Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Spent a week down south getting pelted on the head with walnuts and acorns in Amish country. More product testing of the bowhunting gear. Saw some great rutting activity. Took a doe on the 4th day and then a buck the next day. Here are some edited video to prevent some here from getting triggered by seeing/hearing the names of the companies gear I was testing.

Then the buck I took.

Then it was time for me to do another Euro mount,

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Instead of throwing this rack on the pile of racks in the basement, I spent some time building a wall in the first garage to hang the 11 bucks from the last 4 seasons. (And left room for more)

4 of them are the last 4 Wisconsin archery 10 point bucks Ive taken and the rest are traveling business trips to test bowhunting products. The largest (bottom row Center) has a gross score or 166 and a net of 160 1/8. I entered that one in the P&Y books as that was taken on my land in WI. The top 3 from the left are also WI bow bucks I took on my land. Ive run out of room in my house for mounts and still have 8 mounts coming from my taxidermist in Africa that I will have to find a lace to display.

Ive already got a early season Whitetail hunt booked for next year in MO and Ill have enough points to draw my Iowa bow tag. I will fit those bow hunts in around my August Muskox bowhunt in Greenland and then it's off to Germany and instead of trying to fit in the 7 day Africa hunt I won from Pope and Young, next year I will defer that adventure bow to 2023.

In Early Dec. Im getting a total knee replacement so I dont think I will do any warm weather get-away hunts this winter but that will depend on how Im healing.

I see some new faces posting bow kills (Excellent!) and a few non-bowhunters posting crossbow kills. Ive not seen any of the regular group of whiners and complainers and piss and moaners posting any bow kills, which is easy to understand why (hint). wink

My favorite part of a bowhunting harvest. Tenderlions from last week's buck cooked sous vide to exactly 132 F.

Until next time
Your pal
The Adventure bowhunter

Last edited by sharp_things; 11/08/21.

Member Wisconsin Bowhunters Assc, Wisconsin Traditional archers, Pope and Young, Asbhy 100,
GB1

E
E
Just to put this into reality, as Ron Kulas never does. "my land in Wisconsin" means his house in the city limits, where he kills deer in his backyard under a nuisance program. He's able to use his state tag under this program to keep one buck per year. The buck he arrowed this year ran across the street and died in his neighbors back yard. He used his drone to find it there.
The rest of the bucks are high fence deer that he claims his "business associates" pay for. Not sure why they cheap out so bad and only cover cull-bucks.
Just wanted others to know exactly what they are seeing here. No judgment, if you like this kind of stuff so be it. To me it's deer extermination and killing farm animals. Not bowhunting.

Last edited by EddieMuldoon; 11/09/21.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
His ways are no secret on this board Eddie, but it is good to have more folks validate this. I assume you have first hand knowledge of this, but wouldn't ask you to give specifics on a public forum.

I have to question his home euro mounts too, as boiling or even simmering the skulls like his pic shows will whiten the antler burr and however much of the antler is below the water line. Shoe polish or other stains can help hide that whitening but his pics do not look like he did that.

I am skeptical, yet again.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (222Sako, 12344mag, 160user, 240NMC, 1lessdog, 17CalFan, 67 invisible), 2,256 guests, and 1,257 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,286
Posts18,486,887
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.