't done in probably 10 years. The one caveat is that she wants to swim with dolphins.

I know I have seen some advertisements over the years for the "swim with dolphins" experiences. Don't recall where except for maybe Sea World.

Anyone here ever do it? Suggestions where the experience was good? Places to avoid? I believe a friend of hers just came back from Puerto Rico where they has the opportunity and this is what got her to thinking.

Last edited by ribka; 06/09/21.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Tarkio
Daughter will be a senior this coming school year.

She decided to ask for a grad gift for us to all go on a family vacation which we haven't done in probably 10 years. The one caveat is that she wants to swim with dolphins.

I know I have seen some advertisements over the years for the "swim with dolphins" experiences. Don't recall where except for maybe Sea World.

Anyone here ever do it? Suggestions where the experience was good? Places to avoid? I believe a friend of hers just came back from Puerto Rico where they has the opportunity and this is what got her to thinking.

We did it on Grand Cayman. It was actually really fun.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Kinda like azzhole dogs of the sea????

LOL!!!

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Discovery Cove at Disney.

They have a mini water park that the dolphin encounter is park of. When we went a few years ago, they did not over sell the attraction, and it was a pleasant day all around. They do A?V talk about dolphins, get you suited up, and you do the encounter with a trainer. Only one group/family at a time in each pool, so it was very individual. My daughter loved it and says it was one of the best things we ever did as a family.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

Truth!

LOL, what happens if the dolphin doesn't want to wear one?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Aces is correct the Waikola Hilton offers this experience. It’s a beautiful resort we’ve stayed there 3 times.

It’s a spendy place to stay but far more affordable if you sign up to view their timeshare offerings.

It’s not my redneck cup of tea but I’ve had fun with it. Both the resort & the timeshare offerings. I tend to go to them looking like I can’t afford a cup of coffee leave alone a timeshare.

Also wander around the resort looking same.

But the lagoon pool area where the swim w dolphins are offered is fantastic. Well worth the experience imo

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

Truth!

LOL, what happens if the dolphin doesn't want to wear one?

They're the Bill Cosbys' of the sea!
😂

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Back in the early 90's, I took Wife 1.0 (Satan) to the Keys. She wanted to go play with the dolphins. There was a place in Key Largo.

For whatever reason, the dolphins gave me an exceedingly wide berth. I must have had the "NO FUN" sticker on my back.

However, there was entertainment to be had. There was a 13 yr old girl that must have been menstruating. She got in the pool and the male dolphin (named Rocky) would not leave her alone. He came up and hooked her around her legs with his prehensile penis and kept dragging her away from the ladder. It took some doing to get the poor girl extricated from the mess. She came out of the water quite hysterical. Yikes! I thought he was going to drown her.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Pappy348
How do they taste?😋

Like Starkist Tuna........I guess.

Last edited by Rooster7; 06/10/21.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Originally Posted by Pappy348
How do they taste?😋

Like Starkist Tuna........I guess.

LOL ! 😬

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by hatari
Discovery Cove at Disney.

They have a mini water park that the dolphin encounter is park of. When we went a few years ago, they did not over sell the attraction, and it was a pleasant day all around. They do A?V talk about dolphins, get you suited up, and you do the encounter with a trainer. Only one group/family at a time in each pool, so it was very individual. My daughter loved it and says it was one of the best things we ever did as a family.

Some of my very good friends took their kids their to do it about 15 years ago. They enjoyed it very much.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Y
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Y
Dolphin research center on Grassey Key which is just above Marathon in the keys.
All you need to know about Dolphins including feeding them and swimming.
About a half day at a very nice place.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by shaman
Back in the early 90's, I took Wife 1.0 (Satan) to the Keys. She wanted to go play with the dolphins. There was a place in Key Largo.

For whatever reason, the dolphins gave me an exceedingly wide berth. I must have had the "NO FUN" sticker on my back.

However, there was entertainment to be had. There was a 13 yr old girl that must have been menstruating. She got in the pool and the male dolphin (named Rocky) would not leave her alone. He came up and hooked her around her legs with his prehensile penis and kept dragging her away from the ladder. It took some doing to get the poor girl extricated from the mess. She came out of the water quite hysterical. Yikes! I thought he was going to drown her.

Was it just joe biden in a dolphin suit?

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

532 members (219 Wasp, 1badf350, 204guy, 12344mag, 163bc, 1Longbow, 40 invisible), 2,136 guests, and 1,179 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,227
Posts18,504,323
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.