Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by jdollar
Originally Posted by WildWest
GOING TO BE CONSTANT VARIANTS. This will never end. As planned. Going to break every business until the deep state does the great reset.
Qanon membership paid up??
Well, what do you think happened? Maybe some Chinaman ate some raw bat sushi and spread a bat disease around town that inadvertently got to Italy and the U.S. brought by Chinese travelers that went to Wuhan for the Chinese New Year celebration? Or you reckon that bioweapon lab had something to do with it?
Ya reckon they saving the big one for the election.

DF

GB1

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
unfortunately its time to quit worrying about hunting and get a way to reset governments again to where they should be. then we can go back to hunting. one is much harder than the other.

otoh if things shut down and you can't hunt, then you don't need your guns either so turn those in.... plans of the corrupt.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by WoodsyAl
GRF, yes recent news is encouraging and I haven’t given up on believing I can make the trip, especially if it is later in the year. Thanks for pulling for me!

There is still a lot we don’t know. I expect we will find that current vaccines offer some level of protection, and there will be work that does not start from scratch to develop vaccines that will work better. We’ll have to see what governments and airlines do.

I have to say that when I was in South Africa during September, COVID was being taken much more seriously there than here. Masks were everywhere and whenever you entered any building there was someone offering hand sanitizer.

Originally Posted by GRF
WoodsyAl; better news all the time

-the new variant seems less potent.
-it has now been found in Holland with a date of origin prior to being found in RSA

Should mean it was found in RSA but not originated in RSA.

I’m feeling more posting about your trip Al!

Here’s a quote from a gentleman in RSA

Ouch!!!
Once again the world's media is reporting: "South Africa has a new Covid variant" as if the variant started here and is infecting us all.
CAN I SAY THIS AGAIN, MORE LOUDLY FOR THE IDIOT JOURNALISTS AT THE BACK: South Africa has one of the
most sophisticated and advanced infectious diseases
infrastructure on the planet. Some of the world's leading
epidemiologists work in South Africa. We've had to
develop these capabilities to deal with TB and AIDS and
other diseases ravaging our continent.
It is no surprise that our medical system is the first in the
world to identify new Covid variants. It is no surprise that
we led the world in clinical trials of vaccines.
What IS a surprise is how lazy journalists write headlines:
"New Covid variant in South Africa". No, this new Covid
variant has been found in New Zealand, England, Brazil,
France, India, Indonesia, the Philippines and other places
South African scientists isolated, sequenced and
understood it first. Report THAT fact, but don't start all
over again with putting "South Africa is unsafe" into
people's heads.

Graeme Codrington, South African author, futurist and strategy consultant, founding director of strategic insights firm, TomorrowToday.
And if they still believe in masks there is part of the problem. I've guided folks way up the food chain in this stuff and every last one of them says masks are to alter behavior patterns. they do nothing at all to stop the spread.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Blu_Cs
Observe that this fearsome variant is in the southernmost part of Africa, where Ivermectrin (for river blindness) and Hydroxychloroquine (for malaria) are not really in use.

Most of the endemic malarial and parasitic diseases, worldwise (let alone Africa) are in a band 20 degrees north and south of the equator.

Southern Africa wthere this mutation originated (apparently) is well south of that "dew line". As far as I can discern, MSM prognisticators, upset that Africa managed to escape the brunt of he COVID non-plague, are pinning their hopes on the wonderfulness of the news that even Africans can contract COVID, and children no less, and ignore this inconvenient fact.

Reminds me of foreigners getting off the plane in New York, wondering why they are not seeing cowboys.

It's just politcs, not science, as far as I can discern.
I think Africa has enough starvation, war, and disease to allow a little Covid to go completely unnoticed.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Africa evidently uses a lot of Hydroxychloroquin for Malaria control and treatment. Of course CDC said it doesn’t work for the ‘Rona.

And India and South America use a lot of Ivermectin for parasites. Their ‘Rona numbers were pretty good considering third world medicine. But according to CDC Ivermectin doesn’t work with ‘Rona.

Neither drug works because they’re cheap, abundant and get in the way of a multi billion dollar big pharma money heist. And for sure big govt got their cut, all at our expense.

Oh well.

DF

IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by STRSWilson
What countries are banning flights?
I don't think any countries are banning flights now. This thread was started in 2021 back when the Delta variant was widespread and there were some flight bans.

Thankfully that's over, at least for now. But I imagine that there are those who would like to see an excuse for more lockdowns.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I’ll take a 40% chance of death versus a 60% chance any day of the week.

Another pearl from this Fauci/Biden loving, Trump hating, woketard dumbass.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Africa evidently uses a lot of Hydroxychloroquin for Malaria control and treatment. Of course CDC said it doesn’t work for the ‘Rona.

