Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
MPat70 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Taiwan's Foreign Minister Joseph Wu in a hugely provocative interview with Australian broadcasting ABC's China tonight program warned that Taiwan is preparing for war with China and urged its larger Indo-Pacific neighbor to help.

Wu said his nation will repel any coming attack, "The defense of Taiwan is in our own hands, and we are absolutely committed to that," he told ABC's Stan Grant. The interview is set for broadcast on Monday evening (local time). "If China is going to launch a war against Taiwan we will fight to the end, and that is our commitment." He made an appeal to Australia's leaders for greater support to Taiwan during the growing crisis and showdown.

"I'm sure that if China is going to launch an attack against Taiwan, I think they are going to suffer tremendously as well," Wu threatened. It comes after Friday and Saturday Chinese PLA jet incursions into Taiwan's air defense zone. Friday's breaches saw 38 total jets fly toward Taiwan while Saturday saw 39.

Though Australia doesn't officially recognize the self-ruled island, Wu appealed to leaders in Canberra as follows: "We would like to engage in security or intelligence exchanges with other like-minded partners, Australia included, so Taiwan is better prepared to deal with the war situation."

"And so far, our relations with Australia [are] very good and that is what we appreciate," Wu added.

China has already given a resounding 'response' to these latest provocative statements out of Taiwan, on Monday sending a record-smashing 52 PLA jets to breach southwest defense zone.

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopoliti...ar-china-sends-record-52-pla-jets-toward

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
GB1

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
china is pushing it since they know we now have an incompetent old fool and a cum burping gutter slut in charge.

My diploma is a DD214
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This administration is China's best opportunity to further their agenda of world domination.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
China will eventually roll through Taiwan like crap through a goose and there ain’t nothing this administration will do to stop it

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
The CCP won't suffer, just the poor saps they send.

IC B2

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I'm no geo-political guru by a long shot...the last real challenge China's military faced was the dust up with the Russians which came to a stalemate, but it'll be quite a step up from "invading'' Tibet, where the big tactic of that war was the Dalai Lama fleeing to India, to their stated goal of acquiring Taiwan which has a real military capability, without totally destroying the value of it's industrial manufacturing base. You can count on China for three things, deceit...disease...defective goods, and that's about all. Smarter people than me think China is a paper tiger.

Last edited by flintlocke; 10/04/21.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 45_100
This administration is China's best opportunity to further their agenda of world domination.

Yep surprised they weren't F35's with red stars on them courtesy of Slo Joe.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by GAGoober
China will eventually roll through Taiwan like crap through a goose and there ain’t nothing this administration will do to stop it

Will any other country in the world attempt to help Taiwan?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Biden will probably openly support China's act of war somehow. And the media will too.

It takes a village to raise an idiot.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 45_100

This is reality, & China, unlike us, will take full advantage of the situation.

Anyone that thinks differently has their head WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY up their ass.

MM

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"We would like to engage in security or intelligence exchanges with other like-minded partners, Australia included, so Taiwan is better prepared to deal with the war situation."

Australia is a little busy right now, Taiwan.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
China may be biting off more than it can chew. Their record of success with such endeavors in the past has been very poor.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by Triggernosis

We & others will with a bunch of hot air rhetoric and some sanctions or posturing. When it comes to physical armed military support-NO

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Hey Rem, can I use "cum burping gutter slut"?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's a safe bet China makes a run at Taiwan, especially if the GOP takes back the house & Senate in 2022. They definitely do not want Trump back in office when they make a move.

I've heard some say China will quickly have a "million men swimming" if they try to invade Taiwan. That might have been true a few years ago, not sure now.

Taiwan has the resources to develop nukes, it would be interesting to see if they do. I also think China's 3 Gorges dam, would make a fine target.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G

India also says China is about to attack them. They say they are purchasing as many used Fighter jets as other countries will sell them. One good news is Chinese jet engines only last 10 hours.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
If their military is equipped by the Chinese contractors who supply Harbor Freight, all Taiwan needs to do is last a week or two.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Triggernosis

Not unless it is obvious that Taiwan is wining.

Politics is War by Other Means
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by flintlocke
If their military is equipped by the Chinese contractors who supply Harbor Freight, all Taiwan needs to do is last a week or two.

That’s a good one ! 😂

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Japan would I believe.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

334 members (160user, 1badf350, 163bc, 1eyedmule, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 26 invisible), 1,376 guests, and 1,019 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,216
Posts18,524,404
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.