-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I see our boy wonder is back. He just couldn't stand it any longer. The punk just can't help himself. As I predicted. Yep! He makes it sound like Toyota is the only car company that ever had any recalls. Like I said: 'The more he talks, the more he shows us what an idiot he really is and how little he really knows.' He certainly needs some professional help. He sure is entertaining though. Good for lots of laughs. Fun to push his buttons. And sooooooooo easy too. What a puppet on a string. Ha, ha. I heard in his next life, he wants to come back as a Toyota lug nut.

GB1

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M

From your own link.

more engines were affected,but the link makes no mention

As was also stated in the article,Toyota found the problem

as is stated at the same link. [/quote]

You've only quoted the link that was posted. A response was made to what you had posted at the time, not what you dug up after the fact and added in Edit. No other links are/were mentioned until after your reply. Typical.

One of your new links does bring up over 400 Tundra engine failures. It is posted by a Tundra owner no less. Of course, there's no doubt that he's mistaken too. crazy

hunter01, front end problems got you down? Or are your knees that sore from your daily job? wink

The Second Amendment isn't about Hunting. It's about Freedom.

FJB Let's Go Brandon
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A response was made to what you had posted at the time, not what you dug up after the fact. No other links are/were mentioned until after your reply. Typical.

So information quoted after my previous post is not admissible to prove the credibility of my data?You are just bitter that by posting my sources to prove my previous post was correct,I also proved your accusation to be in error.It must really bother you to have other people back up their posts,when you aren't capable of doing so.Typical grin

One of your new links does bring up over 400 Tundra engine failures.

So why not quote his post if it is credible?Could it be because this person simply made a claim with no data to back it up?Could he be just another Toyota hater like you that makes baseless claims? grin

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Noone is upset here. Watching people like you weasel around is nothing new. Again, reading comprehension should be of primary concern to you. After all, you made the post and put the quotes linked to the article in it. Then, you attempt to refer to something else entirely. All of this in an attempt to muddy the waters, ie. recalls, engine failures, front end problems...

BTW, the guy sounded like a Toyota owner that got sucked into (hunter01?) the hype and is worried about engine failure. You should at least have sympathy for him. After all, he got drawn in by all of the hype too. Since you've posted the link, you can find it over there. After all, everyone knows that a Toyota owner wouldn't lie. Or would they? You'd think that they would all be as honest and truthful as the rest of you Toyota guys.

FJB Let's Go Brandon
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Noone is upset here. Watching people like you weasel around is nothing new.

I guess that it just isn't fair to you to not have any proof for your baseless claims while other posters resort to sneaky tactics like actually listing their sources to prove their credibility.

Again, reading comprehension should be of primary concern to you.

I just don't know how I earned my millwright and electrician journeyman certificates or my engineering certification.It is just amazing that I am able to operate and maintain multi million dollar equipment and earn a six figure salary doing so.

BTW, the guy sounded like a Toyota owner that got sucked (hunter01?) into the hype and is worried about engine failure. You should at least have sympathy for him. After all, he got drawn in by all of the hype too.

Why feel sorry for someone that owns a Toyota?He is better off having to worry about a possible recall than owning a GM or Ford and having to deal with an actual failure,because there was no recall.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Let's see. I live in Indiana and can choose to buy a Tundra assembled in Toyota's state of the art plant in Princeton, IN. By doing so, my price of purchase will go towards the salaries of employees living in Indiana, and paying income taxes in Indiana. The company, Toyota, will pay property taxes and payroll taxes to the State of Indiana. The company, Toyota, originally promised approximately 2,000 jobs, and now has expanded the plant to an level of over 5,000 employees who assemble three different vehicles, the Tundra, the Sequoia, and the Sienna. The company, Toyota, just struck a deal to use the unused capacity at the Subaru-Isuzu plant in Lafayette, IN, to assemble 100,000 Camry's a year, employing another 1,000 people. These employees will also pay Indiana income tax, and the company will pay property and payroll taxes. On top of that, the company will be taxed on the profit it makes. So it makes pretty good sense to me to own a Sequoia and my wife a Sienna.
Now Honda announces a new plant in Greensburg, IN, employing 2,000. This will grow to between 4,000 and 5,000 employees in the next 5 years. Same thing for income, property, payroll, and profit taxes.
In which state is GM, Ford, or Dodge hiring over 3,000 NEW employees in the next two years? Why is it that for the first time in their history, Toyota management actually had the production team from Indiana go down to Texas to train the new employees at the new Tundra plant down there, rather than fly them in from overseas? Because our people did it better than their employees overseas!
What truck manufacturer hasn't had recalls????? On my Sequoia, it was handled very easily when I went in for my oil change - actually the dealer gave me a free oil change due to the fact it took an extra 30 minutes to handle the lower ball joint. Seems to me a recall is better than just fixing it under warranty and keeping the customer in the dark - "oh, we fixed a few things that fell under your warranty, don't worry about all that stuff".
And finally, what's one of the more recent recalls in Ford's history? Oh yeah, faulty OEM tires that didn't get recalled in time....