And India and South America use a lot of Ivermectin for parasites. Their ‘Rona numbers were pretty good considering third world medicine. But according to CDC Ivermectin doesn’t work with ‘Rona.

Neither drug works because they’re cheap, abundant and get in the way of a multi billion dollar big pharma money heist. And for sure big govt got their cut, all at our expense.

Oh well.

DF

Exactly.

Best comments on this thread.

Last edited by AB2506; 12/24/23.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
The government has the sheep scared to death of catching a cold. If you had your flu shots and boosters make sure to take Remdesivir if you get COVID, after all it's approved by the CDC.

Life is good live it while you can.
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
My Daughter just returned from a Business trip to Kenya, with COVID !!!!

"not too grumpy"
IC B3

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer

Oh well.

DF

I think both Hydroxychloroquine and Ivermectin are used pretty commonly in Africa and that may have an impact. I tried to buy some Ivermectin when I was in Mozambique and South Africa in 2022 but was unable to find any in the limited time I had to shop. But the PH I hunted with said they bought Ivermectin liquid from veterinary stores and used that.

The other big factor in relation to death rates in Africa is that the populations in almost all countries are very young with small numbers of elderly people. Young people are at very little risk from Covid and the death rate for that demographic is very low.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Interesting how other countries deemed third world have effective medicine compared to what is in the US. Makes you wonder or maybe confirm what you already believe. I recall a story I heard on a hunting podcast of a hunter who was in a country outside of the USA that got hurt hunting and got an infection. He was treated with an antibiotic and was able to come back home. His regular doctor,who was a friend, told him that he was lucky he was treated outside the USA with such a good antibiotic because it likely saved him. Makes you wonder.

Keep your powder dry and stay frosty my friends.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Pretty much all the mainline antibiotics are easily available in Africa in addition to Hydroxychloroquine and Ivermectin. I make three to four trip a year and carry lots of medication back home. Most prescriptions are cents per dose.

US consumers pay for the rest of the world.

My full coverage medical insurance in Namibia including emergency evac costs $53/month.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Question on that. How do you get that on your health insurance. I’m thinking the obvious and call them up and tel them you want it added. Or is it something that is separate that you need to get on your own.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by brinky72
Question on that. How do you get that on your health insurance. I’m thinking the obvious and call them up and tel them you want it added. Or is it something that is separate that you need to get on your own.

It is through a Namibian insurer. I have permanence in Namibia so a simple matter to apply for it. You can also get a policy under a work permit. Otherwise, you cannot get insured under a full policy, however, there are short term (vacationer) policies I believe.

Last edited by STRSWilson; 12/31/23.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Thanks. Good to know that such a thing exists.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by STRSWilson
Originally Posted by brinky72

It is through a Namibian insurer. I have permanence in Namibia so a simple matter to apply for it. You can also get a policy under a work permit. Otherwise, you cannot get insured under a full policy, however, there are short term (vacationer) policies I believe.

Who in their right mind would want any permanance in Namibia, or anywhere else in Africa? What would possess you to do that?

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Likely enjoys it there and probably has some sort of hunting gig there. I’ve seen expats in places like Belize and Panama. Guessing it’s similar. I’d do the same in Belize if you could still hunt jaguar and the numbers supported it. Great fishing and the local people are friendly.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Found the same in Namibia and Botswana in September. They are definitely taking it more seriously than we are, mainly because vaccines and good hospital care aren’t readily available.

This aged well. Yeah the magical vaccines prevented you from contracting and spreading covid. dumb and dumber

lol

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
another covtard fake vax worshipper

How many countries have you visited and/or hunted in Africa?

Originally Posted by Theo Gallus
Originally Posted by Blu_Cs
Observe that this fearsome variant is in the southernmost part of Africa, where Ivermectrin (for river blindness) and Hydroxychloroquine (for malaria) are not really in use.

Most of the endemic malarial and parasitic diseases, worldwise (let alone Africa) are in a band 20 degrees north and south of the equator.

Southern Africa wthere this mutation originated (apparently) is well south of that "dew line". As far as I can discern, MSM prognisticators, upset that Africa managed to escape the brunt of he COVID non-plague, are pinning their hopes on the wonderfulness of the news that even Africans can contract COVID, and children no less, and ignore this inconvenient fact.

Reminds me of foreigners getting off the plane in New York, wondering why they are not seeing cowboys.

It's just politcs, not science, as far as I can discern.
I think Africa has enough starvation, war, and disease to allow a little Covid to go completely unnoticed.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

268 members (204guy, 16penny, 219 Wasp, 17CalFan, 257robertsimp, 1_deuce, 35 invisible), 2,322 guests, and 1,235 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,240
Posts18,485,878
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.