Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
Well this is worrisome. I hope to go back to South Africa next year. Countries are banning flights already over fears about this new variant. Hope it gets sorted out and is not as bad as feared. My 2020 trip was postponed to 2021. I’ll be 80 in February so postponing things is becoming more problematic. 😉

Al

Spend your life wisely.
GB1

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
By 2022 hunting season this “variant” will have run its course. By then we will have a new variant.

Short term, this may effect outfitters coming in for the big shows in January.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
GOING TO BE CONSTANT VARIANTS. This will never end. As planned. Going to break every business until the deep state does the great reset.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Originally Posted by WildWest
GOING TO BE CONSTANT VARIANTS. This will never end. As planned. Going to break every business until the deep state does the great reset.

Qanon membership paid up??

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jdollar

Well, what do you think happened? Maybe some Chinaman ate some raw bat sushi and spread a bat disease around town that inadvertently got to Italy and the U.S. brought by Chinese travelers that went to Wuhan for the Chinese New Year celebration? Or you reckon that bioweapon lab had something to do with it?

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
IC B2

G
GRF Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
WoodsyAl; I’m pulling for you brother!! Hopefully we’ve (the powers that be) learned a thing or two on how to sort these things out quickly.

Best of luck in getting the trip to happen.

GRF

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
This is a terrible gut punch for African hunting. I fear that many safari operators who hung on for the last 2 seasons may not make it through yet another year if this travel ban stays in place very long. I’m making a wild ass guess that this negatively affects 75% of all safari companies and PH’s.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I have a safari in Zimbabwe coming up in august of 2022.

Like you, I hope this is sorted out quickly.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Bad enough if you need to cancel, but just imagine being over there right now and trapped with no flight out. Do you get a mud hut for the duration of the new pandemic? Maybe fly out through Europe somewhere, but the news this morning said that 61 folks from South Africa just flew into the Netherlands and tested positive for Covid! Damn, here we go again.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I hope it gets worked out before September 2022.

Last edited by CharlesL; 11/27/21.

DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member
IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
The variants will continue until compliance is achieved.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

The sad part about post like this is, so many think this is not happening.

Wake the fugg up !

It doesn’t take “Q” to tell you the diff betwixed rain and piss !

Africa’s Ministry of Health already said the symptoms and cases are very mild.

Last edited by JohnnyLoco; 11/28/21.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

Take your woketard Biden schit over to CNN

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Observe that this fearsome variant is in the southernmost part of Africa, where Ivermectrin (for river blindness) and Hydroxychloroquine (for malaria) are not really in use.

Most of the endemic malarial and parasitic diseases, worldwise (let alone Africa) are in a band 20 degrees north and south of the equator.

Southern Africa wthere this mutation originated (apparently) is well south of that "dew line". As far as I can discern, MSM prognisticators, upset that Africa managed to escape the brunt of he COVID non-plague, are pinning their hopes on the wonderfulness of the news that even Africans can contract COVID, and children no less, and ignore this inconvenient fact.

Reminds me of foreigners getting off the plane in New York, wondering why they are not seeing cowboys.

It's just politcs, not science, as far as I can discern.

Carry what you’re willing to fight with - Mackay Sagebrush

Perfect is the enemy of good enough
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Someone had an article, I think Fox News, that they had an interview with a South African doctor. He said the new version has milder symptoms than the first two variants, no deaths, and no hospitalizations, no loss of smell or taste. Symptoms were muscle aches, a mild cough, with a week to 10 days of rest. Seems like it has mutated down. Shots don't work because of so many deviations in the genetic make up.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Yep, this will be with us for years. Chairman She has screwed the World to his laughter. And Fauci is complicit.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Dixie_Dude
Someone had an article, I think Fox News, that they had an interview with a South African doctor. He said the new version has milder symptoms than the first two variants, no deaths, and no hospitalizations, no loss of smell or taste. Symptoms were muscle aches, a mild cough, with a week to 10 days of rest. Seems like it has mutated down. Shots don't work because of so many deviations in the genetic make up.

She said it did show increased pulse rate, but other than that it sounds like a regular cold.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

No need for qanon membership, you can see the globalized efforts of our corrupt government along with other countries rushing for the great reset with all these “ variants “ coming down the pipe.

Last edited by remingtonman; 11/29/21.

"When guns are outlawed,only the outlaws will have guns".
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Correct !

The variant we get soon is NOT the Omni, it will be masked as such. Will go from lungs to brains.

This is what the scientist on Camp Stanley say.

Last edited by JohnnyLoco; 11/29/21.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
We’re headed over to P.E. the last week of April, wife and I are hoping this is just a blip

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

57 members (Akhutr, beefan, 358wsm, 2500HD, bosshoff, 12 invisible), 1,387 guests, and 778 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,243
Posts18,485,924
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.