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
In which state is GM, Ford, or Dodge hiring over 3,000 NEW employees in the next two years?

Actually GM and Dodge have moved the manufacture of some of their vehicles out of the USA to Mexico.The Avalanche and some Dodge Rams are manufactured there instead of being built in the USA.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Dude...

If you are dumb enough to hook up two truck togeter with a chain and pull... you are are not bright enough to know that Tundra with the 5.7 would pull you down the street backwards with your tire screaming and probably your buddies too. I am a Ford guy. That Tundra is bad ass truck. Live with it

Camp is where you make it.
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
thanks kimber.... well put..

woofer

"I would build one again, if it were not for my 350RM (grin)."

MtnHtr
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
I have seen that before usually someone breaks a driveshaft of roasts a trans. They are left looking very silly. It's fun watching stupid people for sure. I have owned mostly GM vehicles, 1 ford ranger, 1 nissan altima, and a dodge ram 4x4. I currently have a Dmax 2500 hd and love this truck. I will not own another nissan, done with ford, maybe a dodge again, hope to keep my dmax a long time. I have drove a tundra 07 and it is a nice truck just have not warmed up to the new body. I got the dmax over the 1/2 tons because there a some stuff I pull that require a 3/4 ton. Also the 1/2 ton with the same options cost as much or more than the 3/4 with the diesel. I have had very good service from my Gm vehicles and most likey will continue to own them. The tundra is a very solid truck from what I see and hear. If they ever make a diesel powered truck I will take a look but for now the Dmax is king (diesel power in 3/4, 1 ton).If you compare apples to apples the tundra is tops for now in it's class.

magnums the only way to shoot
IC B3

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by tzone
Dude...

If you are dumb enough to hook up two truck togeter with a chain and pull... you are are not bright enough to know that Tundra with the 5.7 would pull you down the street backwards with your tire screaming and probably your buddies too. I am a Ford guy. That Tundra is bad ass truck. Live with it

Dude, you're not very bright. You sound more like a dumb Toyota supporter. Writing "I am a Ford guy." means what? All that I had stated about my truck is that it was a Ford, not which model. Here's a clue: My 4x4 truck weighs in at 7000+ pounds unloaded. The Toyota guy talked the trash. I just called him on it, nothing more. Tundra a bad ass truck? I don't think so. Funny thing is, neither did he after he ate his words. You live with it.

For the poster who brought up recalls, when did Ford start making tires?

FJB Let's Go Brandon
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
For the poster who brought up recalls, when did Ford start making tires?

About the same time that Toyota started making the camshafts for the 5.7 engine.

http://www.lemonauto.com/complaints/toyota/toyota_tundra.htm

Toyota said it has determined that a flaw in the casting of a still-undetermined number of Tundra camshafts -- made for Toyota's Alabama engine plant by an outside supplier -- prompted the engine failures.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
I thought everyone heard of the Ford TurnOver tires especially designed for the Ford Exploder.

Campfire Kahuna Emeritus &
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Made in Flint, Michigan.

[Linked Image]

This is the truck that Toyota uses when they want to haul stuff to a show. Please open the link; it's really fun.

http://jalopnik.com/cars/pickup-tru...-race-leaving-towing-to-chevy-304526.php

This picture, taken by an anonymous tipster we're calling "Deep Alamo", is from the set up for the Texas State Fair last night. Looks normal enough, doesn't it -- the Toyota truck racing trailer pulling up to the fair site, right? Wait a second, something's wrong here -- is that a late-model Silverado 3500 HD crew cab hauling it around? Yeah, that's what that is. Obviously the reason why Toyota wasn't going to be able to haul this heavy of a trailer was because they don't have a heavy duty pickup to hitch that big Toyota racing trailer up to. But even the most hard-core Toyota truck fan's got to admit it's probably a little embarrassing to have the competition hauling you around by your johnson trailer hitch.

