Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
A few years back I got a group text from out of the area. It was a couple ladies telling me how wonderful my garden was and "Thank you so much for those black melons! They were wonderful!"

I couldn't resist and responded with "Well, you know what they say. Once you go black, you'll never go back."

They responded with blushing emojis.

6-8 months later the group text started up again asking questions about my gardening. I led them on for awhile before one of them got suspicious and called me! It was great!!!!! They were a couple church ladies from Tennessee that thought they were talking with a fellow from their congregation. We had a good laugh about it and they were really good sports. Quite relieved the old man that had been giving them black melons wasn't a complete degenerate. HA!

Keep hoping and waiting for the next opportunity.

You guys would never do something so rude......

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Had very similar happen but it was a group text from a ram rod telling all his minions the details of punch lists for certain apartment buildings that were being constructed

Stuff like unit 23 need elect outlet covers, outside light fixture, address decals, etc.

I hit em back a couple times about Mountain Dew bottles being discovered by the codes inspector in some of the floor ducts, a closet smelling like urine, motor oil dripped on the concrete.
lol

I got the “???????? Which unit”

I call blocked them after about the 3rd time.

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
A true professional.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I get between 6-8 calls a day from random scammers trying to sell my business something.

I used to politely ask them to remove my cell # from their call list...Didn’t help.

Then I stopped answering most calls, letting voicemail sort it out...Calls kept coming in, sometimes multiple calls from almost the same number.

Sometimes, if I’m bored, I answer and speak in fluent Kung-Fuawnese. Which get’s me a lot of quick hang ups. Winner

Now, when I get blown up by the same 503-718-xxxx number, multiple times a day. I’ll eventually take the call and wait for someone to answer....Then I tell them how I’m going to hunt them down, cut their fûcking eyes out, but not before I make them watch me kill their family and rape their pets...This works about the same as speaking Kung-Fuawnese, but more satisfying.

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
At least two cop charities per week asking for $$$$$.

Taking suggestions ???

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 284LUVR

Taking suggestions ???

That’s easy one, pard. Tell them you already gave all your money to the Fire Department Charity.

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just the car repair. Give them a baseball field address.

Last edited by mtnsnake; 06/16/21.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A few years ago a gal called my number by mistake and when I answered, she just started talking as though she had the right number... I said yes, uh-huh, and grunted in all the right places and asked a few well placed questions and kept her talking for about 1/2 hour or so. Finally the subject got around to her (our) sex life and I had to let her know who I was as I couldn't stop laughing in the back ground.... I was actually a bit disappointed when she didn't call me back...

I've gotten a lot of interesting wrong number texts and it always surprises me how many are about sex with their partners - who they think they are texting... after a few texts I usually say, "this is very interesting and all, but I think you may have the wrong number"..... funny thing is, they usually send another text to respond- something like "sorry", or " never mind" , or the best was " nice talking to you".....

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Got a random text once from a chick intended for another chick. I texted back “Wrong number, but send me your pic, anyway.”

She did, and was kinda cute, so we started going back and forth a bit. I slammed on the brakes when I found out she had 5 kids. eek

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Got a group text one time congratulating someone on having a new baby, that was fun for awhile. I got blocked after I asked if the baby came out burnt like the last one.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Both of my grandfathers were great wrong-number pranksters.

Dad's Dad always told wrong numbers that he was the funeral director and that he was consoling the family. The party they had tried to call had just passed on.

Mom's Dad had a home phone number that was 1 digit off from the nearby Frisch's Big Boy. For 20 years he took multiple carry-out orders per week. He'd even offer them a free piece of pie or some such thing.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
If you KNOW that it is a wrong number, scammer, etc.

Answer with this:

'...OK!.... it's done, there's blood everywhere, and I'm not cleaning it up...' do not wait for reply, just hang up.

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
A real problem is that they have gotten VERY good with the automated voices and responses........... takes a bit sometimes to realize you are not talking to a real person............

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not a prank,

Couple years ago an older colored lady would call.

Called several times. Just start talking @ hello.

Politely Tell her she had wrong number, she say I’m calling xxx-1234. My son.

I say no ‘mam. This is xxx-1243.

You sure? Yes ‘mam.

Went on 2x week for a couple weeks.

I kept answering, i didn’t know her but recognized the number.

Think her mind was starting to slip.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Accidentally sexting your mother a pic of your throbber can be a bit embarrassing.

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Visiting at my brother's house. Phone rang and caller ID shows our mom's number. He tells me to answer it. I answer it and we talk a little bit, but I could tell she wanted to talk to my brother. The conversation kind of lagged and we hung up.

Almost immediately his phone rang again. It's mom calling back. So I answer it again. This time she addressed me by my first AND middle name. She was a little peeved at me for letting her think she was losing her mind and had called me by mistake.

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by 284LUVR

Taking suggestions ???

Ask them what percentage actually goes to the police. One actually told me some obscene number like 30%. I said, ok I will triple it and drive down and hand them a check myself. Screw you whores.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I work for a trucking co... I get misdialed number calls from time to time...

I can't tell you how many credit card numbers I have gotten from people that called the wrong number to buy things...

A few months ago, I had a guy call in to complain about the mail delivery to his mail box... before the call was over, I had him convinced by handling undelivered mail, has was going to be prosecuted..

Well... we have come to the point.... where... the parasites are killing the host. It's only a matter of time now.

They only win.... when they cheat.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Accidentally sexting your mother a pic of your throbber can be a bit embarrassing.

I worked with a guy that was, as the story goes, about to 'get some' at home, and suddenly needed to go pick up one of the kids, or something............

Not wanting the wifey to 'lose the mood' texted her a pic of his 'ready and able' member..............

Shortly after....

Daughter goes into moms bedroom, throws the phone at her mom and says, Dad texted, I'm pretty sure it's for YOU.................

( . Y . )
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
No.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

514 members (222Sako, 219 Wasp, 1OntarioJim, 163bc, 12344mag, 22250rem, 46 invisible), 2,434 guests, and 1,316 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,917
Posts18,518,756
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.