-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Here is where I find these numbers a bit misleading. It doesn't say which states, or mortgage sizes.

You can hunt longer with wind at your back
GB1

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
The vast majority of people live well beyond their means. I see it all too often with young, new Airmen that come in and instantly get a high car payment, insurance to match and interest out the wazoo. People paying a majority of their paychecks to car note and rent, and then complain they don’t make enough, instead of living with what they can afford.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I didn't.

And, all but 2 tenants are keeping up with new flex-payment option I put in place back in March.

And, those 2 tenants were problematic pre-corona.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Pahntr760
The vast majority of people live well beyond their means.

Credit is good for the responsible and an enslaving trap for the rest.

“When debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.”
- Socrates
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Blackheart
I didn't make a mortgage payment in May or June because I made the final payment in April.

Winner winner. I'd have been debt free 20 years ago if not for evil #2.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Pahntr760
The vast majority of people live well beyond their means. I see it all too often with young, new Airmen that come in and instantly get a high car payment, insurance to match and interest out the wazoo. People paying a majority of their paychecks to car note and rent, and then complain they don’t make enough, instead of living with what they can afford.

That's VERY true. The bank will 'qualify' them for a mortgage loan. Just because you CAN borrow that much doesn't mean you SHOULD borrow that much. A maximum mortgage will leave them running on the edge for the next 30 years.
OTOH, in many areas housing costs are skyrocketing and buyers don't have much choice. Even tiny, old houses are selling for what a big new one sold for a few years ago. Young people these days are getting into serious debt.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by blindshooter
Originally Posted by Blackheart
I didn't make a mortgage payment in May or June because I made the final payment in April.

Winner winner. I'd have been debt free 20 years ago if not for evil #2.

Paid 2 off since the 1st of March.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jackmountain
I don't believe that B.S.. We have 8 renters and none missed a payment. Two friends have property management companies and said they're not experiencing anything close to that %. I don't believe 1/4 of what's being reported by the MSM.

Im with you on that. Im in the industrial and warehousing business and we arent seeing many problems with rents. Retail landlords will be the hardest hit in my opinion. But they will work out deferments or even abatements for tenants as it costs a lot more than a two or three months rent to be vacant and lease out the vacant spaces. With laws in place that keep landlords from evicting and banks from foreclosing people will take advantage. I get 1st ,last and security deposits for my clients so some that miss a month will agree to have that last month apply to a missed month and then make up the last month over some time.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Otter
Haven't made a mortgage payment since March 6 this year, but it was the last one we owed. Saw the potential covid mess coming and decided not to spend money on a new car, a vacation, new phone & etc. Different priorities than some folks, I guess.

Exactly it amazes me how many people live paycheck-to-paycheck , refinance to stretch their mortgage out as long as possible every few years, never get ahead they have the same balance for 20 years on their mortgage, have no Savings in case something happens like this, go on cruises two times a year , buy a new car every two years, but they don't have spare pennies saved for anything. I paid my mortgage off last year 9 years early saving about $20,000 in intrest. Working on retirement investments now.

Location Western NC,
after alot of other places
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Ya I missed my house payment too. Since 1996 that is.

Gun Owners of America
Escapee's RV Club
Elks
Moose
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You never own your house. If you think you do stop paying taxes on it and see how long you own it.

LOL
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
We have 2 properties owner financed[same person], she missed April & May but has since caught up 1 of the 4 missed payments and has post dated checks to us making up the other 3 over the next couple of months.

FJB & FJT
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Not house rent, but storage for our camper as we can't keep it here. Talked with the guy who owns the storage place, thinking he might have a ton of issues with people not paying their rent. He said it was unusual, but he had better collections than normal.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Fireball2
You never own your house. If you think you do stop paying taxes on it and see how long you own it.

Or land, it really sucks but is true

Location Western NC,
after alot of other places
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Fireball2

Which begs the question that if politicians feel they can legislate a moratorium on renters and homeowners paying their rent or mortgage, why don't they legislate a moratorium on property tax? Or income tax, or sales tax, etc.? whistle

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I don’t necessarily believe the numbers that missed a mortgage payment.
But is see so many people living well beyond their means, fancy new cars, $1000 I phones, eating at high end restaurants,etc. I dont have the least bit of sympathy for them.
But I suspect that those that properly managed their finances, will get stuck with the tab.

NRA Patron
T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Common sense tells me that a percentage of our savings, retirement accounts and investments will be taxed - stolen before 2024. Only those who have a little $aved will be required to bail out the freeloaders and deadbeats. If you're not making the rules your gonna get screwed.

Life is good live it while you can.
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Klaus Schwab, Dan Crenshaws and Telsi Gabbards puppetmaster of Davos and World Economic Forum.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Don't know for sure, but I suspect the now generations has no understanding of a rainy day fund.

Have friends that replace the old with new as soon as the original is paid off.

Last edited by 1minute; 10/02/21.

1Minute
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Had major surgery March 2020. Went 4 months without a paycheck. Salary reduction of 75% when I was able to return to work. Have yet to miss a payment on the farm, or anything else.

Yes, we had a rainy day fund. However, made a conscious choice to sell a bunch of stuff to minimize draw down on the rainy day fund. Vehicle fleet averages 13 years old with 150K miles. But, everything starts, stops and drives. We will survive...

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

502 members (10gaugemag, 270cowboy, 21, 2500HD, 1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 58 invisible), 2,679 guests, and 1,231 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,815
Posts18,536,738
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.