Silverado Rocking The Toyota Truck Race Trailer

"God Loves Each Of Us As If There Were Only One Of Us"
Saint Augustine of Hippo - AD 397

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Gotta love that! That gonna stick the old oar in the pot!

E
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
E
I like both Toyota and Chevy trucks. If I want a cushy ride or have a few guys going up to the cabin we load up the 2004 LT suburban. If I am alone or with one other person going hunting or fishing I choose the 2002 Tundra. It is more fun to drive. The 4.7 engine is crisp and responsive, and becoming known as one of the most reliable and low wearing production V8 engines ever made. The Chev 5.3 is no slouch and is smooth, but feels less responsive. I like some of the standard options on the suburban. So far the Chev has had more problems like a front bearing seal going, running lights burning out prematurely, temp control unit going out, leather on armrest cracking, intermittent failure of the temp/direction indicator, and the power stearing pump going out. The tundra has been flawless and is perfect for hauling around the hunting and ice fishing equipment. I don't do any heavy hauling or towing so both trucks have plenty of power for my needs.

I get the feel that the Toyota will last longer and continue run as good as it did day one, while the the Chev will slowly deteriorate, but never strand me and keep on working until I get sick of putting money into it.

When we traded our 2001 Suburban for the 2004 a few features were absent like the engine comparment light and locking gas cover.

Bottom line for me is that I am satisfied with both trucks for my uses, and the fact is all the major truck brands are likely to be pretty good compared to my long retired 81 Suburban and 84 K-5 Blazer.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Early Riser
I like both Toyota and Chevy trucks. If I want a cushy ride or have a few guys going up to the cabin we load up the 2004 LT suburban. If I am alone or with one other person going hunting or fishing I choose the 2002 Tundra. It is more fun to drive. The 4.7 engine is crisp and responsive, and becoming known as one of the most reliable and low wearing production V8 engines ever made. The Chev 5.3 is no slouch and is smooth, but feels less responsive. I like some of the standard options on the suburban. So far the Chev has had more problems like a front bearing seal going, running lights burning out prematurely, temp control unit going out, leather on armrest cracking, intermittent failure of the temp/direction indicator, and the power stearing pump going out. The tundra has been flawless and is perfect for hauling around the hunting and ice fishing equipment. I don't do any heavy hauling or towing so both trucks have plenty of power for my needs.

I get the feel that the Toyota will last longer and continue run as good as it did day one, while the the Chev will slowly deteriorate, but never strand me and keep on working until I get sick of putting money into it.

When we traded our 2001 Suburban for the 2004 a few features were absent like the engine comparment light and locking gas cover.

Bottom line for me is that I am satisfied with both trucks for my uses, and the fact is all the major truck brands are likely to be pretty good compared to my long retired 81 Suburban and 84 K-5 Blazer.

YES to all of the above.

And the LBZ Duramax absolutely frickin' ROCKS!!!

Steve

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Can I get Amen brother! grin

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jmt277
Can I get Amen brother! grin

AMEN grin

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by dogzapper
But even the most hard-core Toyota truck fan's got to admit it's probably a little embarrassing to have the competition hauling you around by your johnson trailer hitch.

Give em time, Steve, give em time..... I still support GM as the Silverado is also assembled in Indiana. Last survey truck we bought was a 2500 crew cab, got over 100,000 miles on it in 3 years and still doing ok.

Actually, my bad on the Ford recall of the tires. Let's talk about my buddy down in Atlanta who lost his friggin house because the ignition switch in his Expedition, which was parked in his garage, started a fire that burned his house down. Luckily, neither he nor his family was in the house at the time. Still, to lose everything you have, every stitch of clothing, because ANY manufacturer hasn't yet issued a recall on faulty equipment and/or workmanship, is just wrong in my book.

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

600 members (222ND, 1lessdog, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 222Sako, 2500HD, 61 invisible), 2,481 guests, and 1,254 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,607
Posts18,511,623
Members74,007
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.