Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Back before the whole country became a bunch of Pussies that needed .gov to protect them from themselves.
Interfering with natural selection was a huge mistake.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The barracks at LFTCLant Little Creek had a beer machine.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Yup no ID needed.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Weren’t they in the entryway of Shoneys?

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I remember those. Back in HS on lunch break walking to the local Italian restaurant with a cigarette machine. A pack of Marlboros was $3.00 back then. We’d ask the person at the register for $3.00 in quarters and she’s say “you don’t want quarters for the cigarette machine right?” No mam! Back five years earlier our friends dad would give him a $20 and a note granting permission for the clerk at a party store to sell us two packs of cigarettes for him and let us keep the change for pops. Different times for sure and I’m glad that I quit smoking along time ago. Not smoking when I drank was a hard habit quit.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I remember waking to the little neighborhood gas station and getting cigarettes for my Uncle when I was. grade school.
I think Marlboros were $ .35 cents.
My uncle would give me a dollar. So I had a ton of money left over for a Coke and candy bars.
The gas station also had one of this Planter Candy vending machines. It had peanuts, peanut bars, and some kind of nasty jelly looking candy bars. Kinda like a big gummy bear.
And of course, Cheese Peanut Butter crackers.

My first year of Jr College, I remember all the local bars and pool halls still had them. I think they had gone up to $ .75 cents by then.

Last edited by chlinstructor; 01/28/22.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I remember being 14 or 15 years old and going into Carroll's hamburger joint, putting 50 cents into the cigarette machine, pulling the lever and out comes a pack of Camel filters. All my friends were smoking so why not? Smoked for 40 years before I quit 12 years ago.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
I remember those. Back in HS on lunch break walking to the local Italian restaurant with a cigarette machine. A pack of Marlboros was $3.00 back then. We’d ask the person at the register for 3.00 in quarters and she’s say “you don’t want quarters for the cigarette machine right?” No mam! Back five years earlier our friends dad would give him a $20 and a note granting permission for the clerk at a party store to sell us cigarettes for him and let us keep the change for pops. Different times for sure and I’m glad that I quit smoking along time ago. Not smoking when I drank was a hard habit quit.

$3?! When I started smoking they were .85c a pack. We had a smoking section in high school. My parents signed a note for me when I was 14.
They had to be Fugkin retarded.

Neither of my parents smoked but everyone in our family did besides them. We still had ashtrays around the house.

Last edited by jackmountain; 01/28/22.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jackmountain
I remember those. Back in HS on lunch break walking to the local Italian restaurant with a cigarette machine. A pack of Marlboros was $3.00 back then. We’d ask the person at the register for 3.00 in quarters and she’s say “you don’t want quarters for the cigarette machine right?” No mam! Back five years earlier our friends dad would give him a $20 and a note granting permission for the clerk at a party store to sell us cigarettes for him and let us keep the change for pops. Different times for sure and I’m glad that I quit smoking along time ago. Not smoking when I drank was a hard habit quit.

$3?! When I started smoking they were .85c a pack. We had a smoking section in high school. My parents signed a note for me when I was 14.

Yep. Our HS had a smoking section too. I didn’t start till my first year of college. Smoked for 38 years. Quit 5 or 6 years ago.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

LOL

Michigan always had a high “sin tax.” My grandfather grew up in KY and liked to say that when he was growing up if a man didn’t smoke it was assumed that they we’re probably “funny” and to be avoided back in the 30’s.

IC B3

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
They were common up here.

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J

LOL

Michigan always had a high “sin tax.” My grandfather grew up in KY and liked to say that when he was growing up if a man didn’t smoke it was assumed that they we’re probably “funny” and to be avoided back in the 30’s.

We had a “don’t trust a man that” list.
Don’t smoke
Don’t cuss
Can’t shoot whiskey
Has soft hands.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I remember those. Back in HS on lunch break walking to the local Italian restaurant with a cigarette machine. A pack of Marlboros was $3.00 back then. We’d ask the person at the register for $3.00 in quarters and she’s say “you don’t want quarters for the cigarette machine right?” No mam! Back five years earlier our friends dad would give him a $20 and a note granting permission for the clerk at a party store to sell us two packs of cigarettes for him and let us keep the change for pops. Different times for sure and I’m glad that I quit smoking along time ago. Not smoking when I drank was a hard habit quit.

Back in the late '70s I knew kids that had notes from their parents to sell their kids beer to take back home. I bet it wasn't legal but nobody cared till about 1981 or 2 and things started tightening up.

Figures don't lie, But Liars figure
Assumption is the mother of mistakes
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
First time i bought some they cost 35 cents and you got a pack of matches.

I remember the first time i saw a microwave it was in the late 60's in Germany on Post.

It was a hoot putting the food in and in a short time it was hot and did not taste that bad.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Neither of my parents smoked but everyone in our family did besides them. We still had ashtrays around the house.

Elwood's Shell Station, on the corner in front of the Parochial School I went to. Cig machine in the little lobby area where the maps,cans of STP oil treatment and scheidt were.

Run in, $0.25 in the slot, push buttons, hope we got something good instead of Newports or Old Golds. Or Larks like my mom smoked, hated stealing them from her.

Elwood come runnin' out, you kids can't be buyin' them cigarettes now, as we hauled ass on our bicycles.

Elwood had one of them Coke machines with that little push handle on the front. We learned if we smacked that handle as hard as we could, it would spin around and spit out a Coke for us. Usually took Elwood 2 or 3 times for him to hear it over the tune up he was doing in the gas station bay.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 1911a1

Back in the late '70s I knew kids that had notes from their parents to sell their kids beer to take back home. I bet it wasn't legal but nobody cared till about 1981 or 2 and things started tightening up.

I remember the first beer I drank was a Bush beer. My buddies and I were about 12 and playing in the ditches with BB guns when we found those beers in a culvert. We ran up into a cornfield excited as all get up to drink them and then got scared that our parents would know. We cracked em and dared each other to try them and then finally each drank a beer but was disappointed when it wasn’t enough to get drunk like we had expected.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by plainsman456
First time i bought some they cost 35 cents and you got a pack of matches.

I remember the first time i saw a microwave it was in the late 60's in Germany on Post.

It was a hoot putting the food in and in a short time it was hot and did not taste that bad.

I don’t remember ever getting a pack of matches out of the machine with the cigarettes. But I do remember every Restaurant and bar having free packs of “gopher” matches on the counter.
GrandDad called them gopher matches. You light one then you have to go fer another. 🤠

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
N
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
N
When my folks were smoking, I think a pack was 22 cents out of the machine. They’d put in a quarter and the pack would have 3 pennies along the side for change.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
DMc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Betting a cigarette machine would be a real collectible item.

Especially stocked with 20 year old packs of cigs.

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DMc
Betting a cigarette machine would be a real collectible item.

Especially stocked with 20 year old packs of cigs.

20 nothing. I know where one is with 50 year old smokes still in it

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

633 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 10ring1, 19rabbit52, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 75 invisible), 3,231 guests, and 1,155 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,630
Posts18,533,199
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.